Auberge de Cendrillon 8/2/2011 :)

Started by MummytoaPrincess, February 11, 2011, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdw

hi every1,

apart from the food what does the princess meal include? how many princes and princesses do you meet? do they come to your table, is there an opportunity for the children to dance with them? how long are you allowed to stay?? if I had half board plus vouchers for 4 adults a 6 yr old and 3 yr old how much would i have to pay???

love you pics btw,

michelle

Bubbles

We had the princess meal at the Auberge a couple of weeks ago (oh it's nearly 3 weeks now!  :cry: ) we really enjoyed it, but I was also a little disappointed!
There was no professional photo with cinderella, bonus I guess as it didn't then cost us any extra!  I thought the food was really lovely, but my children didn't really eat much at all, not even the plate of yummy desserts!
We had only just sat down when Belle came over to the table, she was beautiful  :)   my eldest was in her Belle dress so that was really nice!  Next along came Cinderella who had really long cuddles with them, and then came Aurora and Prince Phillip, my youngest was dressed as Aurora and the princess was so attentive towards our girls, whilst prince Phillip was signing their books princess Aurora took my youngest by the hands and did a little dance with her on the dance floor which was so lovely!  A while later Suzy and Perla came over  :)
Once they had been to your table they didn't come back, just waved or smiled as they walked past.  I think I expected to maybe see a couple more princesses, but think it's pot luck who's there when you are!
The girls were both given a pack of disney cards, which you put together to form pictures (similar to a puzzle I guess), they ended up with 3 packs of these each during our stay  :lol:

MummytoaPrincess

Sounds like your girls really enjoyed it Bubbles.

I think the problem with a meal experience like this is you are never going to manage to please all of the people all of the time. I loved it, others clearly didn't.

Michelle, assume you have probably been by now. If not let me know and I will try and answer your questions

Dec 2014 Hotel New York 6 days/5 nights
Jan 2012 Bitterly cold day trip!
Feb 2011 Santa Fe 3 days/2 nights
Dec 2009 Santa Fe 4 days/3 nights
Jan 2009 Santa Fe 5 days/4 nights
NY 2001/2002 Disneyland California and California Adventure  4days/3nights

bethella

We ate here on friday last week, me and my two girls age 11 and 5.  The experience and amount of princesses we saw was brilliant but the food wasnt very nice, The kids starters and my starters were not nice at all and we are not fussy eaters, the mains were slightly better but only really ate the meat as the food with the meat wasnt nice at all, we were not even sure what we were being served!  So we paid for a very expensive dessert as that was lovely so its almost the only thing we all ate! I got a coffee at the end that was the highlight of my meal as most coffee in disney is awful but this was nice :)  
 As we were there alot of people were finishing meals and leaving around us, they were all pretty much the same as us not eating as the waiter was throwing away almost all their foods too, so it wasnt just us.
My hubby and son are very fussy eaters hence why they ate at cowboy cookout bbq instead.  
Im not even sure what our starters were but they were awful, especially the mousse/cream pot i had was revolting! it tasted like sweat!!  The experience was good and my girls got to see cinderella, snow white, ariel and the two mice, only snow white had a prince with her, they stopped by the table once each to take photos and talk to us a bit then every other time they came out they just smiled as they walked past.  But now i know you can see the princesses in the new princess pavillion i doubt i would pay so much to go here again, the only reason i went was for my daughter to see cinderella.
There needs to be more choice of food, especially for the kids and a better menu explaining what we are actually eating/ordering, and i felt very rushed by the waiter to choose what we were eating.  The princesses came by the table a couple of times and i took photos of my girls with them, and they got a pack of cards each (which we ended up with several by the end of the holiday), we got a big bottle of water to share between the 3 of us, i got a coke with my meal included too, and the girls got a drink each included too.
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

davewasbaloo

Interesting. It has been about 18 months since my last meal there, but I feel like it is one of the better dining options. They have dumbed down so many of the menues over the years, for a special meal there are only 4 restaurants left in the resort with quality dining, this being one of them.
since 2001 (many before that)

mdw

No we haven't been yet

Michelle

MummytoaPrincess

Woohoo we have booked a last minute cheapy deal thanks to the 3 magical months or whatever it is called. Can't wait to go back to Auberge de Cendrillon - enjoyed it so much last time :) My daughter seems to think we will be eating there every day of our stay - she may just be disappointed!

Going for 4 nights/5 days this time so planning to try some places we haven't eaten before including Walts and Cafe Mickey. Going to book half board plus before we go and just pay the extra for the princess meal :)

littlemermaid83

If anyone is going soon can they see if the menu has changed recently. Please and Thankyou.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

MummytoaPrincess

Only ended up going for a day this time, so didn't get to go to AdeC :( However I am got my free tickets as a Sky customer today :) I have booked to go for my birthday for the day, and going to do lunch at AdeC then - it is my birthday after all!!!