Hommi's trip 7th-9th dec.

Started by Hommi16, December 11, 2007, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hommi16

Hey every dlrp fan out there! Here's my report of the last trip I went...
Expect the Unexpected
I'll add some pics the during the next few days.

1st night+ 1st day at park
We (Andi (my dad), Patrick (brother) and I) started Thursday around 8 pm 30 km south of Vienna, so we had about 1200 km to drive with will took us about 11-12 hours. We picked up ma girlfriend (Lene) in Linz at 10:15 and continued our trip. We crossed the Austria-Germany border about one hour later.
Weather was very bad this time,  alot of rain, which made it impossible to drive that fast we wanted to drive. After 4 hours driving it was my fathers turn and I finally got some sleep. He continued for about 400 km before it was my turn again. I passed over the french boarder around 4am and continued till Metz.
Time for another change, cause I got really tired after 200km. My dad drove the car for another 250km before we finally changed for the last time. Only 35km to drive, but I always wanted to drive down the disney boulevard and into the hotel on my own :lol: ....
At 7.30 we finally reached out Hotel Santa Fe, where we have been once before (Christmas 05). Checked in and even got our room cards, which we were very happy about, cause nobody actually would be happy to get our bags into the room after a long day at the park. Got some breakfast (Not that much available as in New York, but we knew that) and brought our bags into our room and set out for Magic Kingdom.
Passed Village and had the first look at Tot which looked absolutely amazing. We saw him about 3 times during  the construction time, so nearly the whole construction was still in our minds. Entered at Magic Hours entrance and finally we arrived in our "home". Made our way to SMM2 and had a first ride on it. Love it as always. Did Buzz. can't beat my brother, its really impossible.
Did SMM and buzz again and went to Fantasyland. Did Peter Pan, which we know wouldn't be possible during normal opening, without waiting for 60 minutes or so.... Did Le carousel de Lancelot, which we only had done once (back in 1994).
Waited 10 minutes for the official park opening to do POTC. Its really unbelievable a find deatils everytime I ride it, although a have been on for about 50 times. Did Indiana Jones (theres really enough space for a new Indy
attraction) and went to Frontierland to do Phantom Manor. Weather at this time was really nice. Less clouds and about 10C. Had a great first hot dog, I really love it. Then we walked over to the Walt Disney Studios, to check out the new attractions. We were really fascinated about the new design. It really looks that much better, with the whole Hollywood boulevard design. We did Crush's (waiting time only 30 minutes). We really loved it. It's one of our favourites attractions now. It was that unexpected. I didn't inform myself much about the new attractions, because I always want to do it without knowing how it will be.
The first drop is really amazing. A GREAT attraction. Did Cinemagique, which we always love. Because of my girlfriend (she hadn't seen it before) we sat next to the mobile phone ringing guy. She really made big eyes :shock:  amazing.
Also like the band which played before. Afterwards we did RNRC and Arts of Disney Animation. The weather this time wasn't that good anymore. Still warm but rain and wind from time to time. Did Animagique... Love it,the songs are great but it could be longer IMO. Did Crush's again 2 times and went back to Magic Kingdom cause it was 5.30 already. Went back to MK and checked out some stores. Did SMM2 again and left park at 6.30. Went to McDonalds to get something to eat which we finally really need. Back in our room and get a really good sleep...

