best moments at disneyland

Started by shell_ely, November 21, 2006, 10:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shell_ely

what was your best ride ,best show ,best meal etc anything you recomend to others!

shell_ely

hi has anyone got a video of mickys winter wonderland we got back yesterday and realised we have lost our disc with it on the kids are gutted can anyone help me out my email is mailto:shell_ely@yahoo.com">shell_ely@yahoo.com thanks guys

Lozzie

My best ride has always been POTC. I love it so much. The first time i went on it was when i was 8, and i was hooked ever since.

When i went to DLRP earlier in the year i went to Cafe Mickey. I was so happy because i didnt realise it was a character place lol. And Goofy took quite a liking to me, he wouldnt leave me alone until it was his time to go back again. He stood behind me and kept playing with my hair it was really cute.

My fondess memory isnt actually of DLRP its Disneyworld in Orlando. Thats where my partner proposed to me, and it was so wonderful. We were at the Polynesian hotel, and it was at night time, we went out and sat on the beach area, no one else was out there, so we sat on a massive hammock. He planned it just as the fireworks over at the castle were starting so we sat and watched them for a while. it was lovely because we could see them and hear the music really clearly, then he got down on one knee and proposed. I cried my eyes out lol.
So theres my soppy tale.
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

DisneyBud

How sweet is that!!! Creates a nice image.

Mine was probably meeting Mickey for the first time (lame I know, but I had waited sooo long to meet him)

miss disney fan

i think mine would be the very 1st time we walked thourgh the main gates after just arriving, we were quite lucky because as we walked in it was just getting the right time for the christmas parade with the snow falling.  and thats when the magic really hit home

Samninetysix

*sniff* ....... *cries*

swity

Mine was riding Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast for the first time, because I love Toy Story -it's my favourite Disney movie..and so I was very excited as we waited in the queue...and I wasn't disaapointed...we rode it at least 5 times a day....
And an other special moment was when we met Buzz Lightyear....so cool.....This year was the first time we saw him walking through the park....

Samninetysix

Best Moment??? - Every time I see my daughters face light up as we walk down from the security check in to the Disney Hotel/park gates - works for me every time :)

Soap

That one feeling walking Main Street.....can't explain it, but i think u guys know what feeling i mean!  :wink:

And wel...POTC is the best ride, everytime over and over again  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

shell_ely

the best moments for me are just being there the sights the smell the atmosphere there is just no where else that comes close.

Lozzie

Quote from: "shell_ely"the best moments for me are just being there the sights the smell the atmosphere there is just no where else that comes close.

I love the Disney smell! Theres a tiny part of my local Morrisons supermarket that smells of Disney, and i like to stand there and sniff like mad! I dont care if people think im weird...lol
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

Samninetysix

Quote from: "Lozzie"
Quote from: "shell_ely"the best moments for me are just being there the sights the smell the atmosphere there is just no where else that comes close.

I love the Disney smell! Theres a tiny part of my local Morrisons supermarket that smells of Disney, and i like to stand there and sniff like mad! I dont care if people think im weird...lol

I sincerely hope it's nowhere near the underwaer department!!!!!! :D

disneyfanatic

I have to say going into either DLP or WDW and seeing the castle from Main Street as an everytime occurance, but our best memory came last year at WDW in FL when on our 13th wedding anniversary our family was picked to be one of the 2 familes to be Grand marshalls to open the parade. We were in the first main street vehicle and every few feet we got to hear our family's name announced as the Grand Marshalls. (that is where I got my taste of wanting to be a Princess. I loved waving at all the people, especially the little kids but boy does your arm get tired :lol: ) As it was also Mother's Day I recieved a bouquet of flowers and all 6 of us were given Mouse Ears with our names embroidered on them. A certificate and 5x7 free photo were also received. I don't think we will ever experience something like that again. It was a once in a lifetime treat. I can't even describe the feeling. The only reason I didn't cry during the parade is because we needed to smile and wave at everyone. I cried  after it was finished though... Other great memories (again at WDW FL) were when we booked a Character Lunch for our anniversay and when we got to our table there was a heart on the table made with Mickey Ear Confetti. I ate around the confetti as long as I could. My fav. character  Tigger (well Tink is a fav. also) came by and threw up the confetti to celebrate and my hubby got a picture of me smiling as it was up in the air. The extra special treatment you get at WDW when having a brthday or anniversary just can't be beat. Oh I almost forgot the night we got to our Disney Hotel room (Pop Century) there was a signed anniversary card & balloons from Belle & Beast on our bed. Ok must stop now as I am starting to cry and my eyes will be swollen in the morning. Ahhhh I love Disney.

x-charlotte-x

Walking into the park and walking up Main Street.. I always seem to hold my breath for a moment and then it hits home that im there!  :D

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Nicholas-c

First time i went for first time in 2003 (13 at the time) i was hot and bothered because it was hot :P and walking past the hotels and though the village blew me away!

yet alone walking under the station and ... you know the rest >.>

cant wait for this year because last year my baby cousin was a few months old now she is 1 1/2 and will be happy :P
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone