parade director?

Started by nemo1981, December 05, 2008, 02:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo1981

Hi!

I have a question, can anyone here tell me from which place the parades in disneyland park are directed? is there a room in one of the main street houses? i guess there needs to be someone who gives the official "go" everyday...

and how do the floats work? are there people sitting in the floats and driving them,or are they operated by these castmembers that always talk in their walkie talkies during the parades? it must be really difficult,especially during the nighttime fantillusion....

ford prefect

If i remeber correctly the parade and most of the park is controlled from a building behind Its A small World.

The Studios Control Room is in Studio One above the Gas Station
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Willow

Floats are driven by someone inside. If you look closely you can see the wire mesh were they look out from their driving position. Cannot comment on Fantilusion but I presume its the same.

I guess the CM's on the walkie talkies have contact with the drivers and also parade control e.g. for mechanical issues etc. They also use their light sticks to tell the drivers when to stop for show stops etc.

MinnieMouse

When I was on the parade, we wait outside in our floats behind the gates from Fantasyland, where the Parade Route starts. The CM next the floats waits for the signal in their walkie talkie from the "Parade Director" inside the Parc.

When the "ok" was come, the music starts and the Parade go on ...... So it was the whole Parade, if we was to close to the next float, a CM get a signal too to regulate it .....

Alexandra
(Sorry again for my bad english)

zanderstarz

Most of the sound for the whole park, including land ambience, central plaza shows, happenings, fireworks and parades for the Disneyland Park are controlled by the Parade Central office located inside the 'Its a Small World' show building.

hope this helps.
~ just like we dreamed it ~

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "zanderstarz"Most of the sound for the whole park, including land ambience, central plaza shows, happenings, fireworks and parades for the Disneyland Park are controlled by the Parade Central office located inside the 'Its a Small World' show building.

hope this helps.
Why don't they use a building in Mainstreet USA?

dademo82

Main Street buildings are used for other backstage activities such a cafeteria for cast member, offices, break-rooms, training classes...

Javey74

The Control Room is located as Letter E on this Google Earth image.  Built onto the back of the main 'It's a Small World Building', shown here as letter F.  You will also find 'Le Studio' located there aswell.. :wink:  :D

The WDS Control Room is upstairs at the back of Studio 1.. :wink:  :D

WaltDisneyFanBoy

Quote from: "dademo82"Main Street buildings are used for other backstage activities such a cafeteria for cast member, offices, break-rooms, training classes...
I did not know that. Thanks

never2old

What are the other buildings in your picture, Javey?

andrewg112

Thats really cool, id love to do a job like that someday!!
-Andrewg112-
We can achieve our dreams, if we have enough courage to persue them!

Javey74

Quote from: "never2old"What are the other buildings in your picture, Javey?
Take a look at this thread never2old.. :wink:  :D

viewtopic.php?p=98492#p98492

never2old

Quote from: "Javey74"
Quote from: "never2old"What are the other buildings in your picture, Javey?
Take a look at this thread never2old.. :wink:  :D

viewtopic.php?p=98492#p98492

Ah, thanks Javey!