Favourite Shop

Started by jeakat24, January 22, 2010, 08:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd throw this one out there, seeing as I can't find another post like it, but what everybody's favourite shop? I know that most of them sell the exact same things but I find that each one has a very different feel to in no matter where you are in the park.

My personal favourite is Harringtons on Main Street, it's just beautiful and I loved the way it's laid out.

What's yours?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

luke85

Ahh it's so hard to choose! Although I always do enjoy going to Thunder Mesa Merchantile Building. So I'll say that's my favourite for now...

I do love the shops of Main Street too! particularly the Storybook Store, Disney & Co. and Boardwalk Candy Palace! I Just remembered La Chaumière des Septs Nains in Fantasyland too, great store!

I'm rubbish at choosing favourites haha!

dagobert

My favorite shops are also the ones on Main Street, like the Emporium, the Boardwalk Candyp Palace or the Storybook Store.
The bad thing is that this shops are always very crowded and that's the reason why I buy my merchandise at the Walt Disney Studios Store. Most of the time this store is quiet and not very crowded.

pussinboots

I've spent sooo much time in those shops. (And yet bought so little...) The ones on Main Street are all spectacular, obviously. But right now I'd say the Boardwalk Candy Palace outshines them all, because it's the only one that is still treated with love and care and consistently outfitted with interesting, worthy products. Even if those products are candy. The most recent refurbishment was probably among the best ideas they've had in years, and it somehow got them to keep the quality up. Perhaps it's really lucrative?

The bottom line is, despite the many downgrades, they're all lovely, and thank heavens none of them has been converted into a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique yet.

Timbo

The shops on Main Street have some beautiful and amazing themeing , but I think my favourite is La Chaumiere des Sept Nains , I love the quaint , atmospheric style and the wonderful scene with the woodland creatures washing in the stream ,a perfect bit of themeing that we don't see much of anymore ! Compare it to the stores in the Studios and you know what I mean !!

jeakat24

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has a favourite!

Everyones posts have made me think "oh yeah I like that one too!" so now I'm finding it hard to stick to Harringtons! I also love the Disney Gallery in the Village, although I do wish they'd open up the walkway to the top, then perhaps it would become my new favourite!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

smurfy74

mine are the 2 stores in the studios as they are always the quietest and the cast members are always sooooo helpful

HildeKitten

Gosh that's a tough one.
I'd have to go with the shops in Main Street for the Victoriana theming, but I must say that Disney does a fabulous job theming most of their shops.

ToadWithPinkEyes

I seem to remember the shops in Discoveryland being quite cool when I was a kid. But that's maybe because I got a soft toy thumper from one of them!

Last visit I got a DLRP lighter from a shop in Frontierland. I like the Western theming of the shops there!