Mickey’s Princesses & Pirates Party (Cancelled)

Started by JelleP, February 28, 2011, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicoledlrp

just booked the tickets for the second party. we have never been to an after hours event before and wonder if anyone could tell me which restaurants, if any,  would probably be open and till what time. thanks

disneymad93

Me and my friend have just got our tickets for the last party (24th June). I agree that it does seem to be aged at kids but we are both big kids at heart   :ears:  I think we are looking forward to meeting all the characters since hopefully it won't be as busy as during the daytime hopefully   [-o<
October 1997 - DLP (Very first Holiday!) Stayed off-site
May 2001 - WDW, 1 week, Stayed off-site
April 2004 - DLP Sequoia Lodge
February 2006 - WDW, 1 week, Stayed off-site
February 2008 - WDW, 2 weeks, All Star Music
June 2011 - DLP, 4 days, Santa Fe

Kristof

Sad news for all planning to go to the party... All 4 Mickey's Princesses & Pirates Parties have been CANCELLED.  

An official statement will be send soon to everyone who bought tickets .

ulak

Quote from: "Kristof"Sad news for all planning to go to the party... All 4 Mickey's Princesses & Pirates Parties have been CANCELLED.  

An official statement will be send soon to everyone who bought tickets .
why?  :shock:  And stupid show stops are still in?  :? It is really bad "Magical Moments Year"... :(
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

ford prefect

:( really disappointed, still never mind.  I suspect a combination of money issues and poor bookings.  Although bookings would have been better had they promoted it more.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

dagobert

I really feel sorry for all the people who wanted to go there, but I'm not surprised that it got cancelled. I can imagine that the ticket sale was very poor. Where was the party advertised? Was it even advertised? Did anyone see a promotion for that party? It's always the same with DLRP, no advertising, no people. It seems the public relations department will never learn it.

The next thing is, that nearly everyone tries to get informations about an event, especially when an extra ticket has to be bought. People search for infos in the internet and then they will find some about the Pirates and Princess Party at WDW. They will compare the offers and realize that the Paris' party isn't worth the money.
I have attended the party at WDW and it was amazing. Like I have said before, the whole MK was open, not only two lands, nearly every shop and restaurant was open and they did a treasure hunt for children, offered limited edition pins and sold special Pirates and Princess Mickey Ears. There was a special parade and the best Disney fireworks we have ever seen. The party started at 7pm and ended at 1am and we payed the same prize like in Paris.

I hope that people who bought tickets will get a special offer, like a free meal, because of the cancellation, but when it comes to Paris I doubt that.

ed-uk

I think they can get their money back with return of tickets because the event has been cancelled. I doubt they will get a free meal.
Ed & David

thebritishfrog

The official statement:
"Mickey's princesses & pirate parties planned for June 1, 10, 17 and 24 are being cancelled due to a delay in the refurbishments in certain lands of the park.
Guest should call 08448008111 for a ticket refund"

Sorry guys.
:-(
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

thebritishfrog

Update: if you have booked the pirate & princess party you should receive an invite to a meet and greet with the princesses which will take place in hurricanes! (not quite the same but it's something).
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

peter

Offering more than just a refund?!! When was the last time dlp did this?

littlemermaid83

Have you seen people on the DISboards getting really irate lol? Ok yes it was cancelled but even with DLP offering a refund and a meet and greet (for free) in Hurricanes is still not enough for some people.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

nicoledlrp

i suppose that a free drink and a queue to meet the princesses doesnt really amount to much if you have specifically booked a holiday for the original event and promised your child a magical after hours party.

Sal

I just read the bad news that they cancelled Mickey's Prinsesses & Pirates Party. I'm SO disappointed! We planned our hole trip around this event. I haven't told my kids yet - they were really looking forward to this event.

Quote from: "nicoledlrp"i suppose that a free drink and a queue to meet the princesses doesnt really amount to much if you have specifically booked a holiday for the original event and promised your child a magical after hours party.

Nicoledlrp: I agree 100%!
Sal
September 2010 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
June 2011 DLP Hotel New York
July 2012 DLP Hotel Newport Bay Club
September 2013 Hotel New York

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "nicoledlrp"i suppose that a free drink and a queue to meet the princesses doesnt really amount to much if you have specifically booked a holiday for the original event and promised your child a magical after hours party.

Maybe not but at least they are offering something.  They didn't have to do anything.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

nicoledlrp

woopiedoo for disney !!! the lady i spoke to on the telephone informed me that the princess and pirate meet and greet is a free for all regardless of whether you had already booked tickets or not so not really any sort of compensation. maybe they will push the boat out and give us all extra large soft drinks - i suppose that it would be too much to hope for a souvenir plastic cup. and by they way i think that disney owes it to the kids to do something, for them the magic is real, not an event subject to cancellation.