The Avengers / Avengers Assemble (Marvel 2012)

Started by lil-shawn, April 29, 2011, 03:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

The Avengers will be the first Movie from Marvel distributed by Walt Disney Pictures.
So i thought that a thread about the movie news ect. fould be fine :-)

With writer/director Joss Whedon already announcing on a fansite that The Avengers was going into production this week, Marvel Studios has issued their own official announcement about the start of production. Included is the first photo from the set which shows the chairs reserved for Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), and the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). The announcement also briefly describes the plot of the movie without revealing anything whatsoever.

QuoteContinuing the epic big-screen adventures started in Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger, Marvel's The Avengers is the super hero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, director of the international peacekeeping agency known as S.H.I.E.L.D., finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster.

Anthony

Trailer!

[youtube:sylcr1fm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOrNdBpGMv8[/youtube:sylcr1fm]
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Strange it shows the Paramount logo and no sign of Disney, unless they plan to let the Marvel name stand on its own in the future anyway?

davewasbaloo

This looks sooooo awesome!
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

The trailer looks great, but didn't Disney buy out Paramount Pictures? The trailer still shows, like Anthony already mentioned, the Paramount logo.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

It looked decent, but didn't show us anything we didn't already know. I wanted more of a villains reveal than Loki who we knew was the big bad anyway. I have heard The Skrulls are also going to be against the Avengers which would be great.

Just wish they had the bottle to have Hulk as the nemesis to the Avengers like he is in the comics half the time, but of course they can't do that, won't sell as many Hulk Smash plastic fists.

Have to say that aside from Iron Man, the Marvel films haven't been overly impressive. I like them, but with so much incredible source material they fall somewhat short of their potential.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Anthony

Extended Super Bowl spot:
[youtube:274ag8or]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt-saFvkNk[/youtube:274ag8or]

"I have an army"

"We have a Hulk" ... :)

dagobert

According to the movie magazine Empire, the UK title was changed to "Avengers Assemble".

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=33259

JelleP

Another Trailer!
[youtube:5e2cpjpn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPoHPNeU9fc[/youtube:5e2cpjpn]

The title says 'Avengers Assemble'
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

|Q|

People, it rocks. Even better than the first Iron Man. And Joss Whedon managed to make it a *real* Avengers movie, and not Iron Man III.

Q

Jimmy Cricket

Fantastic movie and incredibly funny as well

Pete's Dragon

Well paced, well edited, well directed and for the most part well acted. The plot and action build nicely with the right amount of humour thrown in along the way (I laughed so hard in places that I cried).

And finally, after 3 movies. the Hulk Rocks !

Barring a few very, very minor gripes which aren't even worth mentioning, this was the most fun and entertaining experience I've had at the cinema for a long time.

9.5/10. Brilliant. I [strike:wd874z8x]want to[/strike:wd874z8x] must see it again.

=D>

dagobert

To all who have already seen it, is it possible to watch the movie without knowing the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies. I've only seen the first Iron Man, because I'm not a big fan of super hero movies, except for Nolan's Batman.

I wasn't sure if I want to see the Avengers, but the critics are all very good and now I might see it.

|Q|

Quote from: "Pete's Dragon"And finally, after 3 movies. the Hulk Rocks !
This.

Quote from: "dagobert"To all who have already seen it, is it possible to watch the movie without knowing the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies. I've only seen the first Iron Man, because I'm not a big fan of super hero movies, except for Nolan's Batman.

I wasn't sure if I want to see the Avengers, but the critics are all very good and now I might see it.
Yes. Most of what you need to know is that Loki is Thor's evil brother. And then they explain what the Tesseract is at the very beginning of the movie.

But you should see Captain America, it's a lot of fun (Thor is pretty good too, while Iron Man II and the various Hulk movies are pretty forgettable)

Q

Malin

QuoteTo all who have already seen it, is it possible to watch the movie without knowing the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America movies. I've only seen the first Iron Man, because I'm not a big fan of super hero movies, except for Nolan's Batman.

Providing you have some knowledge of the characters already its very easy to get into. I watched it last night without watching Thor or Iron Man 2 and had no issues in keeping up with the storyline. It was an excellent movie with plenty of action. And a good start to what will likely be several more Avengers Movies.

Monksbain

Thoughts on Avengers Assemble...

Personally I really enjoyed the film. I like how they got the idea of Black Widow being Russian in there; however, I dont know how some fans would have reacted to Black Widow not sounding Russian all the time. The Hulk was brilliant compared to previous movies. Iron Man, Hawkeye and Cptn. America were awesome. Loki was ace and more terrifying than in 'Thor.' Thor I felt could have been a stronger character in the movie and I feel there were parts of the movie espcially near the begginning that could have been edited out since they didnt add anything to the movie.