Goodbye to the hub?

Started by captain rocket, June 19, 2011, 07:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

I have just returned from a 10 night Disney cruise around the med and we were lucky to have had two presentations from Michael Jung Vice president Theatrical Projects Walt Disney Imagineering which were both superb but extremely frustrating to see all the ongoing projects in virtually any Disney park but ours!!
After his second talk he had no time for questions from the floor, but I managed to have a word with him outside the Buena Vista Theatre and think he was somewhat taken aback when I asked him why the live entertainment in Paris was so poor! I qualified my question with the rider that there where major viewing problems and all of our theatres are empty for most of the year and although he did not respond directly to my suggestion that it was down to finanace he just smiled at this point! I asked him what imagineering thought of the hub stage and he confirmed it was their idea and one of the poorest decisions that they made regarding Paris and it would be replaced "soon" he would'nt say what with though! He also confirmed that a new spectacular involving the castle moat,lasers,projection and maybe even fireworks are in the planning stage, another smile when I asked if we would get this for the 20th!!
He was in such demand that I could'nt really keep him any longer, but he did confirm after the first presentation that it IS planned for us to have Star Tours 2 "in the future"
So all is not doom and gloom, but I wish Anaheim was in France!!

thebritishfrog

It is looking like the 20th is going to be the year to come!
I went to a presentation a few weeks ago about the 20th and the new show in front of the castle looks like it's going to be amazing along with a huge facelift to the parade...
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

15MagicalYears

That sounds like great news, and I'm hoping the "huge facelift" for the parade is better than the "pluses" they added this year.

thebritishfrog

well at this stage it is looking good... we will see a big difference. :-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

Columbiad

This has made my day. Anything is better than the Central Hub stage. I wonder what it could be replaced by? Whatever it us, it'll be unique to the Paris park. Having a secondary stage so close to the Castle stage is really ridiculous.

I take it that the fact he didn't say what it'd be replaced with suggests it wont be returned to the beautiful, lush garden it was?

Scissorsboi

Unless we see something along the lines of the World of Color viewing area with fountains intergrated into flowerbeds? Not only could that be a beautiful renovation of the hub, it would certainly add some comedic justice to the guests who trample the current flowerbeds..

I think I'm in a bit of a dream land wanting this though..
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Josh

YEEEEESSSSS!!!

I was shouting that in my mind when I read this! xD This is great news to hear! It's fantastic to hear that this has been confirmed! :D
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

I really hope this is true and that the ugly stage will be removed soon.

It seems WDI is also ashamed about the way DLRP has taken.

alternativerock123

Wow, amazing news. Hopefully it will go back to its original state, I never have been the old flower beds personally, but in pictures it looked pretty and simple.

I really hope we get something like the World of Color, even if it is a small projection.
  :thumbs:

However they'll do more stage shows for places like the Castle theatre.  :D
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Columbiad

I really hope it's something unique rather than World of Colour personally. I think the full blown World of Colour show should be saved for WDS, as something that can really draw in the crowds.

Although, saying that, with DLP's lack of fireworks every night, coloured fountains are a perfect substitute, and a firework show at the end of the day at the castle is a Disneyland tradition. DLP could be that wee bit differant and have fountains.

dagobert

I think it will be a small laser and projection show that includes a few fountains. I'm sure it can't be compared with WoC.

Columbiad

I wonder when the Hub stage will be replaced.. and with what? How soon is "soon?" Soon enough for the 20th anniversary?

dagobert

Quote from: "Columbiad"I wonder when the Hub stage will be replaced.. and with what? How soon is "soon?" Soon enough for the 20th anniversary?

We shouldn't get our hopes too high. Just because an Imagineer on a Disney ship says it will be replaced/removed doesn't mean it's really going to happen. DLRP's management still has the last word and I'm not sure if they want an expensive stage removed after just a few years.

Josh

Quote from: "dagobert"I think it will be a small laser and projection show that includes a few fountains. I'm sure it can't be compared with WoC.
Still, I'm sure it's going to improve all of the future shows that we have! :) Imagine what it will be like on New Years Eve!

Quote from: "Columbiad"I wonder when the Hub stage will be replaced.. and with what? How soon is "soon?" Soon enough for the 20th anniversary?
I don't think it would make sense if it was after the 20th. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

I like the fact that wdi has acknowledged that dlp has become sloppy. Maybe they'll take more time now, rather than letting carnival rides. I can see them keeping the plaza closed, but putting in some of the fountains