never2old's Christmas trip (5-8 November) - Finished!

Started by never2old, November 10, 2010, 11:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Quote from: "ed-uk"Love the report - we were in Salon Mickey as you arrived.  When we got there, for the same reason as you to get out of the rain hoping it would stop, at first there was no one else in so we had some time on our own but this did not last long.  From your picture you sat at the same table we did!

That was you!!  :shock:  :D It's a small world after all  ;)  Yep, we got your table, I love it there, you have the window, and you get a nice view over the whole room... If it's free we always sit there  :)

I know about the Spiderman merchandise, it really feels completely out of place!! And it seemed to be everywhere!!

lorrig

Loving your report. Can I be very nosy and ask whether you got your easy access pass due to pregnancy or do you have additional problems. Hope it's not cheeky asking but we go out next weekend and I am also pregnant, will be 17 weeks but still having problems with sickness and tiredness, so just wondered if this would be available to me if I was really struggling.
Read somewhere that pregnant ladies can not go on POTC. Just wondered if this was true!
Can't wait for the rest of your report. It's getting me in the christmas mood for our xmas trip

never2old

Quote from: "lorrig"Loving your report. Can I be very nosy and ask whether you got your easy access pass due to pregnancy or do you have additional problems. Hope it's not cheeky asking but we go out next weekend and I am also pregnant, will be 17 weeks but still having problems with sickness and tiredness, so just wondered if this would be available to me if I was really struggling.
Read somewhere that pregnant ladies can not go on POTC. Just wondered if this was true!
Can't wait for the rest of your report. It's getting me in the christmas mood for our xmas trip

Yep, no POTC, and no dark rides either! POTC I don't really understand, but for the dark rides I have to say, I totally agree... I was waiting for everyone to come out of Pinocchio and I saw someone get hurt in the belly by the bar, when the wagon stopped very suddenly! I was not tempted after that... I think they're over cautious with the rides they don't recommend for pregnant women, but personally I didn't want to take any risks, we've been waiting for a really long time for this baby!!

You go to City Hall, with a medical certificate stating you're pregnant, and that's it! They'll give you a little pink slip, that lists the rides you can go on, and how many people can go with you (between 5 and 7 people depending on the ride, except for the parade, where only 1 was allowed to come with you to the reserved space). It's really worth getting! They'll also explain everything to you, they were really helpful with me. At the end I only needed to use it once, in IASW, where there was a bit of a queue, everywhere else was really quiet, but you never know! I was also feeling very tired and sick at the beginning; even now (I'm also 18 weeks) I get quite tired, I really felt it in the parks! I don't have any particular problems (other than tiredness and some stretching pains every now and then) Even if you feel OK ask for it, you never know, if anything you'll have the list of rides they recommend you do, and if the parks are busy, it can save you some waiting time!!

Oh, and congratulations on the happy news!!!  :D

DLP-Photos.com

Ooohh - I wanna go now! :lol: Fabulous photos and a great start to the report - I agree about the Spiderman merchandise, but I guess we will have to learn to live with it, Marvel being a part of the company now............

Looking forward to the next installments :D

And once again congratulations and to you too lorrig :)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

never2old

You know, I want to go now too!! And knowing that I won't be going for a long long time (even though it's for a great cause!) makes it even worse!!

And without any further delays, here's the next chapter!

After our break in Salon Mickey, it was time for the Studios!

Little surprise when we got there, the main gate was open! First time Isee it like this!! I think it was for the VIPs only (there was a guard asking for IDs), so we didn't even try... Still, nice to see something different... (my husband thought I was a total geek, getting so excited about an open gate  :lol: )

The Front Lot was decorated for Christmas... though nothing very exciting, same decorations as last year in the lamp posts, some snow and toys around the car outside the main shop... Not much, really. Whatever happened to the Santa costume they had for Mickey in the fountain??

In fact all the Christmas decorations in the Studios seemed the same as last years (except for some lights hanging in the Hollywood Boulevard, I'm not sure I took a picture of those, but I don't remember them from last year!)

First stop, Toy Story Playland!!

I was really looking forward to seeing the new addition, and I have to say, I loved it!!! The theming is great, the area is so colourful, and green, and just pretty!! Even with the grey skies and the rain, it looked good! I can't comment on the rides themselves since I didn't do any of them, but the area itself looks really good, I think the Studios really needed something like this!

It's a yoyo!

Even the benches are themed!

He looks brilliant! And he talks!

And of course, the Paris street at the other side of the barrel of monkeys... Beautiful!

Loved it.

The wait times in the TSPL were not bad (the parachutes were closed, the others had about 15 minutes wait), but Cris didn't want to do either by himself, so we simply had a good look around the area.

