"Le Pays des Contes de Fées" Update

Started by RiverRogue, December 28, 2010, 07:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRogue

I'd heard about plans a while ago, but it was done sooner than I expected -- the Rapunzel tower in Storybook Land has been replaced by the tower as seen in Tangled, featuring the figures of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.

While I personally slightly preferred the previous version which was more whimsical, I'm positively surprised that they'd spend money on a "detail" such as this, as it's not one of the most visible show scenes...

Festival Disney

Original:

Replacement:

Source: Disney Central Plaza
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Scissorsboi

Wow, that's a nice change, and really out of the blue! I'm impressed by it, a nice addition of Tangled into the parks than some of the more recent changes (I'm looking at you Wall-E!).

There does seem to be a gap underneath it, I guess for the waterfall?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

smurfy74

shame the ride is hardly ever open for people to see it, but a lovely addition all the same :-)

Martyn

Yes very nice. Additions like this are far more likely to get peoples thumbs up as they have a 'fairytale' connection, compared to the 'bizzaare' Pixar stories :lol:

pussinboots

Wonderful little surprise. I agree that the old tower had its charm (although I'm only now seeing the hanging counterweight), but this is consistent with the other showpieces that have seen a Disney film about them. And it's nice to see that Aladdin doesn't eternally have to be the most recent film to be referenced in Fantasyland.

dagobert

Well done DLRP! I wouldn't have thought that DLRP would spend money on such small details. Hopefully they continue this way.
I think it looks better now.

JelleP

Great little update! I really like seeing Flynn (a.k.a. Eugene) climing the tower :thumbs:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

disneyrules

The new tower looks really nice :)
A great surprise update :D
I only hope that we don\'t lose sight of one thing,that it was all started by a mouse[size=150] Walt Disney
[/size]

:pluto:  :mickey1:

CafeFantasia

Here's a 1080p HD video I shot of the ride last year. At 0m:33s you can see Rapunzel's Tower, on the left. Later on in the video at 3m:25s, you can see the tower again, on the right.

[youtube:tn84x4k8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkDNBaw0Dng[/youtube:tn84x4k8]