8. The Mark Twain/Molly Brown
9. Le Tannier du Dragon
10. Adventure Isle/The Nautilus

All time DLP:

1. Phantom Manor
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Space Mountain au la Terre a la Lune
4. Le Visionarium
5. Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks (circa 1992)
6. Main Street Electrical Parade
7. Star Tours
8. Tarzan Show
9. Mulan Show
10. Lion King Show

Man, no wonder I get sad about DLP.

Also I terribly miss the guysers working, flaming fountains, the craftsman of Frontierland and Adventureland, Main Street Motors, the Dapper Dans, The Lucky Nugget Review, the Canoes, and sooo much more.
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Also I terribly miss the guysers working, flaming fountains, the craftsman of Frontierland and Adventureland, Main Street Motors, the Dapper Dans, The Lucky Nugget Review, the Canoes, and sooo much more.

What are the flaming mountains? Are these the rock formations with the water fountains at the entrance to Discoveryland?

When did the geysers stop working and why aren't they fixed?

What was so special about Main Street Motors and what are the craftsman of Frontierland and Adventureland.

Thanks a lot for answering!

SwipatronSparks

hm... top 10... ok...

1. tower of terror - amazing ride... record is 13 rides in 5 days... cant wait to ride it again in a weeks time
2. pirates - whats not to like about POTC the ride is amazing, the themeing is great, another one i am looking forward to
3. rockin roller coaster - its the embodyment of two of my favourite things... rock music and roller coasters
4. space mountain - first looping rollercoaster i ever rode on so it has a special place in my heart
5. big thunder mountain - perfect example of a big dipper i love it XD
6. mad hatters tea cups - so much fun and cute themeing
7. phantom manor - themeing is amazing, its a cool ride
8. buzz lightyears lazer blast - toy story ride... my kind of ride lol
9. star tours - its fun, reminds me of seeing the adverts on VHS when i was little =]
10. peter pan - aah such fond memories =]

can anyone tell im a complete adreneline junky? XD .... and this list may change after my next trip to DLRP XD
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

disneyloverjessie

My list, only including Disneyland Park rides:)

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Space Mountain
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Its a small world
5. Indiana Jones
6. Peter Pans Flight
7. Phantom manor
8. Star Tours
9. Pinocchio
10. Buzz Light year laser blast:)
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Also I terribly miss the guysers working, flaming fountains, the craftsman of Frontierland and Adventureland, Main Street Motors, the Dapper Dans, The Lucky Nugget Review, the Canoes, and sooo much more.

What are the flaming mountains? Are these the rock formations with the water fountains at the entrance to Discoveryland?

When did the geysers stop working and why aren't they fixed?

What was so special about Main Street Motors and what are the craftsman of Frontierland and Adventureland.

Thanks a lot for answering!

Yep, the Discoveryland fountains used to have real fire on tip of the water. Sadly I have not seen any photos as it was back in the day of film cameras, and many of us did not do night time shots as film was too expensive to waste.  :(

The Geysers stopped about 3 or 4 years ago. They are bone dry and rotting away now. Management were considering fixing them, though the estimates were expensive. I do wonder if the money was pumped in to the unexpected Castle Bridge repair? Still, annoying. I know they are different budgets, but I think no TSPL and a proper refurb of the resort would be a much better investment.

Main Street Motors was very special to me. When the park opened it had 3 or 4 cars (can't quite remember) and they were actually for sale. Also there was a full 100 year old garage, where you could see how old tyres were changed and the old tools. Some of it is there still, but only about 10% of what was. It is sad. I know some newbies will say, "no one could afford the cars", but the Disney of my child hood used to have shops for entertainment value in their own right, like the One of a Kind antique store in New Orleans Square in California, or the amazing crystal castles. Oh well, I was livid when they turned Main Street Motors into a Winnie the Pooh Store, the merchandise now is less hateful, but like the canoes, MSM is very much missed by me.

And as for the craftsman, to me, like the Dapper Dans and Future Corps band, they were a part of the entertainment.

In Frontierland, at Critter Corral, you could commission wood carvers to make name and number plaques for your house or bedroom. They were beautiful pieces of art, and not too expensive.

And in the Pueblo building across from the Keel Boats, there were native american indian craftsmen and women, making jewelry, blankets and sand paintings.

