Mickey’s Princesses & Pirates Party (Cancelled)

Started by JelleP, February 28, 2011, 07:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelleP

Disney and More released a great article about the "Mickey's Princesses & Pirates Party".

Last week, in my previous DLP update, i let you know about the upcoming Peter Pan show in Adventureland as well as the new Princess meet and greet in Fantasyland. Well, in addition to these, Disneyland Paris will launch in June a new kind of party, the "Mickey's Princesses & Pirates Party".

These Mickey's Princesses & Pirates Party will happen on June 1, 10, 17 and 24th between 8pm and 11pm. Just like the big Halloween party these new Princesses & Pirates Party will be special evenings (if i can say, considering that sunset in June is not before 10.30pm) and will begin after the park closed for normal guests who don't have special tickets for the party. Ticket price will be 25€ per guest, free for children under 3.

The title - Mickey's Princesses & Pirates Party - is a tribute to WDW "Disney's Pirates & Princesses Party" event, although it won't be comparable. In an answer to guests requests DLP has decided to create an event more adapted to young children who will be able to meet their favorite Disney characters as well as Jack Sparrow in an intimate and family evening. The party program has been thought for young kids with no attractions which have a height limit to make sure all children will have a magical evening.

In Adventureland, children will have fun with Captain Hook, Monsieur Mouche, Peter Pan, Wendy and the pirates during 20 minutes sessions and will also meet Jack Sparrow near Pirates of Caribbean. In Fantasyland, the "Royal Academy" will teach them all that a young children needs to know to behave in a royal manner, and kids will receive a "royal diploma". The evening will end with a surprise private parade with five floats of the afternoon parade and all the beloved characters.

All along the evening Disney characters will also meet the guests in Aventureland and Fantasyland, and this include: Minnie (Princesse Costume), Dingo (Pirate), Donald (Costume Pirate Costume), Aurora & Prince Philip, Ariel & Prince Eric, Belle, Pocahontas & John Smith, Tiana & Prince Naveen, Raiponce & Flynnd, Snow White and her Prince, Alice & the White Rabitt, Mary Poppins & Bert, Mulan, and Tinkerbell. Each children will also receive a special book that he will have to fill with special stickers and characters autographs all along the evening.

Here are the ride which will stay open during these party, until 11pm: Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan's Flight, It's a Small World, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, Dumbo the flying elephant, Les Voyages de Pinocchio, Snow White, Le Carrousel de Lancelot.
If you're planning to visit the park in June with young children these new Mickey's Princesses & Pirates Party might be fun for them!

Pictures: copyright Disney
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Aveen2008

Thanks for posting this,

I honestly don't know what to feel about the article because the way it's described sounds like it excludes Adult disney fans or anyone who doesn't have children. It makes it sound like everything in disneyland isn't child friendly so they have to go out of their way to do this "esp for children" type thing? Am I not mistaken that the reason "mickey's not so scary halloween parties" were introduced was to make halloween parties that were more child friendly? Don't get me wrong, I do think this will be a nice addition to the summer season and its nice that its kid friendly of course... but I don't like how adults are excluded in the way the article advertises the event..even though i know it doesnt stop adults going to the evenings if they want.

As someone who has been a disney fan for their whole life but never got to go as a child, I just feel I have as much right to enjoy Disney as children and children have as much right as me.

I know parents are probably gonna kill me for saying that lol !
Luv Aveen xoxo

dagobert

We have been to Disney's Pirates and Princess Party at the Magic Kingdom at WDW and it was an amazing evening. The whole park with all attractions and not just two lands was open.
That evening was the highlight of our two weeks at WDW, but the tickets were about $70 per person. The CMs were dressed and acted as pirates, the parade was altered to match the pirates and princess theme and the fireworks was just amazing. It looked like Disney wanted to blow up the castle. You will never see such a firework in Paris.

I don't know what to think about this party in Paris, since it is aimed towards children, like the whole resort at the moment. I'm pretty sure it's just a cheap copy of the Florida version.

Scissorsboi

I'm sure the party will be good, I enjoyed the Paris version of MNSSHP. However I think if they really want to draw crowds in, then they need a crowd pleaser, and the obvious thing to me which is missing from the parties is an instant crowd favourite. Fireworks.

I don't get this, I know they're expensive to run, but imagine, with a theme like Princesses and Pirates, then you could have a battle to conquer the skies between Aurora's Good Faries, and Jack Sparrow. Instant storyline, and instant reason for me to book this hard ticketed event!

