Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

Quote from: "Meph"you can't really see the water from the stage. I suppose the fountain effect would need to be very high.
The water mist screens in Fantasmic reach around 30-40ft high!

peter

And actually, the only water area big enough for WoC or fantasmic is lake Disney, so a new area would have to be built. Thats why I think these are just for part of a show

coruscantpt

I think WoC is very big for the moat but a show like Fantasmic! is actually nice and can fit the moat around the castle. That would be very nice since they can also project images on the castle not needing the mist screens. Just the fountains and the stage.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Riebi

I wouldn´t think that BIG. Maybe they test it in this calm area and make the show in front of the castle. And maybe we only see one effect of another central plaza stage show or maybe (we can pray for it) we see a totally new disney show which mix diffrent effects to something totally new like a mix of some effects of WoC, fantasmic and - don´t forget disney´s newest projection shows - "Disney's The Magic Memories and You!" at Disneyland and MK/WDW.

[youtube:zh7fdxod]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDZzki52WWY[/youtube:zh7fdxod]

[youtube:zh7fdxod]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U57IbVQ1pE[/youtube:zh7fdxod]
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

CafeFantasia

Wouldn't a fountain show right up by the castle cause problem with its paintwork? If they had really tall fountains shooting up by the castle every night, surely the castle would get soaked!

ed-uk

I agree, I was worried about a fountain show and the castle getting soaked, it would ruin all the nice new paint work. Then I thought of the rain.
Ed & David

Kristof

Tokyo Disneyland had the Cool the Heat show that featured huge fountains and water cannons launching in front and from their Castle.

See the craziness:

[youtube:2ga18ed6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fErgM5T0npo[/youtube:2ga18ed6]

Via chow80715 on Youtube

ulak

Quote from: "Alan"Wouldn't a fountain show right up by the castle cause problem with its paintwork? If they had really tall fountains shooting up by the castle every night, surely the castle would get soaked!
New color for the castle maybe count with it  - new colours for castle looks like the water leak from the ground to the walls. ;)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

15MagicalYears

If the castle was going to be ruined by a little water from a fountain wouldn't it get ruined by heavy rainfall? I'm sure it wouldn't affect it too much.

littlemermaid83

I won't get excited until something is confirmed. Because as someone else said things have a tendency to change at DLP and things we think are going to be big never end up happening. *sigh*
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Scissorsboi

A little off topic, but firstly I hadn't seen the beautiful Magic, The Memories and You on iasw, that is much more magical than the one at WDW, looks really professional and if you were passing, like something magical is happening to the building.

I've also liked Cool the Heat since it started, it'd never fit Paris due to the weather, but the energy the audience gets and the sheer comedy value of the massive geysers is just something which has always amazed me.

I'd love for these fountains to be intergrated into a show of some form, a water version of what HKDL is doing for their 5th Anniversary would be very pretty and magical. I'll make sure I keep an eye on developments!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

peter

Thing is, those fountains are all either from the castle or from the stage IN FRONT of the stage. Also if this did damage the castle, there would be something wrong

montaguewarner

I would go for simple fountains to make the area more peaceful and interesting for walkers by, I think its one of those plussing features, I wouldnt count an attraction itself!  :) I like it though!
Past Visits
DLP - JUN 2005 - Val D\'Europe
DL - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
DLP - AUG 2009 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUL 2010 - Val D\'Europe
DLP - JUN 2011 - Val D\'Europe

dagobert

According to Mrs. Pot from Micechat.com, the fountains have already been removed.

Josh

Oh. But if they're not going to use them yet, then that does make sense. We'll probably see them back again later in the year.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]