DL Marvel Attraction

Started by 999ghosts, April 21, 2011, 12:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

999ghosts

Could it be that the Imagineers are working on a Marvel attraction Idea. For those reading the D23 magazine, their might be some info coming your way. In an interview printed in the magazine they are talking about the imagineers working on some idea. Disney Imagineers / Marvel Imagineers

What do you think? Good idea to get some Marvel in the parks?

I love Marvel and would love to see Disney create a Marvel park. But I'm not sure if I would want to see a Marvel Super Hero attraction inside a Disneyland /Magic Kingdom gate. What about you?

For those getting the D23 magazine, make sure to let us know what the full interview is saying. I used to get the magazine myself but find the postage cost to get it to Europe a little to much (more then the membership) to get it.
The Magic - seen from different points of view... //http://blog.mousekingdom.com
Disneyland Resort Paris //http://www.DLP-Guide.com
Twitter //http://twitter.com/Mousekingdom

Josh

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I wouldn't like Marvel to be in any of the parks, to be honest. It's just a brand that I don't think would fit with Disney; it would just seem odd to me.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

dagobert

At first I was also against Marvel in Disney parks, but Star Wars and Indiana Jones aren't Disney as well. At first people were also against those additions, even against Pixar. Now we can't imagine a Disney park without them. And when I look at TSPL, it can only get better. I prefere Marvel in WDS than in DLP.

As soon as I will get the magazine I will post the important parts of the interview!!

lil-shawn

Sure Marvel is now part of Disney, and that Attraction based on the Comics will come to the Parks
one day was also sure, but like Dagobert said, if its not inside a Magic Kingdom Style Park than they
could bring it on. I mean, a big Marvel based Land in the Studios, like the Pixar themed Land is not that bad.
For me the Studios Park should focus more on Thrill seekers, not like Disneyland more on its own animation movies.

dagobert

I just received the new D23 magazine. There is an interview with Stan Lee, but nothing is said about Marvel attractions at Disney Parks.

The other article is called "What a Marvelous World" and it is about the history of Marvel and becoming part of TWDC.

That's the only phrase connected with Disney Parks:

"It's the biggest dream of all. We got to tap into this spectacular team thatis better than anyone else on the planet at bringing fantasy to life," Kevin (Feige) says, "not only on the big screen but in the real world. The notion of walking into a theme park and going into Asgard or the X-Mansion - Disney does this better than anyone. that's why I've gone to disney parks multiple times every year for my whole life. It's that next step in fully immersive storytelling, wheter it#s a dark ride, a stunt show, or a thrill ride. The options are endless when it comes to how Imagineers can turn our characters, our adventures, and our films into amazing experiences."

I think it is for sure that we will see attractions based on Marvel comics, but there is no specific information what kind off attraction will come to any Disney park around the globe.

davewasbaloo

There are rumours of a Stark Exhibit replacing Innoventions in Tomorrowland. Frankly, Disney hasn't tried to do tomorrow since the 80's, and if the choice is between a Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and a Marvel attraction, Marvel wins. I am ok with them in Tomorrowland (as ok as I am with Star Tours and Indy), but in Paris, it would be better in WDSP. Although if a 3D type show were to replace Capt Eo in the parks, I would be ok with that too!
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

And FWIW, the MK parks have never been about the animation, that is a very recent trend, only Fantasyland was. I would rather see Marvel than a Faeries type attraction. Disney used to do masculine stuff, not so much anymore.

dagobert

I read about the Stark Expo, but the Stark company is about weapons and military, I don't think that a family park like Disneyland would be the right place for it.
On the other hand Stak is about technology and would fit perfectly into Tomorrowland and I wouldn't miss Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. We didn't like that attraction at all at WDW.

An Iron Man 3D movie to replace Captain EO would be fantastic. If Disney plans to add Marvel based attractions to Tomorrowland or Discoveryland, they should use characters without super powers. Iron Man would be perfect, becuase he uses technology and doesn't have super powers. That's why I prefere Batman or Iron Man over Superman or Spiderman, because they are real humans without super powers.

davewasbaloo

To be fair Degobert, when Frontierland opened in 1955, it had a gun museum. The jungle cruise skippers shot at the hippos. And you use guns in Buzz Lightyear lazer blast. It is not without precident.

mehdi5

Quote from: "dagobert"I read about the Stark Expo, but the Stark company is about weapons and military, I don't think that a family park like Disneyland would be the right place for it.
On the other hand Stak is about technology and would fit perfectly into Tomorrowland and I wouldn't miss Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. We didn't like that attraction at all at WDW.

An Iron Man 3D movie to replace Captain EO would be fantastic. If Disney plans to add Marvel based attractions to Tomorrowland or Discoveryland, they should use characters without super powers. Iron Man would be perfect, becuase he uses technology and doesn't have super powers. That's why I prefere Batman or Iron Man over Superman or Spiderman, because they are real humans without super powers.
Actually the Stark Expo in the second movie is not so much about weapons and military, it was showcasing technology, it is basicly Marvel's version of the World's Fair so it would be an awesome reference to Walt Disney indirectly.

davewasbaloo

And the Sherman Bros, who wrote It's a Small World, Mary Poppins music, and most of the music from Epcot, also wrote the music in that part of the Iron Man 2 movie :)

Pete's Dragon

Don't know if anyone has ever been to the Marvel 4D Show they have at Madam Tussards but that was sweet! As well as being 3-D they also spray water at you, vibrate the seats, gusts of wind,and when Wolverine stabs the screen a piston nudges you through you seat's backrest.

I would gladly welcome anything even close to this in DLP

davewasbaloo

Indeed I have and love it. Please see the article I published last summer:

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID513230.asp

dagobert

Is that Marvel attraction still at Madame Tussauds? We plan to go to London this year.

davewasbaloo

Yes it is, it will be there for 3 or 4 more years I belive. Be sure if you are going to Madame Tussauds to get a combo ticket with the Eye, and if you are going at a busy time and get them in advance, you could save quite a bit of money. Let me know if you have an London questions.