Auberge de Cendrillon 8/2/2011 :)

Started by MummytoaPrincess, February 11, 2011, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwynfryn

Went on saturday and as promised reporting back on the veggie food.  The veggie starter was the mozzarela balls and cherry toms (like the kids) and a pile of brown lentils in olive oil.  

the main course was a glorfied (cold) pile of puff pastry with cold veg in it and a little flan type thing with some really watery sauce that tasted like watered down yoghurt and cucumber dip.  Oh and a pile of rocket.

i was really dissapointed at the quantity and quality of the veggie option.  We also had really poor service. Very rude and arrogant waiter who huffed every time my daughter had her autograph book or menu in front of her when he was trying to put her plate down.  She is 5!!!!

I am not being picky - i have waited on tables myself and all it takes is a little patience - the plates werent even hot!!!  He rolled his eyes when my daughter knocked over her drink and i was left to clean it!

The coffee was a joke literally a cm of coffee in the bottom of an espresso cup!!! Oh and the third of a glass of wine that i had.

The princesses were amazing and my daughter loved every minute of it. Its very expensive - but decent food would have made it less of a shock!  

When we were leaving my card would not work on the chip and pin machine and i had to be taken into the service area.  It was their fault the machine was not working properly - no apology just more rolling of the eyes from the waiter.

I would have complained but i didnt want to spoil the brilliant princess experience that my daughter had.

Maybe the food for meat eaters is better! it looked like much more of a platefull!

I am not a fussy eater as long as its veggie i will eat it.  I had a great meal at Cafe Mickey for 15 euros - lovely pasta in a gorgeous sauce it was a massive bowl i was really struggling with it but it was so yummy i had to finish it.  

So sorry to say Auberge is a bit of a rip off.  I think they know that people will pay to get the princess experience so they have very much a captive audience.

Princess 10/10, food 2/10 Service 0/10 . The people on the door were nice but once i was handed over to the waiter it was horrible.  i could not wait to get out of there.

baldybeardy

hi all, just back from our first trip. went in this restaurant friday (18th). food was the same as listed above. i had rack of lamb which was fantastic. service was excellent, waitress was clearly very very overworked but was always smiling and polite. my kids did not touch the starter and if you dont like duck or salmon neither will you. it really is what i would call arty farty food but cheeseburger or steak and chips is not very princess like is it. you pay for the characters here. i have 4 girls and it was the youngests 4th birthday. the princesses made a right fuss of them and there faces were worth every last penny.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "baldybeardy"it really is what i would call arty farty food but cheeseburger or steak and chips is not very princess like is it.

Which is why some of us are frustrated that it is a princess character meal now. It was always a must before. I don't want burgers or just steak and chips when on vacation, I want something of high quality. Sadly Auberge is now reserved for special occassions.
since 2001 (many before that)

ed-uk

We loved Auberge, but we don't go  there anymore because it's now a Princess character restaurant, which is a shame for us but I think Disney do well out of it, so i can understand it from their point of view. I wouldn't like to see another table service restaurant go the same way.
Ed & David

dagobert

Quote from: "gwynfryn"Went on saturday and as promised reporting back on the veggie food.  The veggie starter was the mozzarela balls and cherry toms (like the kids) and a pile of brown lentils in olive oil.  

the main course was a glorfied (cold) pile of puff pastry with cold veg in it and a little flan type thing with some really watery sauce that tasted like watered down yoghurt and cucumber dip.  Oh and a pile of rocket.

i was really dissapointed at the quantity and quality of the veggie option.  We also had really poor service. Very rude and arrogant waiter who huffed every time my daughter had her autograph book or menu in front of her when he was trying to put her plate down.  She is 5!!!!

I am not being picky - i have waited on tables myself and all it takes is a little patience - the plates werent even hot!!!  He rolled his eyes when my daughter knocked over her drink and i was left to clean it!

The coffee was a joke literally a cm of coffee in the bottom of an espresso cup!!! Oh and the third of a glass of wine that i had.

The princesses were amazing and my daughter loved every minute of it. Its very expensive - but decent food would have made it less of a shock!  

When we were leaving my card would not work on the chip and pin machine and i had to be taken into the service area.  It was their fault the machine was not working properly - no apology just more rolling of the eyes from the waiter.

I would have complained but i didnt want to spoil the brilliant princess experience that my daughter had.

Maybe the food for meat eaters is better! it looked like much more of a platefull!