Continues soon!

dagobert

Thanks for the update. Your pictures are great as always.

I have to say that I don't like to see spiderman merchandise in DLP. I don't have a problem if disney qould offer it in DV and WDS, but not in DISNEYland park.

How many cookies did you get in Salon Mickey, because in February they offered only prepacked cookies and for each person just one. Someone told me that people stopped in Salon Mickey and filled their backpacks with free drinks and cookis. Some people are so rude, so I think that is a good way that everyone gets something.

never2old

We had 1 cookie each, we didn't try to get more so I don't know if they would have stopped us... Though I think it makes sense not to allow people to over do it and fill their bags with free food and drinks, that's not the point of the place! Some people are just greedy...

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "never2old"We had 1 cookie each, we didn't try to get more so I don't know if they would have stopped us... Though I think it makes sense not to allow people to over do it and fill their bags with free food and drinks, that's not the point of the place! Some people are just greedy...
We saw people filling their bags when we went in October.  There was me and Dylan with one cookie and drink as it should be and this group of about 5 people were filling their bags with cookies, croissants, orange juice and water!! Is there really any need for it! Just plain greed :evil:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Elaine

Quote from: "dagobert"Thanks for the update. Your pictures are great as always.

I have to say that I don't like to see spiderman merchandise in DLP. I don't have a problem if disney qould offer it in DV and WDS, but not in DISNEYland park.

How many cookies did you get in Salon Mickey, because in February they offered only prepacked cookies and for each person just one. Someone told me that people stopped in Salon Mickey and filled their backpacks with free drinks and cookis. Some people are so rude, so I think that is a good way that everyone gets something.

I've been to Salon Mickey about a dozen times now, and no-one has been filling their backpacks - in fact you couldn't anyway, because the trays with the pastries and cookies on them were on the CM's desk, right under their nose! You are invited to take one or 2 items from the tray each, and then help yourself to a hot or cold drink from the drinks machine and fridge in the seating area itself.

I agree with Kelly though, theres no need for it at all, Salon Mickey is a shareholders perk, not a right, and its not exactly in keeping with the refined atmosphere of the lounge to be clearing the place out of everything in it!

Brilliant photos never2old, loving all the details, and your OH looks like he's having a rare old time  :D !

Elaine

never2old

I've never seen people like that, thank God, because I think it would really ruin the Salon Mickey for me... I would get so annoyed!!

Thanks Elaine! And yes, my hubby always complains about going to Disneyland... But once we're there he always has a great time!! He really is a kid... (we both are  :lol:  ;) )

Here's the next part of the report!

After exploring TSPL, we had a little go at the Monsters Scream Academy location (first time we're there and there's not a crowd of kids around!) And Cris can be a real kid sometimes  ;)

We also had a look at the rest of the Christmas decorations, which were... Well, rather sad if I'm honest!

Sad, really...

Queues overall were OK (other than Crush, everything else had between 5 and 20 minutes), but Cris didn't want to go by himself on any of the rides we usually do (as many times as possible), like RnRC or TOT. So instead we decided to go for a break in Starbucks (no visit to DLP is complete without a stop in Starbucks!); my sister in law Alice and her family were coming around 1pm, and we wanted to be near the hotel to meet them there, so it was good timing... Plus we had a bit of time for shopping!

In the Studios store:

Christmas section:

And more Spiderman merchandise, this time in the Disney Village (Hollywood Pictures shop)

We had our coffee (and a little sandwhich, I confess that being pregnant I do get hungry all the time!!), did a bit of browsing in the shops, and before I had time to buy anything we had a call from Alice, they had arrived (about half an hour early, so all good!), and we went to meet them at the hotel

I just loved this with all the leaves!!

We hadn't seem them in almost a year, and the girls had grown up so much!! Particularly the little one (she's now 2 and a half years old), so we were really happy to see them again.

They checked in, and I took the opportunity to ask if our room was ready, which it was! In no time we got our key and asked them to send the bags to the room; we didn't actually go and see it (the girls were impatient to get to the park, and so were the grown ups!!), though I was quite curious to see our room... We had been given one in the 7th floor!!

Anyway, our group finally complete, we went back towards the park. By now it was really raining (so the camera stayed a lot more in my pocket  :( ), but at least it wasn't too cold, so no one cared too much about the weather...

We had a bit of time before lunch (I had booked it in the Agrabah Cafe for 2pm), so first stop, Fantasyland!

Quick stop in the Chaumiere des Sept Nains (one of my favourite shops, so many little details!!)

Have you seen the new Rapunzel costume? I think it's one of my favourites!

