3rd Quarter 2006 Financial Report

Started by Anthony, July 26, 2006, 12:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Good news, on the whole...

Revenues Announcement
Nine Months Ended June 30, 2006

• Third quarter revenues up 13% over the prior-year period, including the effect of the Easter vacation shift and increased attendance and occupancy
• Year-to-date revenues up 4% over the prior-year period, reflecting attendance and hotel occupancy growth
• Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast® opened April 8, 2006 to wide guest acclaim

(Marne-la-Vallée, July 26, 2006) Euro Disney S.C.A. (the "Company"), parent company of Euro Disney Associés S.C.A., operator of Disneyland Resort Paris, announced today that total revenues for its consolidated group (the "Group") grew 13% to € 286.6 million over the prior-year quarter, reflecting 15% growth in Resort Segment revenues due to theme park revenue growth of 18% and revenue growth of 14% for the Hotels and Disney Village. Revenues from the Real Estate Segment decreased € 3.7 million versus the prior-year quarter. Revenues for the nine months ended June 30, 2006 increased 4% to € 754.0 million.

Karl L. Holz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S., said:

"I am pleased with year-to-date revenues and especially with third quarter's, as well as with the success of the opening of Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast®, the first step of our multi-year investment program. These results reflect the Group's strategy of increasing growth through innovative marketing and sales efforts as well as a multi-year investment program. This performance is encouraging as we enter into the important summer months."

Revenues for the Quarter Ended June 30, 2006

Total revenues increased 13% to € 286.6 million compared to the prior-year amount of € 254.1 million. The increase is driven by stronger attendance in the theme parks and hotel occupancy, partially offset by a slight decrease in hotel spending per room due to special vacation package offers.

The Resort Segment revenues increased by 15% versus the prior-year period. As communicated in the Company's press release dated April 27, 2006 on first half 2006 results, the Easter vacation period occurred during the second quarter in fiscal year 2005 and in the third quarter of fiscal year 2006, partially contributing to the year-over-year growth of the third quarter.

Full report: http://www.eurodisney.com/data/284.pdf

Any thoughts?

Sam

Nothing but good news. Not sure what caused the sudden increase. The new advert campaign wasn't running back then. Is it Buzz? Probably, but a bit odd...

Anthony

The new brochure probably helped, and I bet the Billet Francilien (discounted ticket for people near the resort) helped loads.  Believe In Your Dreams started in March in the UK, so this probably did help - people decide to go to DLRP at quite short notice, it's not something they plan a year in advance like a WDW trip.  I suppose DLRP has that as an advantage, in a way.

Also things like better cross-promotion with Disney films (Narnia, Chicken Little, maybe even a build up to Pirates) may have done the resort some good.  Disney itself has been getting much better lately, and this probably reflects well on guests' decision to visit the resort.

I agree it's odd that Buzz might have caused the increase, since they hardly advertised it at all.  It got, what? One line in the brochure?  Weird...

Sam

Believe In Your Dreams has only just started over here (= Belgium), and you have to be a real tv-nut and watch 24/7 to see the ad (I've only seen the Peter Pan ad twice).

I agree that after al those promotions and advertisement the most new visitors are probably French. I'm looking forward to the annual report because of the 'breakdown of attendance by country' information. Maybe the French will finally reach the 50% mark (not that I'm in favour of that).

Kristof

QuoteI've only seen the Peter Pan ad twice

That's the only one that was shown here.

Dlrpfan

well if Karl is pleased im pleased! :wink:
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012