First trip to Disneyland Paris

Started by Alicat, November 19, 2006, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alicat

Hi everyone i'm new here!
I found this website last night whilst looking for pictures of Disneyland Paris find out what its like  :)
Brilliant site, thank you so much!!

We suprised my daughter last week by telling her that in just over 4 weeks time we would be going to Disneyland Paris for the very first time. We have booked a 3 night break there to celebrate her 7th birthday. I just wanted to ask, what are the things we really must not miss? The special things that are going to make her dreams come true? I'm so so so excited and don't want to miss anything important! Also.... how is the shopping??? !!!!

Million thank you's  :D

Happy Wishes.... Ali

miss disney fan

you dont want to miss the parades, but get a good veiwing place like a corner so you only need to watch them once or twice and get there early, when you have seen all the parades you want that will be the best time to go on the rides well everyone is watching the other parades, go for lunch early or late but not between 11.30am and 1.30pm theres lots of hotdog stands and things to snack on when hunrgy, the main thing is just enjoy and dont rush otherwise you miss lots of other things happening, but you could use that as an excuss to return like i do, lol

moolie19

I hope you have alot of fun on your first trip.
I alway find the best place to watch the parade is by the outdoor stage, near the castle. If you get there early enough (i normally find half an hour or so) you can have a front row seat without having to sit on the pavement for an hour.
Shopping is fantastic you can get carried away and bring home all sorts. Make use of the shopping service if you are staying at a disney hotel. When you buy something you complete a short form and then all your shopping will be ready to collect from your hotel in the evening. ( you can buy so much more if you don't have to carry it!?!?!)
another good tip is if your daughter wants to dress as a princess while she is there you might want to save some money by buying  princess costume before you go. (most children wear them over there clothes to keep warm so you might want a slightly bigger size) You will always find plenty of them on ebay at a cheaper cost.

babybert

I would recomend sitting on the central plaza (the hub) for Fantillusion (night Parade) as you will see 3 show stops, one of each section which will be either mickey with tinkerbell, characters, 3 fairies, or butterfly from first section, then a villain either maleficent, jafar or ursula from section2, then a Princess either snow white, ariel, beauty and the beast, aladdin and jasmine, or minnie from section 3. But as people have said arrive earlish to get the best view! I hope you have a magical trip, lovely birthday present for your daughter she'll love it!

Alicat

Do they do a Fantillusion parade everday?

I've been looking around the pictures on this website and i can't believe how many lovely things there are - i didn't know about all the lovely resturants in the parks and things and the themed shops. Love the look of Cinderella resturant.

My sister is a BIG Tinkerbell fan and is looking to buy some collectables, my daughters is going on the biggest toy shopping spree ever! I just LOVE any kind of shopping so i'm looking forward to exploring!

Where are the best places to eat if we are looking for something special in the evenings?

Samninetysix

LOL!! - welcome to the forum :D - I would imagine anybody could give you a list as long as your arm with things to do, places to eat etc.....

Now then, places to eat.. the disney website has info on the different restaurants and styles of food. It really depends on what you like. My wife, daughter and myself try to mix it up a little, if you want a nice buffet style dinner where you can get character autographs and loads of photos, the I would recommend the Lucky Nugget Saloon in Frontierland..dont let the kids get up, the characters WILL come to every table and sign books and pose for photos (30€ adults/15€kids) excellent atmosphere.

The Auberge de Cendrillon (Cinderellas) is one of our all time favourites, excellent inside, buffet salad starter (all u can eat) main course of your choice, buffet dessert (all u can eat) - it really is lovely.

Evening dining is really controlled by what time the park is open till, what kind of food you want, do you want to dress up for dinner??. - Auberge de Cendrillon isn't open in the evenings. We have tended to eat at King Ludwigs Castle in the Disney Village or even one of the hotels (you can eat at any of the hotels restaurants)

There's tons of fast food places if u just need a hotdog/fries etc..

For a more complete guide try http://international.entertainment.disn ... ndex.xhtml

and when you go into the main park there's the town hall on the left at the beginning of Main Street USA - in there you can not only book restaurants but also see what they have on menu's (there's also an info bureau in the Disney Village just near the Rainforest Cafe) they will book tables for u also.

My only other main tip would be to study the park map from the main Disney Paris site, plan out what rides you want to go and, get through the gates and ignore everything......go straight to all the rides that you want to go on and get your fast pass tickets (should take about 30 mins) then you can relax and start from Main Street USA then enjoy the magic! :P

PS - there's loads of lovely Tinkerbell stuff all over the place, we saw some beautifull Tink xmas decorations in the shop in the Newport Bay Club - Tink in sparkling globes etc..

Anyway, hope this little bit of info helps

And again...Welcome to the Magic :)

Alicat

Thanks everyone ! I'm looking forward to it even more now!!! Only 3 weeks and 3 days to go!  :stitch_bounce:

Rhiannon (my daughter) has already said to me that we better book up for Halloween next year; she's not even seen the place yet!

Anyway, thank you x

p.s. Love the smilelies you have around here  :maleficent_bounce:

Alicat

Thanks everyone ! I'm looking forward to it even more now!!! Only 3 weeks and 3 days to go!  :stitch_bounce:

Rhiannon (my daughter) has already said to me that we better book up for Halloween next year; she's not even seen the place yet!

Anyway, thank you x

p.s. Love the smilelies you have around here  :maleficent_bounce:

Alicat

Sorr didn't mean to double post  :oops:

shell_ely

hi can any of you disney fans help me we have just returned from a great visit to disneyland and loved every min of it  most of all mickys winter wonderland we recored the show but lost the disc between leaving and home has anyone got a copy of this they could send me my kids are gutted it was there best bit thanks a lot guys my e mail is mailto:shell_ely@yahoo.com">shell_ely@yahoo.com
michelle

Samninetysix

I dont have it yet but we're going to DLRP for Christmas, i'd be happy to let you have a copy after we return

DisneyBud

For the time being you could always try youtube, it's in three parts though:

Here's the first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abghfxEQEy4

The second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz5kGKCiopY

The third:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te5P2lXVER8

All credit goes to destinything of course, not my work, just passing on the disney!!!! Hope you like, youtube's a goldmine for this sort of stuff lol

Masamune

:D I'm sure you'll have a fab time Alicat!

:P My tip is to definatly do the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast! :) We usually book it when we book our hotel, but I think you can book it at your actual hotel as well. :o Good Morning Fantasyland allows you to get into the park an hour before everyone else! You have breakfast in one of the restaurants in Fantasyland (someone tell me the name, I've forgot it!), and after that you can take full advantage of the lack of people by riding all the rides in Fantasyland without having to que up!

:) Then, if you have time before 9am, you can run around picking up Fast Passes, for things like the Buzz ride and Big Thunder Mountain! :P I don't know about your daughter, but I loved roller coasters as a kid, and I still do!

Shopping-wise, I find that DLRP can be a tad expensive... ;) but you'll never be short of Tinker Bell stuff to choose from, so your sister had better have a good look around before buying anything! :D Pretty much all of the shops sell different things, so you may wanna spend a few hours on one of your days just dedicated to looking around the shops in each Land!

Dlrpfan

dlrp.co.uk had the video on there website but due to a refit the videovault will be back soon (hopefully that is lol)
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012