Oh well, I guess a 5 float version of the parade will please people who don't expect more for an event they pay more for. Much like evening Extra Magic Hours, I really want these parties to take off, they add to the 'Disney magical' experience beyond belief, but currently they just don't offer enough for make them something to travel for!

I'll anxiously await reviews, from what I remember MNSSHP has gone from strength to strength over the years it has run for, so hopefully this will do the same!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

davewasbaloo

I just wish they would extend the hours and entertainment for all until 11, you know, like when the park opened, or WDW in June, or like Disneyland almost throughout the year. £88 for 3 hours for a family of 4, in only two lands, is just poor IMHO. Not cool.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I just wish they would extend the hours and entertainment for all until 11, you know, like when the park opened, or WDW in June, or like Disneyland almost throughout the year. £88 for 3 hours for a family of 4, in only two lands, is just poor IMHO. Not cool.

At WDW the park was open until 1am and guests could ride every attraction and many restaurants stayed open as well. I made a mistake in my previous post, the tickets were $36 per person and not $70. I just found the bill.

Now I realized what a bad deal it is at DLRP. There you pay €25 per person for 8 attractions and character meet and greets, while at WDW the whole MK was open until 1am and not until 11pm.

At WDW every guest got a small bag to collect "treasures" at certain places around the park. You can magine that was very popular by kids. They had special offers for taking pictures with Captain Jack Sparrow and of course we got one, too. Disney also handed out special treasure park maps and released limited edition pins for the Pirates and Princess Party. That evening was definately worth the money. Even the CMs had a lot of fun.

loladelorean

I like the basic idea of an extra event, as a fun thing for families to do and also as a way for DLP to make money without relying on tacky merchandise.
However, I agree that fireworks or more rides being open would provide more of a draw to the events. Notice I said "for families" above - I'll be at DLP on 17th June with 2 friends (we are all in our early 20s) but I won't be going to this event, because its very clearly marketed for children.
It does seem as though Disney are responding to feedback though, and I think that the families who go will have a lovely time. They're maybe just missing a trick by giving it such narrow appeal.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

ford prefect

I have tickets for the first Princess and Pirate Party, am looking forward to it very much, will post a report afterwards.  In the meantime I shall reserve judgement!
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

littlemermaid83

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Now please bring Tinkerbell out for normal meet and greets aswell please.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

Now that I have thought even more about this, what annoys me greatly is that this is mainly a kiddy party too, but at 8-11. How many kids stay up that late? another annoyance.

Yes, if the whole park was open and they had fireworks, maybe it'd be ok, but it just feels like more milking going on. Like I say, these are the hours and entertainments the other parks around the globe get normally, and yet we have to pay extra. Madness. If they raised every ticket by a couple of Euros and the AP's by 10-20% and offered this sort of stuff all the time, I would be much happier.

dagobert

After experiencing Disney's Pirates and Princess Party at WDW, I don't get excited about that kiidy party at all, especially not for nearly the same price we had to pay in Florida with a fraction of offers.

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"If they raised every ticket by a couple of Euros and the AP's by 10-20% and offered this sort of stuff all the time, I would be much happier.

Many will hate me for that, but I think the tickets at DLRP are too cheap compared to other Disney resorts. But in terms of quality maybe the price is okay. The Austrian DLP site says 54 Euros for an adult ticket with Park Hopper Option. At WDW a single park ticket is $82 (=60 Euros). In my opinion a raise in ticket prices should be considered by the management in the future. I think it would be better to lower food prices and raise ticket prices.

davewasbaloo

agreed, but only as long as we get the same level of entertainment, good maintenance and decent park hours (without the staggered opening and closing hours of attractions).

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"agreed, but only as long as we get the same level of entertainment, good maintenance and decent park hours (without the staggered opening and closing hours of attractions).

Of course the quality has to improve as well. The staggered opening and closing hours of attractions shouldn't happen at the moment either. That's one of the most annoying things happening at DLRP.

davewasbaloo

Or if they are going to have the audacity to do it, at least let people know before the walk over to the attraction, or save it for later. With little legs this is particularly an issue.

Heck even Walt Disney once famously told off park management when everything was not opened.

DisneyAlba

Quote from: "Aveen2008"...the way it's described sounds like it excludes Adult disney fans or anyone who doesn't have children...
...I don't like how adults are excluded in the way the article advertises the event...

Here here! The orientation on children alone, instead of *everyone*, pisses me off. :(
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.