Disney's Christmas Season (2006)

Started by Kinou, June 12, 2006, 02:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinou

Disney's Christmas Season
Including A Fairytale Christmas at Disneyland Park
11th November 2006 to 7th January 2007

This is now the official topic for discussion and news about the 2006 Disney's Christmas Season.

Joyeux Noël!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Following 18 posts cut from the Disney's Princess Parade topic.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Original post by Kinou:

All i see is MORE CUTS! 2006 is the year of all the cuts, the budgets are VERY small because they want to save up for next year. Expect a very light version of Halloween and Christmas this year (for instance: Belle's Medley won't be returning this year!)
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Indeed, Belle's Musical won't return, same goes for Kids' Carnival, Easter and Magic Unlimited next year.

Dlrpfan

ok we trust the blue bird lol
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Indeed, Belle's Musical won't return, same goes for Kids' Carnival, Easter and Magic Unlimited next year.
Ok, I've just gone from writing a post praising DLRP to read this... :(

If I'm completely honest though, I'd prefer to miss out on the Carnival, Easter and a bit of Christmas/Halloween if it means we get a truly awesome celebration next year.  Belle's Musical Medley wasn't exactly the most brilliant DLRP show, Easter was almost non-existant this year, Magic Unlimited caused problems... the only bad thing about this news is the cutting of the Carnival.  Hopefully it'll return again in 2008, but if not I hope they use some of the costumes in the new DLP parade.

Edit: Cutting back on the seasons they've worked so hard to build up over the last few years is interesting though.  Does this mean they now know that new attractions are the only surefire way to bring in more guests?

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Edit: Cutting back on the seasons they've worked so hard to build up over the last few years is interesting though.

Did they really work that hard on those seasonal events...?

Kristof

QuoteEdit: Cutting back on the seasons they've worked so hard to build up over the last few years is interesting though. Does this mean they now know that new attractions are the only surefire way to bring in more guests?

Karl Holz wants to concentrate (money) on the core values of the resorts like the new attractions, Fantillusion, Halloween, Christmas, ...  
Since people come to the resort anyway during the Easter and Kids Carnival seasons.

One of the reasons why Belle's Musical is drooped is because they hired external dancers for this show (most of them also did Kids Carnival and Easter).

Disneyana

Good I'm not going to DLP next year. It sounds very sad to hear that almost everything is cut down. I understand the bad financial situation of DLP, but why must they always cut things which entertain the guests ?!  :shock:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

No no, you're missing the point...  The money that they're saving from the "lost" seasons will now be invested in new things for the 15th Anniversary.

Disneyana

Oh okay, I hope they will do so, but really believing in this can I only when I see what happened. Sorry but DLP has often announced some great things which turned out to be just interesting Wishes for example.  :?  But we will see. Are there some announcements what they're going to plan for the 15th anniversary ?
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"Karl Holz wants to concentrate (money) on the core values of the resorts like the new attractions, Fantillusion, Halloween, Christmas, ...  
Since people come to the resort anyway during the Easter and Kids Carnival seasons.

Doesn't sound too bad, if I may say so. If they can divert some more money to - as you said - "core values" as well as next year's celebration, it might actually be worth it.
Personally, I'd much more prefer a better performed Fantillusion parade than having Belle's Musical Medley, some odd carnival music and bunny statues...

Kristof

Yes Experiment, I agree with you.  Although I loved Belle's Musical Medley, I'd rather see an improved WDS, new parade, ...  :)

Kris

ALERT  :!:  ALERT  :!:  Alarm bells are ringing here...

If the majority of The Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony cast were those who appeared in Belle's Musical Medley, then what the hell is happening to this show too?!  :( Tell me this show is staying the same or getting even better please! It's a massive part of the Christmas celebrations in the park and I really would miss it if it got scaled down again.  :roll:
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Kristof

The Ceremony will return.  My guess is that they're going to use people from EPC this time.

Dlrpfan

thank god!!!
the one last year was soo cool
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

experiment627

Quote from: "raptor1982"The Ceremony will return.

:?

As much as some of you folks seem to like this show: will we ever get a "Christmas Celebration" again or will it be just pretty much Princesses Weeks from now on during the month of December?  :?