Quick, Run! The King of the Jungle is coming!

Started by Anthony, May 08, 2004, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

That's the hippo from Fantasia. :-)

Libby

Hmmm, I never liked Fantasia much and that hippo is far too scary looking for my liking lol

Libby
xxx

Anthony

Well now we know it's from Fantasia i want to know what this is called:

Quote from: "Libby"Looks like a character off an old childrens programme here in England called "Rainbow".

It's really annoying me!  I used to be forced to watch that programme by my older sister!  Though Zippy was ultra-cool...

EDIT: Just remembered, he/she(!) was called George!  :lol:

Kristof

The Hippo was also the main star in Tooncircus!

Libby

Hmmm I still don't like it/he/she! Its kinda evil looking.

Baloo what was the big bear thing called in Rainbow? now that was scary lol

Libby
xxx

Anthony

Quote from: "Libby"Baloo what was the big bear thing called in Rainbow? now that was scary

Well i thought it was Geoffrey at first, but now i'm thinking that it could have been George and the pink hippo think was geoffrey...  :?  :?:

EDIT: The pink hippo was called George, and the bear was called Bungle!  More info here if you wish to relive old (perhaps scary!) memories: http://www.rainbow.web.com

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Well now we know it's from Fantasia i want to know what this is called:

This sweetheart is called Hyacinth Hippo.

And Libby: shame on you for not liking "Fantasia"...  :wink:

Libby

But shes ugly and scary looking!  Fantasia has to be the worst disney movie in my opinion, it never made much sense to me when I used to watch it, plus there wasnt a lot (if any) dialogue involved! And when you are a little kid you rely on that to tell the story lol
Libby
xxx

Kristof

Fantasia was a combination of the latest animation techniques (back in 1940) with classical music.  Walt Disney even invented a special sound installation for movie theaters, which we now can compare to the current Dolby 5.1, THX, ...

I didn't like it either when I was a kid.  I only wanted to see it because it had Mickey in his sorcerer costume on the box.  But now I can appreciate it a lot, (on my 5.1 home cinema)  :wink: .

Kristof

:offtopic:  :wink:

The new advert is online!  You can download it right here (right click: save as...)

:arrow:  http://www.student.tue.nl/h/j.jokker/vi ... ersion.wmv

flor

It's nice ;)
Mickey on top of the towers  :shock:
Funny  :P

Libby

omg just seen the advert on tv, its fantastic! I love it, definately made me want to go and see this lion king thing lol
Libby
xxx

Kristof

I agree, it's funny!  Only a bit too short.  But that's quite normal for tv-adverts.  Maybe they have different lengths.

flor

indeed, there are two lengths of commercials.
1: is without Donald, Chip&Dale and Hook: Just Mickey on the tower
2: the complete commercial like we've seen it online.

flor

We've just been to a travel agency, they had some new promotional banners of DLRP. And guess what, we may take it with us ;)

It's a giant banner of the new Lion King show, and at the back, its a huge picture of Fantillusion Mickey.
 :lol: