Goodbye to the hub?

Started by captain rocket, June 19, 2011, 07:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

Now here is another interesting point. If the fountains are going to happen, what about the issue that people get soaked during WoC. And also the fact that the most simple fountains are turned off all winter. Presumably this would only be in use part of the year? So many questions.
since 2001 (many before that)

SM:M3

If the weather (ice, snow) wasn't such a problem, I'd like to see the planters mixed with small ponds, possibly with fountains in.

CafeFantasia

I like the idea of a massive fountain in the middle of the hub, like the Fountain of Nations at Epcot.

DopeyDad

now that would be interesting, rewove the hub, replace with a pond and fountain that can be used for light and projections to augment a castle based show, be it with or without fireworks.

littlemermaid83

Sounds interesting. This has got my hopes up for a visit during the 20th anniversary!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Josh

I was expecting to only see the fountains in the moat, but putting them in the Plaza as well would look rather nice. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

davewasbaloo

As long as it is bigger and better than the one at Blackpool or the Hotel Colloseo, otherwise it will feel an also ran.

wishuponastar

I really want to know what the changes to the parade will be

mary

I presume when talking about the hub, you are referring to disney plaza stage?  If so, is this not too recent to think about replacing?

peter

Not if both management and imagineering agree that it was a mistake. What excites me is that now, shows will be on the castle theatre, which means the dance express thing( if it stays next year) will be over there(like insidedlparis said will happen soon), so the main street vehicles will run more often. Is it too early to suggest that we could be looking at a return to earlier years?

davewasbaloo

One can only hope Peter, one can only hope.

Scissorsboi

It certainly does look like someone, somewhere has gone 'it's the park's 20th birthday this year.. maybe we could have some money to try to make it look almost as good as it did opening day?'. The extensive renovations, switching to 'classier' finishes (brick paving/Castle refurb), and now the prospect of the return of the classic and beautiful hub to support a great new night time show..

I hate to say it, but I think some of our Wishes really will come true! (That was cheesy, I apologise now..  ;) )
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "peter"Not if both management and imagineering agree that it was a mistake. What excites me is that now, shows will be on the castle theatre, which means the dance express thing( if it stays next year) will be over there(like insidedlparis said will happen soon), so the main street vehicles will run more often. Is it too early to suggest that we could be looking at a return to earlier years?

That would by far be the Best thinkable result of a removement of the hub scene - Think about a Main Street USA with all the vehicles running throughout the entire day and not only right after morning opening.. To be able to stand in the Town Square and look down Main Street and see the omnibus, horse-drawn vehicles, etc. With the beautifully refurbished Castle as a backdrop... That would be Amazing and a true magical moment :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

davewasbaloo

Add in the Dapper Dans, the piano player at Casey's Corner, and a brass band and I could happily be on Main Street most of the day!

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Add in the Dapper Dans, the piano player at Casey's Corner, and a brass band and I could happily be on Main Street most of the day!

Let's hope we didn't jinx it, cause that would be terrific!
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]