Auberge de Cendrillon 8/2/2011 :)

Started by MummytoaPrincess, February 11, 2011, 11:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MummytoaPrincess

Just thought I would let everyone know about our fantastic lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon during our very recent trip to Disneyland Paris!!!

I decided rather last minute to bite the bullet and book the Princess lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon...as in we booked at 11.15am for a 12 noon lunch the same day!!!! My daughter is 3 and princess mad, so seemed the ideal experience for us.

We arrived at Auberge de Cendrillon at 11.50am and were the first people there, so queued outside  and were joined by several other families with little princesses. I had been told when we booked that the 1pm sittings onwards were fully booked, so I anticipated the place being pretty manic. Doors opened just after 12 noon and we were greeted by Cinderella just inside the door. Photos were taken with my daughter (by the professional con artist, I mean photographer) and we were told these would be available to buy at the end of the meal.

We were then taken through to our table, where we were greeted by Suzy and Perla, the mice from Cinderella.

My daughter was absolutely blown away by the place, as was I. A waiter then arrived with our cocktails - a mixture of strawberry syrup, banana and orange juices. the syrup sinks to the bottom so the drink looks very pretty and tasted delicious.

We also were given a litre of Vittel at each table, with the option to order other drinks. However we didn't feel the need - the juice cocktail and water were sufficient for just the 2 of us. The amuse bouche then arrived - little cheesey puffs that my daughter took rather a fancy to, so I didn't get a look in! We also got then a bread basket with 8 little bread rolls in - again more than enough for 2 of us!!!

An announcement was then made that the "special guests" had just arrived. Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, and Belle and her Prince then arrived through a side door, with Belle and her prince dancing on the dance floor, to the delight of all the little princesses!!! The princesses then started making their way around the tables... I should add at this point that maybe 5 or 6 tables were occupied so hardly packed! Meant that we got plenty of time with each princess. The first princess that we met was Sleeping Beauty...

...who was absolutely charming and engaged my daughter in conversation for about 15 minutes!!! We then met Belle and her Prince who were absolutely delightful...

...and then we met Ariel, who again was absolutely charming. My daughter helpfully asked her why she was wearing her dress instead of her sparkly bra! Fortunately I don't think it is the first time Ariel has been asked this and she explained to my daughter that she only wears her "sparkly bra" when she is in the sea, as it is too difficult to swim in a dress!

Then the food started coming out... oh the food  :mrgreen:  You'll be pleased to know I took pictures!!!

Childrens starter... Tuna Mayo and breadsticks, vegetable soup served in a glass with cream (?), cherry tomato and mozzarella balls with rocket salad...

Grown up starter... Smoked salmon, duck breast with lentils, rocket and walnut oil, and fois gras with fruity bread. Yummy yummy!!!!

Childrens main course...Chloe chose the "burger" (so so much more than a burger - proper steak hache patty) of which you get 2, mashed potato, gravy and summer veg... (photo is post cutting up of burgers lol)

My main course...I chose the veal medallions which were served with potatoes "Anne" which was a ring of crispy potato and absolutely gorgeous, summer vegetables, prunes and grayv. Absolutely gorgeous if you enjoy a bit of controversial meat like myself ;) Other options were a salmon dish, and lamb rack dish and a vegetable tart dish...

Dessert... well... Children's dessert was huge - chocolate shoe, white chocolate lolly with Cinderella on it, raspberry ice cream in a mini cone, chocolate cake, butterscotch creme dessert and candy floss...

Grown up dessert... a frangipan type thing with fresh raspberries on top and a white chocolate Cinderella button, a pistachio creme dessert (amazing) and a chocolate teardrop filled with a butterscotch cream with a pink sugar thingy on top. All with a biscuit spoon to eat it with...yummy!!!!

I then had a coffee and was presented with the photo taken at the door and given the option to buy the photo. In fairness it was quite a nice photo, however he had caught the bright green boogy hanging out of my delightful daughters nose beautifully so chose not to purchase the photos. At 25e for the pack I thought it was a little expensive on top of the meal cost itself, especially as I felt the shots I took myself were just as good!

We cashed in our half board standard meal vouchers against the cost of this experience, which left me with 35e to pay for the 2 of us. The whole experience lasted nearly 2 and a half hours, and considering it was "fully booked" it was obviously fully booked to winter standards as they only seemed to be using the main room - there was at least one room that was sealed off. Not complaining though!!!

I would highly recommend booking the 12 noon slot for this experience, and I would highly recommend booking it at the latter end of your trip, because if you are anything like me you will be knackered by then and will fully appreciate being able to sit down for 2 1/2 hours in the middle of the day!!!! The advantage of being the first sitting was massive as it meant that there were only a few tables occupied when the princesses started coming round! I would also recommend being at the front of the queue as we had dedicated Suzy and Perla time before anyone else made it past Cinderella!!!

