Duffy the Disney Bear

Started by Malin, January 14, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

julesk

My daughter meet Duffy and Mickey together last March, they where so adorable and didnt rush her. You can buy duffy bears on the disney store uk website.

ilovedisneylandparis

I loved his Valentine's Day outfit! When I popped into the Disney Store I used to work in, they told me sales of Duffy have been a bit underwhelming :( Apparently he is considered more of a 'boy toy' yet apparently boys just aren't really taking to him, so they are considering bringing in Shellie May so that girls can get more involved. I'm a girl and I love my Duffy though :(

SwipatronSparks

Can someone explain duffy to me.... I mean hes cute and all but just who is he? He makes absolutely no sense to me at all... and  until the thread opened on here i didnt even know he existed.... And in my disney store the duffys where kept on the 'princess' side of the store as opposed to the 'cars/spiderman etc' side... Which would imply they where for girls even though there was only male character outfits for him (woody and buzz to name 2)

Ps. I have this funny feeling i have posted this before.... If i have i apologise (cant see a comment on it in my posts thing in the control pannel area but i could have missed it)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

norhel

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"Can someone explain duffy to me.... I mean hes cute and all but just who is he? He makes absolutely no sense to me at all... and  until the thread opened on here i didnt even know he existed.... And in my disney store the duffys where kept on the 'princess' side of the store as opposed to the 'cars/spiderman etc' side... Which would imply they where for girls even though there was only male character outfits for him (woody and buzz to name 2)

Ps. I have this funny feeling i have posted this before.... If i have i apologise (cant see a comment on it in my posts thing in the control pannel area but i could have missed it)

Can this help anything?
//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duffy_the_Disney_Bear
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

SwipatronSparks

yeah it does.... explains where he even came from at least =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019

upcoming trips....

Aurora1

In the waiting line beetween Storybook Store and Liberty Arcade they show the story in 3 or 4 different "books".

julesk

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"Can someone explain duffy to me.... I mean hes cute and all but just who is he? He makes absolutely no sense to me at all... and  until the thread opened on here i didnt even know he existed.... And in my disney store the duffys where kept on the 'princess' side of the store as opposed to the 'cars/spiderman etc' side... Which would imply they where for girls even though there was only male character outfits for him (woody and buzz to name 2)

Have you tried you tube, we watched the mickey mouse cartoon before we went last year so our daughter would know who he was before she meet him. Its a great little cartoon and such a cute story.

SwipatronSparks

i havnt actually it was more curiosity that had me asking than anything else, but i will check out the little cartoon =]

upcoming trips....

TigerLily

I had no idea that there was a cartoon explaining Duffy - I'll have a look for it! I love Duffy none the less - we met him at the joint meet and greet with Mickey, and they were both wonderful with my daughter and very funny. Great memories :D

ilovedisneylandparis

Does anyone know what is going on with Duffy at the moment? DisneylandParisFans tweeted this yesterday: "Les horaires Duffy ont été enlevés car c'est Dingo en premier qui doit venir à votre rencontre à Boarding House" which roughly translates to "Duffy's schedule has been removed because Goofy will be meeting you first at the Boarding House".

I am confused as to quite what this means? It doesn't sound like Duffy has gone exactly, but why will Goofy be meeting first? Do you think it just means that Goofy is there in the morning and Duffy is there in the afternoon?

I really hope Duffy isn't being taken away again, I love that bear  :oops:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "geekyjo"Does anyone know what is going on with Duffy at the moment? DisneylandParisFans tweeted this yesterday: "Les horaires Duffy ont été enlevés car c'est Dingo en premier qui doit venir à votre rencontre à Boarding House" which roughly translates to "Duffy's schedule has been removed because Goofy will be meeting you first at the Boarding House".

I am confused as to quite what this means? It doesn't sound like Duffy has gone exactly, but why will Goofy be meeting first? Do you think it just means that Goofy is there in the morning and Duffy is there in the afternoon?

I really hope Duffy isn't being taken away again, I love that bear  :oops:

Duffy was infact out this week at the Boarding House, my friend saw him. I also asked a few CM friends who have told me that if no friends of Duffy are available then that is the reason why he is not at the Boarding House.  As far as I know he isn't being removed for good. He just might not appear as often due to lack of friends.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ilovedisneylandparis

Thankyou so much! I think it might have been you I spoke to you Twitter - it's so hard keeping up with who is who on each site haha but I knew you were also VoyagesWithDuffy hence my question :) I'm so glad Duffy's still around, we're going back in June and I'm so excited to meet him again, he's my favourite  ;)

littlemermaid83

For all you Duffy and ShellieMay fans  :D

I recently attended the Disney Dreamers Everywhere events all over the world and one of my most favorite events was Duffy's Bedtime story, in which I managed to get a short clip on film. It really was the perfect way to say Goodnight. :P

[youtube:24kjdq81]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej0oMRY2jZY[/youtube:24kjdq81]
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

hawian rollercoaster

Is it true shelly may is going to be a regular at dlrp.

ShellieMay

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on September 07, 2013, 12:23:34 PM
Is it true shelly may is going to be a regular at dlrp.

No this isn't true.
She's going to be out for meet&greets during the Halloween Soiree, but she's not going to be a regular.