would anyone please do pin trading with me.

Started by butterbear, October 15, 2010, 04:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butterbear

i am new here and i love all things disney.i started collecting disney pins this year so i don't really know anything about them but i wondered if people would be nice and maybe trade pins with me please.we could all list what we've got to trade or show photos of them and then we could trade please.i did look at pinpics but i found it very confusing and gave up but i would love to trade on here please,i promise i will always send them.i hope to find some nice friends here too.i have quite a few to trade.everyone could regularly add to this and keep it updated.if there is already a page for this then i'm sorry but i didn't find one,thank you. :)

daxyboy

hi i would be willing to trade what sort of pins have u got to trade with.you can view pin on pinpics my id is daxsmith.or let me know wot characters/themes your after.

Aveen2008

Hi Butterbear, we're a friendly bunch on here, you could post a photo of your pins on the 'share your pins topic' or in here if you'd like and perhaps say what type of pins you like e.g. specific characters, or attractions etc :)

welcome to the boards :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

butterbear

i really appreciate everyone's kindness and you do seem very friendly.perhaps people will be friends with me?. i'll try and get photo's of all my pins to trade,thanks for letting me know about the share your pins topic.i like pretty much all the disney things so i'd just like to see what other people will trade for them as i don't know what pins there are really.how do i post photos in the topics please?.thank you.by the way in case no one recognised my member name butterbear is from the disney cartoon the wuzzles.

Aveen2008

Quote from: "butterbear"i really appreciate everyone's kindness and you do seem very friendly.perhaps people will be friends with me?. i'll try and get photo's of all my pins to trade,thanks for letting me know about the share your pins topic.i like pretty much all the disney things so i'd just like to see what other people will trade for them as i don't know what pins there are really.how do i post photos in the topics please?.thank you.by the way in case no one recognised my member name butterbear is from the disney cartoon the wuzzles.

Hey don't worry it can be hard to understand the whole pin trading thing when you just start collecting, I think we all struggled at the begining to get our heads around it. If you upload a photo to photobucket and then get the IMG code from it by clicking on the photo and then at the side of the photo you will see a box and it says IMG code, copy and paste it into a message and it should work. Just remember to resize your photo before uploading so that its not too big, about 600x400 is approx fine (dont have to be exact lol).

Basically there are different types of pins. There are normal 'Rack' pins which you buy in the Disney store for usually £3, or in DIsneyland paris they are usually around 6 euro etc. These pins are made in mass production and are usually the cheapest pins to buy but are still collectable.

Then there is Limited edition pins (you may see LE beside a pin) LE is limited edition and them sometimes its followed by a number like LE1500, which means the pin is a limited edition of only 1500 - so only 1500 were made, its rarer and usually a bit dearer. The smaller the number of the edition the more wanted it often is. On the back of the pin it will tell you if its limited edition or not and the side of the edition. Some pins even tell you what number the pin is in the edition e.g. 560/800.

There are Cast Lanyard Pins - These are pins that you cant buy you can only get them from trading with cast members in the disney store or in disney parks. You can only trade 2 pins per cast member per day. You usually have to trade like for like with pins e.g if you want a LE pin from someones lanyard you usually have to give a limited edition pin. Cast are not allowed to refuse a trade unless they already have the pin you are offering on their lanyard.

There are Hiddem mickey pins (sometimes it is abbreviated to HM), these are usually Cast lanyard pins also but on them there is a small mickey head eg:

see the small mickey head.

There is Cast Exclusive pins, that are only given to cast members, not sold or put on cast lanyards but you can sometimes find them being sold on ebay or other places if cast members have given them away or sold them.

You can trade with other traders, there is no rules really as long as the two people agree with the trade. Obviously unlike cast members another collector can refuse to trade if they dont want the pin you are offering.

There is pins, that can only be bought at events such as Pin trading night or day pins or special event pins , These pins are LE pins that can only be bought at the event usually in the disney parks.

You may see letters beside a pin that tell you where its from such as
HKDL- Hong Kong DisneyLand
DLRP- Disneyland Paris
DLR- Disneyland Resort (california)
WDW- Walt Disney world (florida)
DSF - Disney Soda Foundtain (store in the usa)
DS Europe - Disney store (uk and europe)
TDL- Tokyo Disneyland

Hope this information helps a bit  :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

butterbear

thank you so much for all your help Aveen.you're really helpful and i really appreciate it.i will have to register on photobucket for putting my photos of my disney pin trades on and then i'll be back here soon to show them on the share your pins topic. i hope someone will like my pins.thank you for all your help.