Auberge de Cendrillon 8/2/2011 :)

Started by MummytoaPrincess, February 11, 2011, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

I think the Auberge would be worth the money if they offered more choice. Burger wouldn't go amiss lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "tubbsy"to be honest the food at Walts wins hands down over anything at L'Auberge as well as the service, but it is worth doing if you have that special occasion to celebrate (like my daugters 16th) Otherwise I would eat at Walts every time :) I do wonder how expensive Walts would be if it had character interaction-but I hope it never does .
It was wonderful to see my grown up daughter turn into a shy little girl when the princesses came over to her though :)

I so disagree. The food at Walt's has really gone down hil over the last 19 years and I haven't had any outstanding service there for at least 10. We now mainly go for the ambience and the lesser evil option.

Whereas last time at Auberge, the service was outstanding and the food was really good.

And FWIW, before Cafe Mickey's opened, they used to do a wonderful character breakfast at Walt's. Best one on resort. Shame it stopped (not that I would want it to be characters all the time, but for breakfast, it was lovely.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I think the Auberge would be worth the money if they offered more choice. Burger wouldn't go amiss lol.

then dine somewhere else. Disney have already ruined enough good restaurants over the years. Some would say by addint the characters, they already ruined this one.

dagobert

Auberge De Cendrillon was a wonderful restaurant with very good food until they ruined it with adding the characters. Wasn't the restaurant during 90ies awarded a Michelin Star? There we had one of our best meals ever at Disney.

Walt's was also a nice restaurant, but the service went downhill as did the quality of the food. Uncooked vegetables with dirt in the salad is not what I expect from such a restaurant. Of course we complained and then the waiter didn't talk t us in English anymore, instead he ignored us and when he spoke to us he talked in French. At least a very friendly Spanish waitress helped us.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I think the Auberge would be worth the money if they offered more choice. Burger wouldn't go amiss lol.

then dine somewhere else. Disney have already ruined enough good restaurants over the years. Some would say by addint the characters, they already ruined this one.

No need to be so rude.

We like dining here, its just we don't like the starters. I was just suggesting they could offer more choice of foods.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"

No need to be so rude.

We like dining here, its just we don't like the starters. I was just suggesting they could offer more choice of foods.

sorry, I am just offended at the idea of burgers further degrading a restaurant that was already ruined.

Dagobert was right, in the early years the chefs at California Grill, the Steakhouse, Manhetten Grill, Yacht Club, Walt's, Auberge, and the Blue Lagoon all had a Michelin star making EDL the best quality restaurant chain in France. Those days are long gone. Also, most of the opening crew at Silver Spur, while not having a Michelin star, all the leads and chefs had worked in Michelin Star restaurants.

davewasbaloo

Next time you could ask for the "English menu" - pasta.

dagobert

They could have at least keep one Michelin Star awarded chef. Even WDW has a high quality restaurant, the Victoria & Alberts, and France is known for its cuisine!

davewasbaloo

I am not sure, but I think California Grill in Paris still has theirs?

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Next time you could ask for the "English menu" - pasta.

I'm quite happy with my Lamb thanks. And I was only suggesting burgers as a joke.

davewasbaloo

OOOpps, sorry. I have heard  folks say it and mean it. So, at one of the fine french restaurants at Epcot, they now serve burgers.

But I not a huge salmon fan either to be fair, but I fear for losing all the other stuff.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"OOOpps, sorry. I have heard  folks say it and mean it. So, at one of the fine french restaurants at Epcot, they now serve burgers.

But I not a huge salmon fan either to be fair, but I fear for losing all the other stuff.

I don't know how anyone can eat salmon.

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"OOOpps, sorry. I have heard  folks say it and mean it. So, at one of the fine french restaurants at Epcot, they now serve burgers.

Why don't you like salmon. It was one of my favorite fish when I was still eating meat. I had the best salmon with risotto at Auberge De Cendrillon.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "dagobert"

Why don't you like salmon. It was one of my favorite fish when I was still eating meat. I had the best salmon with risotto at Auberge De Cendrillon.

I'm not a fan of fish, tuna and cod is about as far as I go.

I much perfer the Lamb option.

nicoledlrp

while im not an overly pickey eater and enjoy "posh" food i agree totally with littlemermaid83 that perhaps even one slightly plainer menu option wouldnt go amiss, especially for adults who havent picked this restaurant for the food, but rather the experience. i had a problem a while back in walts because of a rather restricted menu choice due to allergies/preferences and ended up with one of the yucky allergy free meals. i had asked for a teen menu burger, and was willing to pay adult meal price for it, but they wouldnt let me have it. if we hadnt been wet,cold and starving i would probably have politely told the surley waitress where to stick the order ! p.s. no disrespect to anyones taste buds but i even find the smell of salmon revolting !!