British Christmas TV Advert Campaign

Started by Poppy The Monkey, October 14, 2006, 10:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppy The Monkey

I've seen a few times the Christmas Advert for DLRP, it is the same as in previous years with Santa and the snowglobe, but with a new voiceover.

The thing is there is no mention of Disneyland Resort Paris!!

All it says is "There is a place where Christmas happens everyday, get an extra day and night free, call 08........ for more information"

They don't even show the Resort logo, and this is the full advert - not a cutdown version.

Is this a mistake or just a bold avertising attempt, people won't know which Disney resort they are ringing for info on :? .

It may work, hooking WDW's audience, but to me its a very strange way to advertise your product, without even mentioning it (only the small web address, gives any sort of clue).

Anthony

Ohh, I saw this a few weeks ago!  I meant to mention it but obviously forgot.

Yeah - no mention of DLRP whatsoever!  I suppose it is obvious what they're advertising but still - not very good branding.

I've lost count how many years I've seen that advert too - Christmas has grown so much since they made that.  Imagine what a cool advert they could create with a few shots of the Fairytale ceremony and the castle covered in lights!

Edit: You can watch it here. (click broadband version under the image)

luke

Hadn't seen it before, but to be fair, it does say disneylandparis.com underneath the phone number at the end :)

Miss Tinkerbell

The website you mentioned won't work for me Baloo, it says l have to register

Anthony

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"The website you mentioned won't work for me Baloo, it says l have to register
Where it says "Select version to play" in white under the image, pick "Broadband version".

You have to register to see the full screen version or download, but the broadband version is free for the most recent ads.

mehdi5

That christmas ad has been here all month on tv in Holland