trip report 8th November till 12November

Started by carrydee38, November 13, 2010, 06:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrydee38

Well we back.....well what can I say about this trip porbably the first time that I did not really get the disney christmas feel to the trip.  Probably the weather had a lot to do with it, it was the worst weather ever.  Gale force winds torrential rain and piece of advice if your going dont book the 11th of November or the 12th as it is a public holiday in France.  Early part of week even with horrible weather queues were non existent to be honest. Thursday morning in park extra magic hours wait for buzz at 8.30 was half an hour with all fast pass used up till 2.30.  Thunder mountain was 75 mins...so at this point we thought omg make the most of it but weather got so bad we left park early even though it was open till 9.  Next time ( please note that i am saying next time already lol :thumbs:  ;)  ) I would never go at this time of year.  Makes me think florida mite be better option weather better but dont mind queuing in sun or warmer climate.

Dont ge me wrong paid arm and leg for trip dissapointed with room as paid extra for admirals floor lake side view and got a window that was tiny and a room so small that my room must have been the furthest away from lake to get view of fireworks. I love disney and all things assoicated with it but for first time ever was dissapointed with it.  But will of course go back.
Photos will follow, the showtime spectualire was brillant and of course fantillusion (soggy version ) was fab.

We made the most of what we could love paris but did not love weather..... :oops:

lauramumof3

oh dear, it has been the same everywhere blimmin awful weather. we always go november and its not rained too much-touch wood! i hope there is no wind like that when we have the ferry crossing next week!
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

carrydee38

Quote from: "lauramumof3"oh dear, it has been the same everywhere blimmin awful weather. we always go november and its not rained too much-touch wood! i hope there is no wind like that when we have the ferry crossing next week!

I hope not when we looked out at the lake on Thursday night to be honest you could have surfed across it with the waves on it...so i hope that your ferry sailing is a nice safe calm trip :D

mousinabout

Hi, just read your post. We were there the same time as you 8-12th nov we also paid extra for admirals floor and lakeside view- what a waste of money! We were dissappointed with the room too it wasn't even clean! Yes the weather was awful but we still tried to enjoy it, until day 3 ( night after the fireworks) when my 10 year old started throwing up in bed. 4 out of the five of us come down with norovirus . We left on the fri morning as if our driver would have got it we would be stuck. Informed hotel reception that my son was sick and then me, they were not a bit bothered didn't offer any help at all. Didnt fancy sitting in reception or the car after we had checked out on the last day so left early. Would not go there again. I think the Cheyenne is much cleaner and friendlier staff too. Would definately avoid the buffets now too. I know you can pick up these bugs anywhere but dinner was so disorganised there, people picking up food then putting it back for others :x yuk .
 Did you get any toiletries whilst you were there? we had two open bottles the first day (somebodys left overs)which I threw away but never got anymore after that. Asked at reception and was told that the policy had changed and that you only get them once now :?

lauramumof3

i didnt like newport bay at all. wouldnt stay again.
Been to DLP many times when I was little and now with my own children. First time 1992 and th last time was 2012! Going in  November 2017, so exited cant wait :-)

carrydee38

I have to say that the staff were not as pleasant this trip for some reason.  I have stayed in newport before so expected a bit more but did not get it this time.  We did do the buffet in the hotel for  the first time ever and it was fine.  But two trips ago we did the kids buffet in cafe mickey for the desert and my child was so sick so never again kids buffet in there.  As for toiletries yes we only got one refill, room was cleaned reguraly but for what you paid for it was not great.  The tv did not work properly we went down asked for it to be fixed twice and it was never done.  But then it was not a big point of the trip.  Next time we will go back to the cheyenne as it is friendly clean and you get what you pay for.

At least it was not only me that found it very expensive not to friendly staff and not worth the money