Duffy the Disney Bear

Started by Malin, January 14, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malin

I had heard a while back that Disney was planning to bring Duffy to Paris. Has this happened yet?

davewasbaloo

Hmmm, I've not heard anything, and I am not sure how I feel about this one. Then again, it is nice to not be synergy with films, and my daughter loved Disney Bear at WDW and would probably love a Duffy.
since 2001 (many before that)

Aveen2008

I loooove Duffy, so I hope so! lol Did he used to be called the Hidden Mickey bear or Mickey's bear or something? I have 2 plushes of him and I love them!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Adam

I wondered why Disney would be bringing the welsh singer Duffy to DLP - until I turned my brain on and realized what the threat was about!

Aveen2008

Quote from: "Adam"I wondered why Disney would be bringing the welsh singer Duffy to DLP - until I turned my brain on and realized what the threat was about!

hehehe!! Made me laugh :lol:  :lol:
Luv Aveen xoxo

DisneyManiac

Who is Duffy the Disney bear?

:ears:DisneyManiac :ears:

littlemermaid83

I want a Duffy Bear so badly.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

littlemermaid83

Certain forums are now claiming Duffy will be coming to Paris for Christmas!

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... land-paris
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

JoefromSingapore

Yep, he will be here in the winter!  :thumbs:
That weird host on Dedicated to Disneyland Paris PODCAST!

mattboywonder

Hmm, not too sure about this one.  On my recent trip to Tokyo Disneyland I could not believe how popular he was, although he is more a presence at DisneySea rather than Disneyland.  I saw loads of young women (and some men) walking around with thier Duffy bears, taking him on rides, cuddling him, buying his outfits!  He is 'Big in Japan' as the saying goes - will he win over the Heart of Europe?  Time will tell
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

15MagicalYears

I know not a lot of people are fans of Duffy but I think he's super cute!
I'm guessing he'll meet at the entrance to Liberty Arcade where Mickey normally is?

[youtube:r8o5ouj6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLShjdxVM0E&feature=related[/youtube:r8o5ouj6]

Aveen2008

aw yay I love Duffy pure cute!
Luv Aveen xoxo

peterpanfan1953

Duffy was at a special event this month in Paris... while there we heard that they would start having some Duffy merchandise with him wearing the Parisian outfit he was wearing when we met him.  I wonder if he will be wearing a different Christmas outfit if he is added for Christmas or still be wearing this one:

\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "peterpanfan1953"Duffy was at a special event this month in Paris... while there we heard that they would start having some Duffy merchandise with him wearing the Parisian outfit he was wearing when we met him.  I wonder if he will be wearing a different Christmas outfit if he is added for Christmas or still be wearing this one:

Did they say when the merchandise will be avaliable? I have to have a Duffy in a Parisian outfit, how adorable!

15MagicalYears

I think for him to be successful (by successful I mean merchandise sales) they have to push him in all aspects of the park, no one is going to buy a Duffy plush if they have no idea who he is.