Evacuation of BTM - Filmed!

Started by Filip, July 13, 2011, 01:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filip

Great filming of an evacuation of the Big Thunder Mountain, revealing all the backstage. It looks the train stopped on the last hill climb. Then they walked through outside nicely themed heh evacuation path and then inside through the steel structure of BTM, lastly walked through the underwater tunnel. funny the underwater tunnel is bare concrete and not themed as no one can see that in the dark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmSxGFTLrhc

MrsPirate

Why was it evacuated?

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

DGRavenswood

I doubt that they shared the actual reason. CMs are supposed to explain that there are "technical difficulties" without entering into details. An educated guess is that the attraction experienced a regular breakdown which took longer than usual to fix. In those cases, rather than hold guests "captive" for an indefinite amount of time, they evacuate the attraction and hand out tickets for later.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

bethella

Thats a long walk isnt it! im in a wheelchair so i would be terrified if they wanted to evacuate while i was on it!  :o
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe