D23 | Expo 2011

Started by dagobert, May 25, 2011, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alternativerock123

InsidetheMagic posted a video of the "new" talking Mickey.  I have to say that I think the technology of interection has come along quite well since the other video of the one in the park (not the first intro to the talking Mickey)
I also have to give a around of applause to the cast of Mickey. The timing of the movement with the speech is incredible.

[youtube:1viezsny]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEKk8qhlSiw&feature=feedu[/youtube:1viezsny]
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

CafeFantasia

Yeah, there were already several videos of the Talking Mickey "living character", at the D23 Expo 2011, on YouTube. Just search for "talking mickey" and sort the results by upload date. If you compare them all, you'll notice a pattern. Mickey has a set of stock phrases that he uses with everyone he meets. So, they're definitely pre-recorded and not performed by a live voice actor:

• Hiya pal
• Hi everybody
• Oh boy, am I glad ya stopped by
• I'm so excited to see you
• Are ya havin' fun today?
• Where ya from?
• Time for a picture
• Whaddaya say we get a picture?
• Sure, let's take another picture
• This time I'll try not to blink
• I'd love to have it for my scrapbook
• Huh huh
• Ha ha
• Let's all say cheese
• Ready?
• Cheese!
• 1, 2, 3, ta-dah!
• Thank you
• Hot dog!
• Oh, an autograph. I'd be happy to sign it
• M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E
• Have a great time today
• Nice seein' ya pal
• See ya real soon
• So long
• Buh bye

Anyway, so here's a video from JeffLangeDVD:

[youtube:9y57hp7e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q08CSy2ePF4&hd=1[/youtube:9y57hp7e]
Here's one from AllEarsNet:

[youtube:9y57hp7e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sFsSLrJ_h4&hd=1[/youtube:9y57hp7e]
And here's another from Attractions Magazine:

[youtube:9y57hp7e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txgxMg2eaQ4[/youtube:9y57hp7e]

peter

I didn't even know that Tokyo was getting an expansion. Twdc is missing a trick here. Many fans are devoted enough to visit international parks... If they knew what was at them that they couldn't get in us. Could you imagine the American audience if dlp was advertised at d23?

dagobert

From MiceChat member TreFred:
BTW, I finally got SOME news on France after coercing (ok, waterboarding ) the right Imagineer. Turns out the situation is eerily similar to ours. You have a great park (DL) in some level of disrepair which is being plussed up at the approach of its birthday and you've got a second gate (WDSP instead of DCA) which has been under-performing and although it has received a few new ride (like ToT, we did too) and some smaller ones (the whole Toy Story playplace like we got Monster's Inc) which triggered some 'place-making', it's still not 'winning' like Charlie Sheen would say...

... so what do you do?

... well, that's kinda why JL was visiting your WDS recently. He made the same argument about the lack of cohesive theming, the lack of character and the necessity for a large place-making project. In fact, the Imagineers already have an overall re-design similar to what they have for DCA. Yep, a big big deal

However, between the economic situation in Europe and the non finished work in the US (includiing the two major expansions on both coast), it is a matter of spreading themselves too thin. At the same time, the argument is being made for it being almost the best time for such an investment.

Bottom line: keep your fingers crossed for a major announcement from Tom Staggs closer to the end of the year, as the overall 20th of DLP gets on the way.

Or not .

But it is there RIGHT NOW, just laying on ice for a little while longer..

ulak

Quote from: AlanHere's a video for ulak.

... For Jodi Benson's performance, head straight to part 3/6. For the Muppets, head straight to parts 5/6 and 6/6.

Thank you very much, Alan!  :thumbs:  I see on it all tonight, i was far from home.
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "dagobert"From MiceChat member TreFred:
BTW, I finally got SOME news on France after coercing (ok, waterboarding ) the right Imagineer. Turns out the situation is eerily similar to ours. You have a great park (DL) in some level of disrepair which is being plussed up at the approach of its birthday and you've got a second gate (WDSP instead of DCA) which has been under-performing and although it has received a few new ride (like ToT, we did too) and some smaller ones (the whole Toy Story playplace like we got Monster's Inc) which triggered some 'place-making', it's still not 'winning' like Charlie Sheen would say...

... so what do you do?

... well, that's kinda why JL was visiting your WDS recently. He made the same argument about the lack of cohesive theming, the lack of character and the necessity for a large place-making project. In fact, the Imagineers already have an overall re-design similar to what they have for DCA. Yep, a big big deal

However, between the economic situation in Europe and the non finished work in the US (includiing the two major expansions on both coast), it is a matter of spreading themselves too thin. At the same time, the argument is being made for it being almost the best time for such an investment.

Bottom line: keep your fingers crossed for a major announcement from Tom Staggs closer to the end of the year, as the overall 20th of DLP gets on the way.

Or not .

But it is there RIGHT NOW, just laying on ice for a little while longer..

Very interesting reading - however, not surprising that they now it needs a lot of attention... We shouldn't get our hopes high for anything (at all), but them having plans and being aware of the situation is reassuring in some way.
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Josh

We always knew that the imagineers knew where they were taking the studios, but it's good to hear that they're still campaigning for it to happen. :)

Quote from: "Alan"But the exterior is really ugly. It's definitely ugliest Disney castle ever! It looks really boxy and fat, not tall and elegant like our castle here in Paris. In fact, it looks like the shape of the exterior has been compromised, to accommodate all of the interior elements they want to include.
I thought that, too. I also didn't like how the castle appears to be surrounded by concrete. No moat? No rock work? :( Still, it's only a cheap model. I want to see it in real life or see a more detailed model before I decide. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]