2nd day 8th dec.
Got up at 7.30. And got some breakfast around 8.00. Took the wrong breakfast card sunday instead of saturday, so had to run the way back to our room :cry:.
Again made our way to park and did SMM2 and Buzz again. at 10 all other attractions opened and so we did Star Tours. Have done it that often, so I just need it for one time. 20 minutes to wait at 10.30!!! we didn't expect that. By the time we came back the park was already well filled. waitnig queues seemed to explode. SMM2 90 minutes, Buzz 60 min. Peter Pan 90 min., Pinocchio 90 min.
:shock: :shock:  :shock: never seen that before for PINOCCHIO. Got some fastpass for BTM. Walked around the park checked out some shops and waited for our fastpass times. We wanted to eat somewhere, but all restaurants were packed. Did BTM 2 times (there have been 2 places free in the first row so they asked me and my grilfreind to drive again :lol: ) and went to Village at around 2.45. It stated to rain really haevy on our way.Wanted to eat at McDo again, but was really packed again, was really mad this time. So just a short hot dog and back to WDS. Did Crush 75 min. waiting, which were just 60 min. Then our big time had come. I know that the whole weekend Tot would be open for annual pass holders. We walked trough the entrance. I saw that they only let people with passes in and wanted to go on, but my dad wanted to wait. The hell I don't know why but he just wanted to stay. Suddenly people without passes walked trough the door and at this second one of the CMs shouted OPEN for all. We went in and finally after 100 pictures and filming everything we did ToT. Just one word absolutely unbelievable. I didn't do it before, cause we have only been to dlrp so far so I didn't know what to expect. It was great when the elevator droped for the first time I screamed like a little child. It was so great. Thanks to my dad that he wanted to stay. It really saved our day. We were all in really bad mood because of the bad weather and the packed park. But it really brought our mood from -100 to 120. We did it again, but about 10 people after us they closed it again, so I think there weren't that much people who had the chance to do it twice, except of course the AP holder. But some things at the Shop (Booth pins, shirt, Tot goofy, key ring, Lobby bell (sry don't know what it's called in english) postcard). The second time we had to wait for about 1 hour. Most of the queue is outside and without a roof :cry: which is really a disadvantage. We didn't mind cause our mood was that high even a blizzard couldn't destroy it. After ToT we went back to MK to watch Candleabration, liked it, but it was short, because it was still raining so Mickey and Co. didn't come out. Did HISTA and some other attractions... park wasn't that full anymore, as always after fantillusion. Eat a burger at Videopolis. Love it to do the burger on my own.
Ride SMM 2 and Buzz again and went back, after a shopping stop at Main Street and Village,  to Hotel. Went to bed at around 0.00.

3rd day+driving home :cry:  :evil:  :cry: Got up at 7 am and packed our things in my car. Got some breakfast and went to park at 8... Did again SMM and Buzz and waited for the opening of Frontierland to do BTM. After taht my dad went to Hotel, checked out and drove to Hotel NY that we don't have to walk that far before driving home 8). We did Indiana and waited at Fronierland shop for my dad. We watched Mickes Winterwonderland show, which we still love. After that went to WDS. Eat a hot dog *still love it* wanted to do Tram Tour, was closed. Did Armageddon and waited at restaurant till we can go to RNRC with fastpass. Parade passed by and we went on the track. After leaving the coaster my dad and I had a strange feeling that ToT will be open for all people again in a few minutes. It was around 16.00, a lot of people left WDS so perfect time for them to test it again. So we went over to ToT, but not open yet. We waited for about 5 minutes. Suddenly.....OPEN for all, my dad later told me that there has been a lot of whisper, thats why he wanted to wait again. Did ToT again 2 times. Great...
Back to MK for OUADP it still rained. Saw it for the first time. Really amazing.
Floats are really nice and I really love that finally there's also a Toy Story float. After Parade we went back to WDS (a lot of walking today) and did Crush for the last time. It was still raining. We did it twice and then said goodbye to the WDS, but it won't be for a long time we will be back in June :D . We didn't do Cars, cause it always rained when we have been ther and although it looks very nice we didn't do it.
Went back to MK. Wanted to eat at Pizza outpost...closed, wanted to eat at Cowboy Cookout...closed. ate at Fuente del Oro.... good chili :wink:. Park was really empty this time and weather also was much nicer than before. Did BTM (as always great at night), Indiana (weren't allowed to stay for a second ride, although attraction was empty :evil: ) POTC (said goodbye to my pirate friends) IASW (lovely as always) SMM2 (c u in June my friend) and finally Buzz (lost again :cry: ).
Walked trough Main Street but last Merchandising stuff and left the Park :cry: .
Bought also last things at Village and went to NY... love this hotel. Get into the car and off to highway.
Started with driving, after about 10 km everybody except me was sleeping. Drove for about 4 hours... weather was really bad. Then changed. my father was in really good mood now, so he drove till home. Arrived at around 11am.

