New toppings bars at Videopolis

Started by Patrick, June 06, 2008, 09:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Well I know this is not exactly the most amazing addition to the land, but look what the food bars look like in the Videopolis now :o

Photos: Joel

It definately does feel as though finally they know what people want in this land :) .

Kristof

That's amazing, and no Pixar involved!!

Wasn't there a similar one like that on opening date?  Does anyone know how that one looked like?

Riebi

Wow! It´s sooo great to see some real discoveryland theming!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Incredible. Just pure wow. Where did they come from? Where did they find the budget?!

Why couldn't WDI have had this kind of mindset when they added Mission 2 and Buzz to the land? Hopefully this is a sign they realised (perhaps with Tower of Terror) that a good theme tying everything together is more important than shoehorning in the latest Pixar character or trying to make everything "relevant".  The simple rule: If something's fun and unique, it's relevant.

These are fun, and very very unique. :mrgreen:

(Although when I first saw them, I nearly had a heart attack thinking two of the Main Street vehicles have been recycled. Either that or two cars from Stars & Motor Cars (less of a heart attack) Tell me I'm wrong, though..?)

britincgn

Quote from: "raptor1982"That's amazing, and no Pixar involved!!

Wasn't there a similar one like that on opening date?  Does anyone know how that one looked like?

There was a similar one although I cannot remember how it looked ,it was certainly similar but unfortunatly all my fotos from that period have been stolen (possibly if my memory serves me right something with suitcases)

Maarten

Wow, how unexpected! These cars are very much in style with the Victorian future theme (notice the use of the original Hyperion logo aswell!). Like Baloo said, why didn't the Imagineers have this mindset while designing Space Mountain: Mission 2, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast or Cool Station? Hopefully we will see more of these kind of appropriate themed additions throughout the parks, especially in Disoveryland. Its great to see them investing money in these kind of small additions, especially when they are done in a good way. Way to go Disney!  =D>

Malin

Quote from: "Baloo"These are fun, and very very unique. :mrgreen:

(Although when I first saw them, I nearly had a heart attack thinking two of the Main Street vehicles have been recycled. Either that or two cars from Stars & Motor Cars (less of a heart attack) Tell me I'm wrong, though..?)

I think you could be right Baloo, although I don't recall where there could be from originally. But it makes sense to sometimes keep some of the old props lying around backstage as you never know where there could be used. The old Dumbo float makes a great chraracter express train for the 15th don't you think.

Anthony

Quote from: "Malin"I think you could be right Baloo, although I don't recall where there could be from originally. But it makes sense to sometimes keep some of the old props lying around backstage as you never know where there could be used. The old Dumbo float makes a great chraracter express train for the 15th don't you think.
Yeah, Disney are quite good at this sort of thing, and usually re-decorate the thing in question well enough that most people can never tell.

I was thinking the first one might be the Omnibus (I've not seen it for years, not sure about anyone else), but it doesn't match. They must have just found some old cars going cheap, or watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang too many times. :wink:

Kristof

They're probably build by the same company that did the Coca-Cola truck in Main Street.  That's brand new too...

pussinboots

I agree with everyone.

They had this in them all this time? Even when they were butchering Space Mountain and shoehorning in Buzz without any regard for its surroundings?

The cars really are perfect, embodying that retrofuturistic theme to a T.

disney-dan

But, the most important question is, what are the toppings like? If they taste like recycled sheep s**t then they can take them away again :lol:
Have a Magical day!!

DD

Kristof

Quote from: "disney-dan"But, the most important question is, what are the toppings like? If they taste like recycled sheep s**t then they can take them away again :lol:

Mind your language please.  [-X

disney-dan

i didnt swear, its starred out! :lol:
Have a Magical day!!

DD

Disneydavid

Hmm , you know I am a reporter so I can film these things if you guys and girls like it?

DLP MP3 - The only podcast with onrides RIGHT from the Resort! With ToT ,SM:M2 , Crush\'s Coaster , Star Tours, Peter Pan,  Stitch Live , Panoramique , BTM  and Pirates of the Carribbean! !
For iTunes ] and MP3!

Newest episode.... Toy Story Playland The Tour and Rc RACER!

DGRavenswood

Well... the Imagineers in charge of these smaller additions are part of Disneyland Paris Imagineering, located at Val d'Europe, while SM:M2 and Buzz were done by WDI Glendale. So don't get your hopes up about WDI being back on track, but it is comforting to know that there still are people at Disney who "get it."
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke