Quick, Run! The King of the Jungle is coming!

Started by Anthony, May 08, 2004, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

DLRP Magazine reports some very interesting (and exciting!) news today with photos of the first film shoot for adverts for "The Legend of the Lion King".

Despite the fairly good NeedMag?c adverts, any DLRP fan should be afraid when new adverts are filmed considering past efforts.  Luckily this time the premise is good at least:  The classic Disney characters in Disneyland Park have just heard that the king of the lions is moving in and in fear they run for cover and begin to climb up Sleeping Beauty castle to safety!!

Looks pretty funny and original already doesn't it?  Plus, this is yet more proof that the show really will be something big.  :D  :D

More photos and the article: //http://www.dlrpmagazine.com/actu.php?subaction=showfull&id=1084010260&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

experiment627

Am I the only one who appreciates the irony that Prince John is also climbing the chateau in fear of the Lion King?  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"Am I the only one who appreciates the irony that Prince John is also climbing the chateau in fear of the Lion King?  :wink:

lol I guess you have a point there but although they are both lions one is from Africa and the other is a much weaker Prince from England.  :wink:   IMO Prince John would still be scared of The Lion King.  (OK, yes i know i'm looking into it too much now!!)  :lol:

What is strange is that the characters climbing the castle aren't really the main Disney characters at all.  Perhaps part of the advert shows some of the Fab 5 meeting the Lion King and showing the others that he is actually their new friend?

BTW, after thinking about this advert it's giving me scary flashbacks to the first WDS advert...  :o

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"BTW, after thinking about this advert it's giving me scary flashbacks to the first WDS advert...  :o

Was that the one with Donald? Mhm... Well, I love Donald Duck, so the advert didn't scare me that much...  :wink:

But that brings me to an interesting question: what was / is your favourite DLP advertisement?

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"But that brings me to an interesting question: what was / is your favourite DLP advertisement?

Well at the moment it's the 1min NeedMag?c advert simply because it's the advert DLRP has needed for so long to show everyone how great a resort it is.  I also love the 1995 Space Mountain advert aswell simply because it was so atmospheric and (at the time) amazing to watch!

Incase anyone doesn't know, you can find the audio from it on http://www.soundofmagic.com

I've got it on an old Disney Video (I can't remember which one), but i've never seen it online anywhere...  :(

flor

I love the latest need mag?c advert where Minnie is standing at the balcony of the castle. It's so typicall disney, but for the first time, they used the real French castle.

Anthony

Quote from: "flor"I love the latest need mag?c advert where Minnie is standing at the balcony of the castle. It's so typicall disney, but for the first time, they used the real French castle.

I never noticed that actually - it probably is one of the first adverts to actually properly use Le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant instead of a coloured-in Cinderella Castle or CGI/computer image!  :lol:

experiment627

Well, the Rock'n'Rollercoaster / Need Mag?c ad is quite cool -- I would have loved if they had done more stuff in that direction (= annoying little things that happen to you every day --> need magic?)... but unfortunately, the tv-"Need Mag?c"-adds are nothing too special to me... except for that RnR-one.  :wink:

The one for the opening of Space Mountain ("the wildest ride in the universe) was quite cool, too....

But my all time favourite, the one that litteraly melts my heart is the one ad, in which the little girl (about six years old) walks down the pavement of Main Street, U.S.A. together with her grandfather ("So This is Love" from Cinderella is playing the background). And you hear her thinking: "102?" "68?" "84?"... when she finally comes to this conclusion: "I don't know how old my grandpa is, but today he seems so much younger."

Aaaahhhh.... now THAT is magic  :wink:

Kristof

The one they included on the Disney VHS of '92...  Back then, I was always dreaming when I saw that one...

It's when Mickey, Donald and Goofy fly on stars through the gates of the castle... It featured only images from WDW, but it had such a nice Disney feeling...  Mmmm, memories...  :wink:

Anthony

Quote from: "experiment627"Well, the Rock'n'Rollercoaster / Need Mag?c ad is quite cool -- I would have loved if they had done more stuff in that direction

Oh yeah, i forgot about that one!  I really like that one because it appeals so much to young people (not kids for once) and the annoying musicians on the Metro are so true!  Unfortunately it hasn't been shown in the UK even though i know it would do really well to attract more people...

Do you remember the great WDS advert from last year?  It only played in France but it was very well made and showed all the action-packed parts of the studios.  It was so much better than the 2002 ad because it actually made you want to go there because it looked so cool!  I used to have it on my hard drive but i think that was my old PC, and i haven't been able to find it online since.  :(

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"Do you remember the great WDS advert from last year?  It only played in France but it was very well made and showed all the action-packed parts of the studios.

Can't really remember that one... sorry.

I just remembered another cool ad: you see this one family having fun at Disneyland, taking all these pictures. You see the rides. You see them laugh. You see them taking photos.
Then they return home, open up their camera - only to realize that there's no film inside!
Next you see the two children actually hiding the film that used to be in the camera inside a drawer - where a dozen other films are already collecting dust... --> the catch? Well, the parents have no other choice if they ever want to get any pictures, but to go back to Disneyland Paris!  :D

Anthony

That's actually a pretty good story for a DLRP advert!  Can you remember what year it was shown or if it was only shown in France because i never saw it...  :?

Kristof

Can't remember that one either... We received a videotape from a Flemish commercial television.  It contains all the DLRP adverts, starting from 1998.  :D   (The one with the balloon, the grandmother with the pencil, Indiana Jones, several christmas commercials, and the traffic jam and beach Need Magic)

experiment627

Quote from: "Baloo"That's actually a pretty good story for a DLRP advert!  Can you remember what year it was shown or if it was only shown in France because i never saw it...  :?

I know we have it on one of our Disney videos... I just can't remember which movie it was that featured that ad. Have to check it out when I make it back to my parents' (which could take a while - things here are currently as crazy as riding Small World all day while you're on acid and have a ukulele with you... yepp, THAT crazy).

Libby

Love the picture shown, the idea is very clever and original, should turn out to be a very good ad!  But one question, who or what is that pink thing standing next to Baloo? Looks like a character off an old childrens programme here in England called "Rainbow".

Libby
xxx