Disney merchandise

Started by captain rocket, June 22, 2011, 11:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

We all love visiitng the parks and most of us enjoy browsing in the shops, I guess. I think most of us would agree that the variety of merchandise has become universal and bland and I wondered if you have a particular grump about some aspect of merchandising? I was making a cup of coffee this morning and got to thinking about mugs!! When I started going to the parks just before Eurodisney opened (Travel agent on a pre opening fam trip) Disney seemed to have a good selection of mugs AND a selection of sizes. For the last six or seven years there has mainly been the rather strange oversized mugs and I wonder if this affects sales as lots of people like me do not usually travel by car so space and weight in baggage is critical, I would certainly be more likely to buy more mugs if they were easier to transport! And it surprises me that the Disney buying team, who you would assume are experts in their field, would not take things like this into consideration! If this sort of poor attention to detail is reflected in many other areas you could see that it may be affecting revenue in a major way. What do you think?
ps I am one of those people who could always organise things better than other people so maybe I am just anal in my approach to this!!

glenn

it,s not only the mugs,i think all merchandsise has gone downhill.the little plastic character figures of which i,ve got 122 all different,clothing with the hotel name covering the whole front of the tops,instead of the little logos now.and little pottery figurines that seem to have been finnished for quite a few years now.