Disney's Christmas Season (2006)

Started by Kinou, June 12, 2006, 02:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I must agree that Princesses are not the best Christmas theme ever, but at least the show had a Christmas element again last year. I will be VERY dissappointed if this show is smaller than last year after all the expense they went to with it!!

I think DLRP seem to be escaping the Christmas concept and going for a Winter celebration instead. Winnie will be a wintry show I guess, Mickey's Winter Wonderland sure is and the Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony is not pure Christmas either. The illuminations are for a fairytale and only the last float in The Christmas Parade has a strong reference to Christmas. Over in the Studios, even Goofy plays Santa.

All this makes me thin it might be a tactical move, although it's a shame in my eyes.
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Patrick

Excuse me dost thou not spy a Christmas Tree next to the Castle, therefore is that not a Christmas element?  Victorian carollers though don't know if they will be back?  These and more do seem to specify christmas.  Also christmas music I think there's enough christmas elements would be nice to have the old tree lighting ceremony back but to me the newer one is still good :) .

experiment627

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Excuse me dost thou not spy a Christmas Tree next to the Castle, therefore is that not a Christmas element?

Yeah, but nowadays the whole thing smells like your favourite Disney princess threw up over that poor tree...  :?

I just don't like how they seem *not* to celebrate Christmas these days... (compared to previous years...)
Again: I'm not saying that their current show is bad - it's just so not-Christmas that it really annoys me big time.

Anthony

Why isn't Walt Disney Studios shown on the official Christmas website?

http://www.disneymagicalchristmas.com/

Is it because the park won't have any specific shows/parades for Christmas, or is it some kind of mistake?

Kristof

Expect minor decorations and only Christmas Cinéfolies for this Christmas season.

Dlrpfan

that is wierd because it is exactly the same site - wds. Maybe they cant have the merry xmas WDS parade due to all the building work? but that does not count for the rest of the entertainment.
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Already?!!

Patrick

Bloody Hell, to think I go away for 2 days and come home to that image, excuse me can DLRP ever just leave the collision of two holidays to a certain Tim Burton Movie, I mean the castle is even done already :lol: .

Miss Tinkerbell

djeeeeeeeeeeeez they just keep doing that....it's just plain annoying!!! and l still hate the lampposts.  Bring back the old archways people it was MUCH better!!!!!!!

Bambi

Totally agree with Tink-the archways were soooo much better, they created a very special atmosphere which, in my opinion, the lamps fail to do.
The arches were so beautiful all lit up at night.....

Miss Tinkerbell

and nice during the day with the little lights overhead ... lt was much more christmassy...

Dlrpfan

yea i was looking foward to seeing the lights of winter down main street in 2005 to only find some princess lights  :evil:
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Miss Tinkerbell

Especially during the day...juk...not good!!...

Can't we try and persuade disney to bring back the archways???

Anthony

Quote from: "Miss Tinkerbell"Can't we try and persuade disney to bring back the archways???
I'm sure they'd start to listen if you agreed to foot the bill for the massive maintenance costs and the huuuuge crane needed to install them.

I can't see them returning, unfortunately. :( I wonder if they still even have them?  Must be hard to store...  DLRP's seasonal entertainment is such a mystery - where do they keep everything?  The giant pumpkin, the paint cableway, the princess chandeliers, castle lights... where?!

Miss Tinkerbell

l'm sure they'd find enough "idiots" who'd pay their bills. :lol: (wait....we already are in a way)

Where they store things should be visible on the satellite pics, no?