I am not a fussy eater as long as its veggie i will eat it.  I had a great meal at Cafe Mickey for 15 euros - lovely pasta in a gorgeous sauce it was a massive bowl i was really struggling with it but it was so yummy i had to finish it.  

So sorry to say Auberge is a bit of a rip off.  I think they know that people will pay to get the princess experience so they have very much a captive audience.

Princess 10/10, food 2/10 Service 0/10 . The people on the door were nice but once i was handed over to the waiter it was horrible.  i could not wait to get out of there.

I'm sorry to hear that. You should make a complaint now and write an email, because Disney should know how bad their food is, especially the veggie options, and how rude some CMs are. You have paid a huge amount of money and so you shouldn't be treated that way.

Some waiters are so rude at DLRP. Last year we had such a problem with a waiter at Walt's. He asked us, if we speak English and we answered with yes. At first he talked in English with us, but when we asked if it is possible to alter the veggie menu, he got mad at us and talked only French to us. We asked for another waiter and the new one was very sorry. Afterwards I made a complaint at City Hall and I wrote an email.

We have only been once at Auberge De Cendrillon. Back then it wasn't a character restaurant and the food was delicious. Since that changed, we stopped going there.

Aurora

Fianlly got around showing these pictures to my daughter. (She at home sick right now). She xactly reacted the way I thought she woud seeing Belle and "beast". She said, why were they never there when we where!! And she wants to go back sometimes(she dosn`t know we`re going in october)and eat there again.I thouht she out of the princess-age. But not "out of Belle" (neither am I :oops: ).So we`ll see...
Aurora

bethella

I have been debating about whether the cost is justified for this and couldnt decide whether to book it or not for october, but after seeing your photos im definatly going to book it! Think my 14 year old son would be bored so him and his dad can do something else and me and my 2 little girls can go instead! im excited now!   Do you know if there is any 'special' menu's available in here? as my daughter is allergic to dairy and nuts, thats one thing thats put me off booking it until now too.
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

bethella

Do they get a gift at the end of the meal?
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

Alice@Wonderland

If you phone Disney in advance, their reservation line i'm guessing would be the best place to call, they can make arrangements for any dietary requirments I believe. Sure I've read that somewhere.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "bethella"Do they get a gift at the end of the meal?

I am afraid they stopped doing that a few years ago, and whereas even last year the photos with Cinderella were free, I believe you have to pay for those now too  :(
since 2001 (many before that)

lilfencer09

Lovely photos and report :)
Febuary 2004 - Day vist
July 2005 - Day Vist
June/July 2010 -  Santa Fe Hotel.
September 2011 - Hotel New York - Best mates 21st Birthday trip.

18th - 21st June 2012 - New Port Bay Club - Admerials Floor, Lakeside view - My 21st Birthday Trip

plutofan1

To Bethella

Disney have a special menu for allergies - although City hall didnt seem to know about it - but we had a lovely manager at Auberge who made my daughters(19!) birthday special. She is lactose intolerant so didnt need the full allergy menu, but he arranged a dairy free starter, changed the main course very slightly and made her a special fruit salad for desert..
He then brought out a birthday cake for her to blow the candles out - even though we hadnt ordered one as she wouldnt have been able to eat it! :D

The allergy menu is an all singing all dancing free from everthing... so not sure how it will taste - but definatley phone in advance or email and tell them about the allergy and ask if they could adjust the normal menu for you .
Have a fantastic time

bethella

Thanks for that yes i will phone a couple of weeks before we go and ask them to do her an allergy free menu, thats reassuring they do that so my daughter will be happy.

Its a shame they arnt doing the gift any more, my little girls would have loved a little keepsake at the end of it, and for the price it costs they should get something!
2003 Santa Fe
2005 Walt disney florida
2011 October Santa Fe

littlemermaid83

The last gift we got was Nov 2009 and it was some really random toy, where before they got wands. Such a shame they stopped this.

I would love them to introduce a different starter, I just cant bare to eat it as I hate salmon and all that jazz.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

tubbsy

to be honest the food at Walts wins hands down over anything at L'Auberge as well as the service, but it is worth doing if you have that special occasion to celebrate (like my daugters 16th) Otherwise I would eat at Walts every time :) I do wonder how expensive Walts would be if it had character interaction-but I hope it never does .
It was wonderful to see my grown up daughter turn into a shy little girl when the princesses came over to her though :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club