HKDL expansion update 2010-10-10

Started by michaellee, October 14, 2010, 06:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaellee

[youtube:2uxlpfek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfLDlWd8kQ&hd=1[/youtube:2uxlpfek]

Soap

that site looks huge?  :shock:
what's the overall plan for it???
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

dagobert

Quote from: "Soap"that site looks huge?  :shock:

That's the area where the lands "Mystic Point", "Grizzly Gulch" and "TSPL" are currently built.

Mystic Point will have a PM style attraction, while Grizzly Gulch will feature a rollercoaster like BTMRR or Expedition Everest.

Soap

Quote from: "dagobert"

That's the area where the lands "Mystic Point", "Grizzly Gulch" and "TSPL" are currently built.

Mystic Point will have a PM style attraction, while Grizzly Gulch will feature a rollercoaster like BTMRR or Expedition Everest.

That sounds like some nice adds to the HK parc!
But where's it placed? A bit of strange location it seems like this? Is the parc on the left side?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Scissorsboi

The area is on the other side of the train line, from what I can tell you'll head under the track at the Mystic Point end, walk through Grizzly Gulch and into Toy Story Playland when you can go back out under the track to the rest of the park.

I've always thought it's very strange that they've gone outside of the berm on this park so majorly!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

dagobert

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "dagobert"

That sounds like some nice adds to the HK parc!
But where's it placed? A bit of strange location it seems like this? Is the parc on the left side?

Here is some artwork: Taken from http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/ ... twork.html

TSPL:

Mystic Point:

Grizzly Trail:

Here is a map of HKDL with the expansion:

Taken from: http://parkthoughts.com/2009/07/03/hong ... ion-plans/

Soap

Wow, thx Dagobert! Looks great imho.
Hope to visit it one day in a combination trip to Tokio  :oops:

dagobert

Quote from: "Soap"Wow, thx Dagobert! Looks great imho.
Hope to visit it one day in a combination trip to Tokio  :oops:

Mystic Point and Grizzly Trail look really great. That's what I expect from Disney, but I'm sorry for HKDL that TSPL gets guilt in a Magic Kingdom style Disney park. It shouldn't be there.

Soap

I know what you mean, it isn't having the extra Disney sparkle. But i guess it will attract people nonetheless.
But thx for sharing all this again :)