Nov 5th - 8th

Started by Martyng, November 09, 2006, 12:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyng

Hi all,

Just got back from my trip to Disney. It was fantastic. We saw the firework spectacular on the 6th and that was superb. The best fireworks ive ever seen.

We were staying in the Sequoia Lodge and watched it from the balcony on the lobby. Although there was a few trees in the way i think we had a far better view then if we had been sitting by the lake. We even had pluto with us and only a handfull of guests were out there with us.

I will hopfully be writing a full trip report later in the week (if i get time) as i'm back at work now and dont get much time.

Martyng

Ok here goes.....

Sorry in advance for any spelling/grammer mistakes!

DAY 1

all aboard the eurostar at 10.30 no problems so far apart from a disney rep telling us the travel agent had not booked Disney express so we will need to carry our suit cases to the hotel (no big deal but a bit of a pain!) other then that the journey went well with delays.

Straight to the hotel and dropped of our bags an then we went to the disney park. our first day we didnt go on many rides our first was potc, my son loves this ride an even at 4 can tell me what part of the ride is coming up and as always gives me a running comentary! after this we grab some hot dogs and have a wonder around the park, play hide and seek in alices maze and do the peterpan ride. not the most action packed day but we were all a bit tired and the park was very busy.

We then went to planet Hollywood, somewere i always have to go just for there buffalo wings! the meal was lovley and like always we struggle to finish the meals as they are so big.

Day 2
We wake up at 9 and rush to get dressed (we need to be down for breakfast at 8!). breakfast is nice as always and the waitress didnt mind at all that we was late. after breakfast we had a look round the shops in the village then head to the disney park and today the park is nearly empty!!! As usual my son wants to go straight onto the potc ride so we head straight there and manage to go round twice without having to get off. My girlfriend and her sister decide to go on the Indiana Jones ride so we split up for a while (due to my boys height he cannot go on any roller coasters and gets upset!) so we go to the little play area near the pirate boat and wait there till they finishe there ride. we all then head to fantasy land to do all the dark rides as we all love these.

After doing every ride in fantasy land we head to the buzz light year ride as we have never been on this and yesterday there was a 30 min wait. Today we only need to wait 5 mins so went straight on it, i must say this ride i very good and i managed the highest score of over 100,000 (although we did stop twice while we were in there so managed to build my points up then. He he! my girlfriend then takes our son onto orbitron while me and her sister go on space mountain. through out the day we manage to go on every ride in the park accept the little cars, and the two rides right in the corner of fantasyland. I never rember there names but i think this is due to them alway being closed when we go. We have lunch at cowboy cookout which is nice and also see the villians parade. I think this must have been a short version as a lot of floats ive seen in other peoples pictures were missing but still thought it was very good.

At the end of the day we head to  New York Style Sandwiches grab somw dinner and take it back to the hotel so we can watch the fireworks. Living at a seaside resort i'm quite used to seeing firewirks as we have them evry weekend in the summer so wasnt really loooking forward to anymore but when the show started ive got to say this was the best show i have ever seen. It was all done to music and as well as fireworks there was a huge bonfire water fountains and lots of light effects. I hope they do this next year as i will definatly go to this again. as i said in my last message we watched this from the balcony in the hotel with only a few other guests and pluto. it was really noce t spend time with a character that wasnt surrounded by millions of kids and him and my son were even playing chase.

Ok sorry to rush off but busy at work (as always). Will try and finish off over the weekend. Sorry if this seems rushed but dont get much time to do this which is a shame as i love your website and wish i could contribute more!

Anthony

Great report so far, really appreciate you posting. :wink:

The view you got of the Bonfire sounds great, I never thought of going to one of the hotels.

Funny to think we were there at the same time - was Day 2 the 5th November? I didn't really notice any changes to the final Disney Villain Parade, but the cast didn't seem as thrilled as I thought they'd be. With the final Cavalcade, I think guest flow were much happier than the parade cast... :lol:

Martyng

day one was the 5th. We didnt see the parade on that day as we were two tired. I did notice the cars ride was open on that day but because it was to busy we thought we would leave it till the day after to go one it. Does anyone one know what the ride is called?

Martyng

btw, can anyone see my picture? i only see an x so assume ive set it up wrong!

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyng"day one was the 5th. We didnt see the parade on that day as we were two tired. I did notice the cars ride was open on that day but because it was to busy we thought we would leave it till the day after to go one it. Does anyone one know what the ride is called?
I think that must be Autopia. It closed on Monday but will reopen on December 22nd. Usually it stays shut from September through to April, so they're being quite good this year.

The parade on the 6th November was The Christmas Parade starting early, so that's probably why it seemed different. :)

Quote from: "Martyng"btw, can anyone see my picture? i only see an x so assume ive set it up wrong!
Nope, nothing here. :(

Martyng

are you sure? as far as i remember i saw the villians parade on the 6th (which i thought was the halloween parade) i missed the parade on the 7th and on the 8th i saw the Christmas parade

Anthony

Yep, positive! Monday 6th was the Christmas Parade for sure, the last day of Halloween was the 5th (when it was really foggy all day).

Dlrpfan

thx for the report! great to see you had a cool time :D
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

Great report so far :D

Martyng

Quote from: "Baloo"Yep, positive! Monday 6th was the Christmas Parade for sure, the last day of Halloween was the 5th (when it was really foggy all day).

Oh right. i thought the 8th was the first day of the christmas parade but i know we missed the parade the day before.

I was pretty sure we saw the hallaween parade on our 2nd day but must be wrong. my memory must be really bad! The first day seemed to go so fast i dont remember staying out for the parade.

How do i put my pics on here i have a few nice ones that i can post.

Patrick

Nice report and you post photos by uploading them to some form of internet webspace such as say photobucket http://photobucket.com/ etc, and then you get the address for the photo and type the address inside image brackets as shown with an example hope that's helpful at all :) .

Martyng

Sorry i haven't finished my report but been so busy at work and helping out at my kids school.

I have managed to put my photos online so can share them with you.

Not sure if i have done this right but hopefully if you click on the link below you should be able to see.

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/guiverm/

Enjoy!

The Butlin Boy

Nice pics, thanks for sharing them :)

Soap

Great picca's!!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney