LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game

Started by -breeno-, November 18, 2010, 08:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-breeno-

Just when you thought there was enough Cpt. Jack Sparrow overload in your life  :lol:

QuoteDisney Interactive Studios has revealed that it's set to bring the swashbuckling world of Jack Sparrow and friends on a collision course with everybody's favourite block-based toy in the form of LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game.

Developed by Traveller's Tales, it's the latest in the LEGO video game series that's so far seen outings for Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter and Batman, and it's set to arrive alongside the forthcoming movie Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in May next year.

It promises LEGO-ised versions of familiar stories, characters and locations from the Pirates universe and features "pirate adventure, irreverent humor and amazing creatures of the Pirates of the Caribbean films" across over 20 levels and co-op play.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game is scheduled to release on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, DS and PC.
Source - IGN.com

Seems like it would happen sooner or later.  After Star Wars, Indy, Potter and Batman POTC is pretty much the only big movie franchise left that's still rolling in the cash.  There's also the small matter of On Stranger's Tide that's currently missing any big video game marketing after Armada of the Damned bit the dust.  Never played any of these LEGO based games before and I doubt Pirates is going to get my into the series, I may be a fan but if Star Wars couldn't this has no hope.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a teaser trailer for this at this year's Spike Video Game Awards, it's only a month away so it seems to my DIS planned this announcement to line up for this.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

BadKid

I've got this on the Wii, it's really good and entertaining.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)

Vegitabeta

I completed it on the PS3 and I liked it, but there were a lot of times when it froze.