Tron: Uprising (Disney XD Series)

Started by Pete's Dragon, March 03, 2011, 09:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

[youtube:zlrzryxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcItXSnngA&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:zlrzryxc]

QuoteBeck, a young program who becomes the unlikely leader of a revolution inside the computer world of The Grid. His mission is to free his home and friends from the reign of the villainous Clu 2 and his henchman General Tesler. Beck will be trained by Tron – the greatest warrior the Grid has ever known. Tron will not only teach Beck the fighting skills he needs to challenge this brutal military occupation, but will be a guide and mentor to him as he grows beyond his youthful, impulsive nature into a courageous, powerful leader. Destined to become the new protector of the system, Beck adopts Tron's persona and becomes the archenemy of Tesler and his oppressive forces.

dagobert

That looks interesting. I just hope Disney will not mess it up, because Tron: Legacy was really a great movie. Maybe it would have been better to produce such a series before the movie so that the anticipation of the movie would have been higher.

davewasbaloo

This looks awesome. Shame we have to wait about 15 months.
since 2001 (many before that)

penfold12

It looks great, however im surprised. While I like the semi Manga style, I had envisioned that it would be more CGI looking, similar to the Clone Wars series....

davewasbaloo

I love the fact it is not. It has its own style, and that is cool

penfold12

15 months? so not till Summer 2012?

davewasbaloo

Yeppers. The same time as Star Wars 3D goes to the cinema.

penfold12

hmmm, not something that stokes my fire to be honest..... Ive never been totally sold on 3D anyway. Always found wearing the glasses a big issue (Imax ones aside that are quality and cover your complete vision field). Always found the "dulling" of the screen due to the grey lenses a let down, and over all have only been blown away a couple of times by the 3D aspect to out weigh these personal dislikes.

More importantly, all I read is that conversions, rather than films filmed in 3D are not of high quality. With this being the general opinion toward conversions Im saddened that George Lucas is actually moving forward with the Star Wars Conversion. It really is purely for the money it appears. That said, considering how James Cameron does nothing but put down 3D conversions and say they shouldn't happen, isn't he doing the same with Titanic?

Last thing, (ive started so I will finish!!!) although I have already ordered my Blu Ray versions of the Star Wars series the excitement is a little under whelming when ITV put the Star Wars films on most weekends in HD. So the Awe of seeing it in HD for the first time is already gone!

Anyway back to Tron, any more rumblings either way regarding a possible Tron 3, or will it be wait to see how the Blu Ray?DVD perform?

Pete's Dragon

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Yeppers. The same time as Star Wars 3D goes to the cinema.

Star Wars 3D - episode 1 : February 10, 2012 :-)