Duffy the Disney Bear

Started by Malin, January 14, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewormas

Hi all

Just thought id post a pic of the cake i decorated for my sons birthday that we took to DLRP in October (its the first cake ive ever decorated).  Somehow it survived the journey, although his nose got a little squashed and remade at Ashford International due to the xray machine at customs!

I hope it gives other Duffy Bear fans some ideas for cakes etc...  I made red and white life rings and small sailing boats for the side of the cake, with blue nautical themed ribbon around the base.  I originally wanted to do a porthole window to frame him on top of the cake but ran out of time.  I'd love to see and other Disney cakes people have made.

][/img]

We were so disappointed that Duffy wasnt doing a meet and greet while we there, maybe next year!

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Duffy will be back at his Boarding House meet and greet location from tomorrow, I think! You know, I've warmed to him over the past year. I think him having less prominence in the park has helped, plus I've seen some of the reactions from people meeting him and talking about him and I can't really dislike anything that gives people that much enjoyment.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

jonathan

So Duffy will be back for the Festive season then?  I'm not fussed myself but my daughter wants to get her photo taken with him over Christmas.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Yes, there until early January I believe.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

littlemermaid83

Duffy is back from the 9th at the Boarding House! Till 4pm every day :D
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

jonathan

ok thanks

littlemermaid83

I hope everyone who wanted to meet Duffy gets to meet him this Christmas season.  He really is an adorable and cute bear. I know a lot of members here don't like him, but please give him a chance. The joy my Daughter got from meeting him is something I will never forget.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ilovedisneylandparis

This is great news! Agree with you guys, he does bring a lot of happiness to the people who like him, I am so glad he's back doing meet 'n' greet :D I am 22 and I cried when I met him  :oops:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "geekyjo"This is great news! Agree with you guys, he does bring a lot of happiness to the people who like him, I am so glad he's back doing meet 'n' greet :D I am 22 and I cried when I met him  :oops:

I'm 29 and I love him so much! I have never been so excited to meet a Disney character as I was when I met Duffy. He is adorable!

littlemermaid83

Today marks Duffys One year Anniversary at Disneyland Paris!! Here is hoping Duffy has many more wonderful Birthdays to come in his Paris home!

JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE DUFFY!!

lorrig

Have to say I'm really disapointed about the meet and greet. I heard somewhere that they were going to have a Minnie meet and greet at the Boarding House so very unhappy that they have stuck a bear who looks like he should be in a Bear Factory shop instead. My children have never heard of him so at least it's one queue we will not have to wait in!

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Today marks Duffys One year Anniversary at Disneyland Paris!! Here is hoping Duffy has many more wonderful Birthdays to come in his Paris home!

JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE DUFFY!!

Thanks so much for the news littlemermaid83! Happy birthday to Duffy  :ears:  Can't wait to meet him again at the Boarding House in June!

petals

Quote from: "lorrig"Have to say I'm really disapointed about the meet and greet. I heard somewhere that they were going to have a Minnie meet and greet at the Boarding House so very unhappy that they have stuck a bear who looks like he should be in a Bear Factory shop instead. My children have never heard of him so at least it's one queue we will not have to wait in!

Minnie is meeting in Santa's Village in a cute little Christmas dress!

Duffy meet and greet is set up near the  Storybook Shop but he wasn't meeting on Friday

Jens

Actually Minnie is at the Boarding House in the morning and Duffy is there in the afternoon. In the afternoon minnie goes to santa's village to join the other characters who are already there (Pluto with reindeer antlers for example).

ilovedisneylandparis

Any news on/sightings of Duffy over the last few weeks? Last I heard he was returning to the Boarding House for his sailor meet 'n' greets? :D

He is in the window of my local Disney Store and is being sold on the UK Disney Store website too, so hopefully this means he will have more presence in the parks!