The Old Mill - Les Pirouettes du Vieux Moulin

Started by peter, May 09, 2011, 05:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

Hi

I've never been to dlp when the ride was available, so when and why did they?
Thanks

Josh

From what I hear, there were massive queues, low capacity and... well... it was quite naff, to be honest. :)

I managed to find a video of it back when it was operating:

[youtube:23fysydy]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTESbmrKzZo[/youtube:23fysydy]
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

peter

Thanks for that

Vegitabeta

I have a photo of me on it when I was small, it was ok, but nothing special.

Reiana

It was a nice little ferris wheel. Sadly I only had the chance to go once, back in 1996 :(
I'd love to see it back in opreation.

Riebi

I remember well that queuing was the best. It was really really long. Must have been over 60 minutes or so. Than you had this little ride that was to slow for everything. It stopped toooo often during the ride to let other people boarding (a genereal ferris wheel problem, but cause the old mill was that small it was even harder). And it takes exactly one full rotation.

It was nice to watch it from the distance but the ride wasn´t what you would expect. The time onride was simply not long enough after 60 minutes of waiting time.

I would love to see it back, but I think I would never take a step on it, always thinking "No I don´t wanna wait 90 minutes".
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Alice@Wonderland

I think it would look lovely if they had the wheel turning, not even using it has a ride, but if it was moving round it would really spruce up that corner of fantastyland.

peter

Would this not be a good way to boost capacity? Because closed rides lower capacity of a park

CafeFantasia

I can't quite see the point in them refurbishing the windmill when the ride isn't actually used anymore. I mean, they're spending all this money to make it look nice again, but it's never actually operational. It's kind of like refurbishing the Orbitron, but never allowing people on the ride.

I know it sounds a bit dramatic, but they should either start using the ride again, or just get rid of it entirely.

"I remember well that queuing was the best. It was really really long. Must have been over 60 minutes or so. The time onride was simply not long enough after 60 minutes of waiting time."

Disney have obviously learnt from their mistakes since then. I mean, Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop doesn't suffer from the same problem, does it? :-)