Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert97

Disneyland Paris - Fans on Facebook posted these pictures.

CafeFantasia

I'm in two minds about these Glow with the Show Ears.

• On the one hand, the technology is really impressive and magical. The hats allow guests to feel like they're part of the show, that they ARE the show, rather than just watching it in the distance.

• But on the other hand, they're a distraction. How can you focus and concentrate on the show, when you have all of these lights blinking around you?

But, you know, Disneyland is (supposed to be) all about new technology and creating new experiences. So, I think it's the right thing to do, to bring these hats to Disneyland Paris. And I guess I'll just have to see them in person before I can truly say whether they're a distraction or not.

Robert97

http://dlrpwelcome.over-blog.com/ posted this picture of the finished projector camouflage.

Robert97

It seems Disney Dreams will be getting some new additions next April and some scenes being removed completely.

Text from www.radiodisneyclub.fr.

QuoteAt this point the show is proposed to 19:00 week, 22:00 on Saturdays and 21:00 on Sundays. The show reached a record level of satisfaction among visitors. With fans questions arise because the last show announced in the program of the park is at 18:15 and Disney Dreams is 22:00. It may be lacking just Disney Fantillusion , such as Walt Disney World in the Magic Kingdom Park with the show "Celebrate the Magic" , but budgets are not the same unfortunately (in my opinion of course). But that is not the subject of the article but rather new Disney Dreams which should arrive in April 2013 for 20 years ! Remember, this year's festivities continue next year!
Disney Dreams currently has 5 scenes that should not change, but some scenes animated films should be amended:
Scene 1: Introduction

Thinker Bell / Second Star to the Right
Peter Pan and Wendy
Scene 2: The shadow fun:

Beauty and the Beast
Ratatouille
Aladdin
Scene 3: Freedom to dream:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Mary Poppins (Deleted in 2013)
The Jungle Book (Deleted in 2013)
Rapunzel
Scene 4: The shadow fights:

Friends of Beyond
Captain Hook captures the shadow
Scene 5: Final

Peter Pan and Wendy
You Can Fly / Second Star
According to sources inside the park (rumor), there should be a scene of the "Lion King" in the show and possibly the movie "Rebel", these two scenes should replace "Mary Poppins" and "The Jungle Book ".

Josh

I wonder if they'll just adapt the animations from WDW's Celebrate the Magic show. I hope not.

Also, the new projector cover looks perfect. They've really hidden the door well, because I can't see any gaps where it might open. Now they just need to them the theming for the projector on the castle stage and the ones on top on of Casey's Corner and Gibson Girl.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

15MagicalYears

I'm not fussed about Step In Time going, but I'd have liked to have seen Jungle Book stay. That's a great scene.

ulak

Step in Time is little boring and not so unseemly. Lion King will be great!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Robert97

Quote from: "ulak"Step in Time is little boring and not so unseemly. Lion King will be great!

Lets hope they make use the fountains in the new scenes, as it would be even more of a loss with less fountains in Dreams.

DLRP Roundup!

Tonight dreams used different pyro/fireworks during the show. The crossing mortars only made a small appearance rather than the 2/3 they usually do. Secondly the finale was different, very different.

The part where the towers flip/flop upside down, the pyro lingered and was far too light to see the effect.

The spinning fireworks, didn't spin for more than 3 seconds.

Some fireworks also had large bangs, which was also new.

There was also about 3/4 techs standing outside the booth watching the show, along with the same people wandering the park today.

Edit: got some photos ill upload later. But defo different to the rest of the week.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

alternativerock123

Woah, not been on the forum for a while and find so many things changing in Dreams!

Firstly, I am nether happy nor sad about the Glow With the Show ears - the concept was nice for WOC, but it seems like we're copying. *Shrug* But I honestly will say if they do become a permanent thing - i would buy them.  :D

Secondly, I'm shocked that they're all ready changing scenes in Dreams. I thought they would keep it the same for as long as possible because of budget and what-not.
It will be a shame to see Mary Poppins and Jungle Book scenes go - but on the the other hand it would be nice to see new scenes.

I honestly think that (if they could) have Wreck-it Ralph instead. I know it's not out here (uk) yet but I think keeping "up to date" would be better. Yeah Brave is good enough but the scene in WDW that i've seen looks good.
But yeah if they pick the right music for Brave - it will be really pull on the heart strings and give that emotion the show has.

Good changes but every fast to change things in my opinion.  :?
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Robert97

Quote from: "Trekkie101"Tonight dreams used different pyro/fireworks during the show. The crossing mortars only made a small appearance rather than the 2/3 they usually do. Secondly the finale was different, very different.

The part where the towers flip/flop upside down, the pyro lingered and was far too light to see the effect.

The spinning fireworks, didn't spin for more than 3 seconds.

Some fireworks also had large bangs, which was also new.

There was also about 3/4 techs standing outside the booth watching the show, along with the same people wandering the park today.

Edit: got some photos ill upload later. But defo different to the rest of the week.

Can't wait to see.

RQCFilms

Do you guys know where I can find these footages:
[youtube:1081zzdn]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTEjWxRodCc[/youtube:1081zzdn]

I really wanna see the full version of this with alternate footage!
Remember to always dreaming in wonderful and magical Very Happy
- Ultimate Fan Disney Dreams!
- Ultimate Disney Fan

ulak

Really nice video and angles- extended clasic spot!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

xceemora

This is really great show, hope disneyland n California could do a show like this for there 60th anniversary n 2015.

Lorum

I think this year this is the right place to celebrate this.

"Happy Birthday, Walt, whatever you are"
"If you can dream it, you can do it"