In Adventureland, where the Aladdin Passage and the stupid Aladdin Restaurant are, they were undercover walkways to get you from Town Square to PotC 100% under cover. And in the bazaar, there were real persian rugs, brass goods and carvings, many made their in Adventureland. It felt like you were really in a proper souk.

Also missing, in Main Street you could have a sillouette done (these are still available in WDW and DL). It was a popular pastime in America at the turn of the century. They would project your shadow on the wall, trace it with paper, and cut it out and place it in a frame.

Thankfully we still have the glass blower, and the cndy makers in Main Street, but I am concerned for their future.

Hope that answers your questions.

The Distorian
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

Thanks for answering all my questions.

Main Street Motors was great. I really wish that it would still be tere like you discribed the place.

Hopefully Disney will find some money to bring back the geysers. I can imagine that they were fantastic.

I think I read somewhere that Disney turned off the flames, because many birds were injured because of the fire.

Although it is abd that the undercover walkway to Fantasyland is cut off due to the Agrabah Cafe, I'm happy that the restaurant exists, since it is my favorite. It would have been great to keep the walkway and put the restaurant somewhere else. I know that this will never happen.

Aren't the crystal castles still on sale at DLRP. I think I've seen one last year. My parents have been to the Swarovski factory in Tyrol last year and they told me about a huge Disneyland castle, but it wasn't on sale. It was just for their museum, because it would be too expensive.

LittleMonster

2. Phantom Manor
3. "it's a small world"
4. Star Tours
5. Big Thunder Mountain
6. La Tour de la Terror
7. Pinocchio's Daring Journeys
8. Space Moutain : Misson 2
9. Casey Jr. - Le Petit Train du Cirque
10. Peter Pan's Flight

Tinkswishes28

Here s mine
1. Phantom manor
2. Studio tram tour
3. Pirates of the carribean
4. The castle
5. star tours
6. Peter pans flight
7. Parade
8. Railroad
9. Honey i shrunk the audience
10. walking through mainstreet
2005 DLRP

Patrick89

1. Pirates of the Carribean
2. Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing
3. Big Thunder Mountain
4. Phantom Manor
5. La Cabane des Robinsons + Adventure Isle
6. Space Mountain "De la terre á la lune"
7. Fort Comstock
8. Disneyland Railroad (without interruptions by CM...)
9. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril
10. Pinoccio`s Fantastic Journey/Alice`s Curios Labyrinth
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

MissDprincess

My Top Ten for DLP

1 - Big Thunder Mountain
2 - Pirates of the Caribbean
3 - Buzz Lightyear
4 - Lighting of the Castle (christmas season)
5 - Disney Store
6 - B.Bill Wild West Show
7 - Space Mountain
8 - Videopolis
9 - Davy Crockett Swimming pool
10 - Tea from Casey's Corner ready for the Parade.

lilfencer09

1. Star Tours
2. Buzz Lightyer
3. it's a small world
4.  Animagic
5. Cinémagique
6.  Phantom Manor
7. Blanche - Neige et les Sept Nains
8.  Tea Cups
9. Stich Live
10. Autopia
Febuary 2004 - Day vist
July 2005 - Day Vist
June/July 2010 -  Santa Fe Hotel.
September 2011 - Hotel New York - Best mates 21st Birthday trip.

18th - 21st June 2012 - New Port Bay Club - Admerials Floor, Lakeside view - My 21st Birthday Trip

Annet

2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Phantom Manor
4. Tower of Terror
5. Crush' Coaster
6. Rock 'n Roller Coaster
6. Animagique
7. Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
8. Stitch Live
9. It's A Small World
10. Peter Pan's Flight

pooks_girl

my top 10 for both parks combined

1 tower of terror
2 Big Thunder Mountian
3 RC Racer
4 Cineamagique
5 POTC
6 Star Tours
7 Stitch Live
8 Buzz Laser Blast
9 Armegeddon
10 Phantom Manor

jenniedisney

2. Big Thunder Mountain
3. Peter Pans Flight
4. Space Mountain Mission 2
5. Crush's Coaster
6. Animagique
7. Snow White and the 7 dwarfs
8. RC Racer
9. Phantom Manor
10. Tower of Terror
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

BadKid

2. Tower of Terror
3. Space Mountain: De la Terre à la Lune
4. Phantom Manor
5. Rock'n Roller Coaster
6. Star Tours
7. 'it's a small world'
8. Peter Pan's Flight
9. Crush's Coaster
10. Mad Hatter's Teacups
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)