I have already informed the boyfriend that when we go again (fingers crossed for a Christmas trip in early December) we will be having lunch with the princesses again if he likes it or not ;)

Dec 2014 Hotel New York 6 days/5 nights
Jan 2012 Bitterly cold day trip!
Feb 2011 Santa Fe 3 days/2 nights
Dec 2009 Santa Fe 4 days/3 nights
Jan 2009 Santa Fe 5 days/4 nights
NY 2001/2002 Disneyland California and California Adventure  4days/3nights

Aurora

Glad you had a great meal with the princessess.
We, too always enjoyed them. Even though I have to admit, I`m a little jealous. :oops:  We never met Belle and her prince there...
My daughter is ten now, so I`m not sure if she wants to go there when we go in October. But as you said, it`s also a nice break from a busy day in the parks. And I would advice on the 12:00 setting also.
One thing confuses me. The pictures, that are taken upon coming in: some people say they are included others have to pay. Both times we went, were supposed to pay for them. So whats the story behind this? Does anybody know?
You have cute little daughter!!
Aurora

MummytoaPrincess

Thanks. I believe the photos used to be included in the price, but not these days. It's a real shame but hey ho - in this digital age I can't help but wonder how many people do actually buy the photos when they can take their own. I guess however if I had wanted to be in the photo too it would have been different

davewasbaloo

Glad you had a great time. That is how we celebrated my daughter's 5th birthday, and having all the Princes and Princesses singing happy birthday to her was priceless. However I am sad to see more cut backs. Last June the photos were included as was the wine. Now you have to purchase both? Have they lowered the price or is this one top? I felt it was worth it with the photos and wine, but if neither are included, I am not sure if we will return.
since 2001 (many before that)

Aurora

The two times we been there both times pictuers were to pay seperate but the wine was included. (aoril 2008 and september 2009).
If you want to be in a picture I`m sure someone there will take them for you.
Aurora

gwynfryn

it looks magical!  
 :D

I am going in 3 weeks.  in the new brochure it says that wine is not included, but in the brochure with the monsters inc on the front of it which was the Winter 2010/2011 which runs till April it says wine is included.  Did you ask if it was included.

I am going with my 5 year old daughter who is Ariel Mad! I will warn her about the dress!

My son (3) doesnt want to see princesses and my husband will take him to the lucky nugget while we are with princesses. Read mixed reviews about lucky nugget though?

I dont know how they can justify £53 without photos and wine, its a rip off but i have told my daugther we are going now!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "gwynfryn"I dont know how they can justify £53 without photos and wine, its a rip off but i have told my daugther we are going now!

And there you have your answer, because people are still willing to do it. Supply and demand.

MummytoaPrincess

I guess the difference for us is that this is the first time we have done the lunch, and I wasn't aware of the previous freebies so didn't bother me. Don't know about the wine - didn't know before so didn't ask - not much of a drinker anyway so wouldn't have occurred to me!!!!

Keep hoping the £ might sort itself out against the euro and make the lunch a more affordable experience!!!

haribosmum

We went the same day at 2:30 were Sat in the room with the fireplace where the dancing took place. Still was not busy and the Princesses spent so much time with us it was magical. We had two glasses of wine each included and daughter had a sprite as well  as cocktail for no further charge.

Not sure if u get more princesses in higher season but it was enough for us!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Curlywurli

That looks fantastic. We've booked it but I wasn't too sure, but after seeing your pictures and your report I'm reallly looking forward to it now. My husband is looking forward to it now too, after seeing the Princesses!

It is expensive but we haven't been before and we wouldn't have the money to keep going every year so for us it's worth it. If we get wine we do if we don't we don't. I don't drink anyway. It's a shame they don't include free photos but I've got myself a new camera so I'll just use that.

davewasbaloo

If the wine is still included, then it may be worth it. We usually spend about £15-25 on a bottle at DLP when we dine, so it isn't too bad (but a shame the photos are no longer included).

I must admit though, celebrating my daughter's birthday there was pure magic!  Amazing, and she has never forgetten it!

Lani

When I went at the beginning of December the wine was definatly included. I'm quite sad I never got to experience this restaurant as a little girl, but celebrating my 18th there was just as magical. Am looking forward to hopefully going to Cinderella's Royal Table in WDW to celebrate my 21st. I think I might turn it into some kind of tradition :) Next time I go, I' making sure I wear a nice dress.

Dreams do come true in New Orleans?

meathjen

Delighted to read this, sounds so magical; going to surprise our DD when we go in 20 sleeps  :D/  :D/  :D/

Trip 1 March 2011 Santa Fe
Trip 2 Sept 2011 Sequoia Lodge

littlemermaid83

I wish they would do a different starter.  Does anyone know what the veggie starter is?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

gwynfryn

I will be going next week and i am a veggie so can report back.  A lot of the menus seem to offer fish as a veggie alternative, i dont eat fish!