[DLR] Man jumps from 14th floor of Disneyland Hotel

Started by Remco K., May 03, 2008, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco K.

QuoteANAHEIM, Calif. (Map, News) - Police say a man is dead after jumping from the 14th floor of the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim.

Sgt. Rick Martinez said the man jumped around 11 a.m. Friday from his balcony on the hotel's south tower.

Martinez says an investigation is under way, but all indications are the death was a suicide.

He would not say if a suicide note was found in the room.

Martinez says the man was in Anaheim on business and was sharing the room with a male co-worker.

The hotel is just blocks from Disneyland and California Adventure and attracts theme park visitors.
Source: Examiner.com

Terrible, just terrible. Not only because it happened here. It's always tragic when someone suicides at a location where he/she's easily to be seen. Not only the person ends his/her live, but also brings shock to others.

Javey74

Quote from: "Remko K."Terrible, just terrible. Not only because it happened here. It's always tragic when someone suicides at a location where he/she's easily to be seen. Not only the person ends his/her live, but also brings shock to others.
This is absolutely sick if it was suicide.  :twisted: [-X

If you're going to commit suicide, Disneyland is a no-no.  :!:  

The whole idea of a fun and magical family day out, does not include someone jumping off a 14th floor, possibly just in front of you, lying in a pool of blood.  Think of the disturbed memories of the children visiting Disneyland after an event like this happens.  :shock:  :shock:

Stories like these really get to me.  Ok suicides like this are common, for all different reasons, but Disneyland of all places.

Goes to show, how reality can creep into a Disney Park in a most disturbing form, just as most of the guests are trying to get away from it.  :shock:

MinniesBestPal

I just wish, if they were gonna do it, of all the places in the world, PLEASE DON'T DO IT IN DISNEYLAND!

1. It scares young children! (and probably older children...I know I'd be scared!)

2. It ruins the atmosphere with all the ambulance's, police vans, etc.

3. It ruins everybodies holiday! People go to Disneyland for magic, and freedom of the real world...

anthonysprincess

well this is pretty shocking in some ways and certainly sad, but those of you saying shame on him must remember that in order to commit suicide he was extremely emotionally disturbed-thats the only way people actually go through with this sort of thing, im sure that is why it happened and not just he didnt think of the fact he was in disneyland, it probably just was so far from his mind as everything must be when you do this. its just plain a tradgedy.

EDIT: I cannot say more because I dont want to argue with anyone :D Let's just say I had battled with depression myself and I know what this state of mind is like and if you have not experienced it you cannot know and therefore probably cannot make a fair judgement. Yes you can say he is insensitive to do this but really you are insensitive to the issue at hand if you don't understand what Im talking about. Its fine though. I really dont want to argue.

MinniesBestPal

I don't care how much depression I go through, I don't think I'll EVER have the guts to do that...

But yeah, his life must have been a complete misery!

Javey74

Quote from: "anthonysprincess"well this is pretty shocking in some ways and certainly sad, but those of you saying shame on him must remember that in order to commit suicide he was extremely emotionally disturbed that's the only way people actually go through with this sort of thing, Im sure that is why it happened and not just he didn't think of the fact he was in Disneyland, it probably just was so far from his mind as everything must be when you do this. its just plain a tradgedy.
I agree that he must have been emotionally disturbed, but you would still know where you are when committing suicide, the act of suicide involves a certain amount of factual sanity, just not enough.  :shock:

For example, if this person had lost the love of their life at Disneyland through one reason or another, and could not live on, and so committed suicide, no matter what mental derangement they are under they would still be aware they are committing suicide in Disneyland, even if they weren't aware of the implications that would bring.  

Also if they were going to commit suicide, what was wrong with just taking pills. At least they would have been found in their room, which is better than jumping off a balcony, given the location. This is still a factual judgement.  :shock:  

That's my own opinion anyway  :shock:

Owain

This poor man must have been so depressed to commit suicide, my thoughts are with his family and friends. I dont think he did this on purpose, i guess it was just the time and place  :(

And not being disrespectful but techinically he jumped from the 13 floor, in california they miss out 13 because its an unlucky number. I read it on wiki, still such very sad news  :cry: