A car full of energy to Disneyland Paris?

Started by lil-shawn, January 05, 2010, 02:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil-shawn

Hey guy´s i found this link on DCP!

//http://www.parcsetcompagnie.com/2010/01/un-parking-plein-denergie-pour-disneyland-paris/

QuoteA car full of energy to Disneyland Paris?
Information which is currently circulating as EuroDisney SCA in partnership with EDF, is currently about to build the biggest photovoltaic power plant in France.

A study was made to cover the entire park visitor photovoltaic shade structures. Parking is more than 11000 people.

These nurseries are also equipped with a system for recovering rainwater.

It will not be a first in France because such facilities are already in southern France. Parking

No date yet but it seems that this is planned for 2010.

Hmm would be a good idea, DLP could save a lot of money for energy....

MagicKenny

It does look like a very energy efficient idea!
I don't know how much that will cost, but they can always start doing this where the busses park! That would be a great start! :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

luke85

That would be an awesome idea!

experiment627

Fascinating.

And I like the idea of adding some cover to the parking lot.

luke85

Quote from: "experiment627"Fascinating.

And I like the idea of adding some cover to the parking lot.

Very true, it would eliminate boiling hot cars at the end of a summer's day, that's for sure!

pussinboots

Great idea. Indeed, scorching summer days and enormous parking lots can be something of a combination, and surely they could stand to save a little on their electricity bill. I just hope it allows for a slightly more "Disney" design. Probably not, though.

experiment627

Quote from: "pussinboots"I just hope it allows for a slightly more "Disney" design. Probably not, though.

Personally, I would prefer the design they used for the prototype parking lot over the very tired looking tents (with their Disney touches) of DLP's lot.
Let's face it: even back in 1992, they were probably not the best designed aspect of the resort...

Anyway: the idea is practical and would generate some positive PR.
And maybe with EDF as sponsor they could get the moving sidewalks properly running... but then again, probably not.  :wink:

pussinboots

Quote from: "experiment627"
Quote from: "pussinboots"I just hope it allows for a slightly more "Disney" design. Probably not, though.

Personally, I would prefer the design they used for the prototype parking lot over the very tired looking tents (with their Disney touches) of DLP's lot.
Let's face it: even back in 1992, they were probably not the best designed aspect of the resort...

Anyway: the idea is practical and would generate some positive PR.
And maybe with EDF as sponsor they could get the moving sidewalks properly running... but then again, probably not.  :wink:

Oh yes, those tents are far from ideal. And in need of some serious cleaning, not to mention some new light bulbs. But Disney does have a certain flair with that type of quasi-themed architecture. Understated cheeriness would be a way to describe it. (Even modern-day Euro Disney manages it quite well, with that Val d'Europe style.) And it would be a shame if they disregarded that completely and planted one thousand of these things all of a sudden, without a single Disney touch. Especially with the existing tents next to them. It just wouldn't look very good.

mehdi5

It could also lead to a bit of re-designing in the parking area possibly. Maybe replace the tents with something else, Disney style of course but just something new and fresh to spice up the area, after when you go to Disney for a day it is the first area you get to.