never2old's Christmas trip (5-8 November) - Finished!

Started by never2old, November 10, 2010, 11:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Thanks  :D

@kmara, you're going to have such a magical time!! I love going with kids for their first time, it's a really magical experience! And so far I've only been with "borrowed" ones  ;)  I can't wait for my little girl to be old enough to enjoy it (well, now I can't wait for her to be born, but you know what I mean...) You'll have to tell us how your trip goes!!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "never2old"and make the most of our stay in Disneyland, since with the baby coming in a few months, we will not be going back for some time!

Congratulations, that is fabulous news!!!  :D  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :D/  =D>  :D

But you may be surprised. We thought the same, but ended up taking our kids when they weren't even three months old. Lol. Getting pictures of them as babies in the park (and yes, with the characters) was unforgetable.
since 2001 (many before that)

never2old

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "never2old"and make the most of our stay in Disneyland, since with the baby coming in a few months, we will not be going back for some time!

Congratulations, that is fabulous news!!!  :D  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :D/  =D>  :D

But you may be surprised. We thought the same, but ended up taking our kids when they weren't even three months old. Lol. Getting pictures of them as babies in the park (and yes, with the characters) was unforgetable.

Why am I not surprised  :lol:  

I would like to go in October this year, and I'm already considering whether to take the baby with us or not... On the one hand I would like her to remember her first visit, on the other hand, I don't know if I'll be able to leave her behind if and when we go!! And I don't think I'll be able to wait a couple of years before I take her, and way too impatient for that!

davewasbaloo

I'd say take her. I can tell you from experience, kids never fully remember their holidays until they are over the age of 7, and then you have missed out on too much fun.

I am biased, I do not remember my first Disney trip as I was a baby the first time I went to Disneyland 36 years ago. The memories are for you and your husband. Also, believe me, it is not fun leaving your kids to go anywhere. We did to go to Dubai for a work a few years ago when I was collecting an award, and it felt wrong.

But by the time our youngest was 3 (she is 6 now), she had been to DLP 6 times, WDW once (we had her first haircut done there) and Disneyland in California. The memories for Sarah and I are unforgetable. And she remember pockets too.

Also, they are growing out of Playhouse Disney, and they cannot wait until they are tall enough for Space Mountain and Rock N Roller Coaster. Seeing them go through the changes in the park is amazing, and it makes every trip very very different.

dagobert

Finally I found some time for your last update. The Lucky Nugget Saloon is really a beautifully themed restaurant. Maybe we should try it during our next visit. Are there any vegetarian options?

N2O you did a wonderful trip report and it was a pleasure to read it. Unfortunately we have to wait some time until we can enjoy your next one, but I'm sure the next months will be very exciting for you and your husband. Perhaps your next report already includes the youngest Disney fan on magicforum.

never2old

@davewasbaloo Thanks for that, I'll remember it!! It's true that I imagine it would be really hard to leave her behind, we've been waiting for her for a very long time and it's true we did not want to have a child to not share everything with her!

@dagobert To be honest, I didn't really notice a huge vegetarian selection (like for example in Agrabah). They did have pasta and vegetables, and the salad buffet had plenty of choice, but I really couldn't say if it was a good place for vegetarians... But it is a beautiful restaurant! Oh, and many thanks :D Yep, we got a lot to look forward to, I can't believe that in a few weeks I'll finally get to meet our baby girl!! And I think she'll be starring in many future reports.... ;)

davewasbaloo

That is awesome, I am so happy for you guys!