Finally time for a ride for everyone, the Carousel! Plus no queue whatsoever, we went straight in!

My two nieces:

Me!

Alice, my sister in law:

I don't go often on the Carousel (my husband doesn't like it much, so if it's just the two of us we usually give it a miss), sure it's not a very exciting ride but I'm always happy to do it, it's one of the rides where I really feel like a child again!!

Anyway, after the Carousel and a little walk around Fantasyland, it was time to eat... So straight to Agrabah Cafe!!

I always say this and I'll say it again, this has got to be one of the best restaurants in the whole resort!!! The food was again delicious: the hummus!! hmmmmmm and the lentil salad, and the chickpeas, and the couscous, and the fish... everything was really good!! We all over did it of course, and came out way too stuffed!! But worth it... So worth it!!

And when we came out, we were actually surprised to see that it was still raining (a lot), and that it was cold... It's so nice and warm and cosy inside the Cafe, you forget what it's like outside!!

loladelorean

It's funny reading this with you having been there the same time as us - we were there from Sunday until yesterday, just on the train now heading home from London  :(
The weather got worse after Monday if you can believe it, Thursday in particular was horrific with such bad rain that we just gave up and left the park for most of the afternoon lol.
We loved Salon Mickey too - took the water we didnt finish away in our bags, hope nobody will think badly of us  :-"
I'm going to write a full trip report once I'm home, really enjoying reading yours just now. Your photos are much better than ours, most of ours are just silly - I always forget to take scenery photos once I'm there!
Glad you managed to get on a few rides and that Disney were so helpful about your pregnancy, and also that you saw the fireworks on Friday. We saw them on Tuesday, when the weather calmed down enough for them to go ahead.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

never2old

Quote from: "loladelorean"It's funny reading this with you having been there the same time as us - we were there from Sunday until yesterday, just on the train now heading home from London  :(
The weather got worse after Monday if you can believe it, Thursday in particular was horrific with such bad rain that we just gave up and left the park for most of the afternoon lol.
We loved Salon Mickey too - took the water we didnt finish away in our bags, hope nobody will think badly of us  :-"
I'm going to write a full trip report once I'm home, really enjoying reading yours just now. Your photos are much better than ours, most of ours are just silly - I always forget to take scenery photos once I'm there!
Glad you managed to get on a few rides and that Disney were so helpful about your pregnancy, and also that you saw the fireworks on Friday. We saw them on Tuesday, when the weather calmed down enough for them to go ahead.

Looking forward to your trip report!!   :D

The weather got even worse?!?!  :shock:  Monday it was terrible, I think that was the worst weather I've ever had there...

Oh, and I always take my water bottle from Salon Mickey with me if I haven't finished it, they would just throw it away otherwise!  :)

loladelorean

QuoteLooking forward to your trip report!!   :D

The weather got even worse?!?!  :shock:  Monday it was terrible, I think that was the worst weather I've ever had there...

Oh, and I always take my water bottle from Salon Mickey with me if I haven't finished it, they would just throw it away otherwise!  :)

Yup Thursday afternoon was even worse than Monday, plus there were mega queues everywhere with the French holiday  :shock:
Monday afternoon my mum went back to the hotel for a bit and my sister and I kicked about in the rain, we went over to Santa's Village and everything was deserted! Just one other family visiting Santa, so we got a quick photo, the CMs down there seemed pleased to see us lol. We certainly didn't let the weather get us down  :thumbs:
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

dagobert

Agrabah Cafe is also our favorite restaurant! The food, especially the salads, is delicious. Did you take pictures?

never2old

Quote from: "loladelorean"Yup Thursday afternoon was even worse than Monday, plus there were mega queues everywhere with the French holiday  :shock:
Monday afternoon my mum went back to the hotel for a bit and my sister and I kicked about in the rain, we went over to Santa's Village and everything was deserted! Just one other family visiting Santa, so we got a quick photo, the CMs down there seemed pleased to see us lol. We certainly didn't let the weather get us down  :thumbs:

Oh dear, on top of everything else there was a public holiday! At least when we were there (particularly Sunday to Monday, Saturday it was a bit busier), there was no queues at all, it helped with the weather!!

When we went to visit Santa it was practically the same, there was one family before us, and that was it!!

Quote from: "dagobert"Agrabah Cafe is also our favorite restaurant! The food, especially the salads, is delicious. Did you take pictures?

Oh, the salads... I could eat there every day I think!!

I only took one picture, once I saw the food all I wanted was to eat... Greedy me  ;)  I meant to take more pictures of the food this time, but once I started eating, I forgot about that...

So here it is, just for you! Sorry it's not a great picture, though...