October 4th - 8th 2010 trip report

Started by AislingM, October 13, 2010, 06:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AislingM

Im just back from my week in Disney, have been going every January for the last 14 years but went with my boyfriend for his 1st time last week . Loved the Halloween decorations , Frontierland looks amazing and the Disney Villians show is really good too. Only complaint is that I really missed the usual country music thats playing in Frontierland , think it kinda took away from the atmosphere a bit. But on the plus side, we got to meet Jack and Sally and they have a brilliant float with real horses during the Once upon a Dream Parade which was really cool. The Disney Villians do a meet and greet outside Phantom Manor every day around 11 . The parks were still fairly quiet so we walked onto nearly everything except in the toy story playland, queues for the Parachute drop were around 40 mins every day! Did it once but I dont think it would be worth that long a queue again . The RC Racer is absolutely amazing, its way more terrifying than it looks in pictures! Queues for that were fairly long too, about 20 mins on average but its definately worth it. Slinky Dog is alright but again. its not worth a long queue , only do it if your not going to be waiting more than 10 mins! Ive mixed feelings about the playland, it feels like somethings missing! Everything seems a bit rushed and crammed in together...

Small world was closed from the Wednesday but Ive just read on DLRP Today that a maintainance man died in it on Wednesday morning....
Stayed in Cheyenne once again ( that place just feels like Disney to me!) and it was fabulous as usual, only ate there one night. The foods never great but the dessert buffet alone is worth the price! Also ate in Annettes Diner , King Ludwigs and did a character dinner and breakfast in Cafe mickey. The dinner was amazing, still buzzing after it! Found it very reasonable too, it was 32 euro each for 3 courses. The breakfast was a bit steep, 16 euro each ( and thats with a hotel discount!) but I suppose its the atmosphere and characters your paying for. Really recommend it though. Theres some really great deals on in all the restaurants in the village, they all do a set menu and the choices are really good.

Only complaint about the whole thing is, and did anyone else notice the really bad standards of the bathrooms throughout the parks???? I never once saw anyone in cleaning them and they were just disgusting! But that dosent really matter cos its Disney after all and now I just need to get busy planning my next trip in January!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14