It was a really nice trip again. ToT of course was the best. The new attractions are really an enrichmetn for DLRP. After 3 times in winter I really look forward being there during summertime again. Can't wait.
I hope you like my report. Please excuse my english, I know it isn't the best,.
but I really tried to ao it as good as possible....

Finally here are the pictures: http://www.kodakgallery.at/Slideshow.js ... jsp%3Fmode%
quality isn't the best at all, but the conditions weren't always the best for our cam. :cry:  :D
but I think some pics aren't bad[/img]
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Haz

Excellent report and thanks for sharing, it was nice to hear you went on TOT 4 TIMES, thats amazing. I am looking forward to going on it next year with my youngest son,he was too young when we were at florida three years ago.

Again,thanks for sharing your trip.
All the Best,

Haz

Mr_B

Great report Hommi16 - I always admire any family that puts in some serious driving for their family to have a great time at DLRP.

Don't worry about your english it was a great read and had really got me in the mood for our next trip.

I'm glad you had a great time :-)

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

The Butlin Boy

Great report, thanks for posting it. You got to TOT without having an AP :o , you are unbelievably lucky, sorry about the bad weather though. Have you taken any pictures, I'm sure I'm not the only member who would like to see them if you have :)

Hommi16

Thanks for your answers so far. Was great to write the report too.. so no problem hehe :D

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Great report, thanks for posting it. You got to TOT without having an AP :o , you are unbelievably lucky, sorry about the bad weather though. Have you taken any pictures, I'm sure I'm not the only member who would like to see them if you have :)

Yeah have a lot of photos. Said my dad he should photograph every detail of the lobby cellar etc. Will post them tomorrow. Didn't have that time today....
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Parkfisch

Quote from: "Hommi16"We (Andi (my dad), Patrick (brother), Lene (girlfriend) and I) started . We picked up ma girlfriend .....

into the room

Do you really mean ONE room ?
Are there rooms with 5 beds at Hotel Santa Fe ? I don't think so.  :-k
When I read your report for the first time I thought that Lene is your girlfriend and then I was wondering when you told us that you picked up your girlfriend in Linz and I got bad minds about you, but then I recognized that Lene seems to be the girlfriend of your brother. So I guess you had more than just one room?!

Anyway:
Great you could ride the Tower of Terror !  :D

Hommi16

Quote from: "Parkfisch"
Quote from: "Hommi16"We (Andi (my dad), Patrick (brother), Lene (girlfriend) and I) started . We picked up ma girlfriend .....

into the room

Do you really mean ONE room ?
Are there rooms with 5 beds at Hotel Santa Fe ? I don't think so.  :-k
When I read your report for the first time I thought that Lene is your girlfriend and then I was wondering when you told us that you picked up your girlfriend in Linz and I got bad minds about you, but then I recognized that Lene seems to be the girlfriend of your brother. So I guess you had more than just one room?!

Anyway:
Great you could ride the Tower of Terror !  :D

haha :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
no we were just 4 people, lene is my girlfriend... and yes its a bit confusing.... so just dad bro girlfriend and me :D
jep tot was great

changed it now....
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

I luv trip reports and really enjoyed this one H. Look forward to the pix.

10-12 hours driving_________Phew :shock:

I get itchy just flying from Norwich and that only takes 1 hour and a bit. :)

Epcot_Boy :santa:

David

Hommi16

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy":hello:

I luv trip reports and really enjoyed this one H. Look forward to the pix.

10-12 hours driving_________Phew :shock:

I get itchy just flying from Norwich and that only takes 1 hour and a bit. :)

Hehe, yeah that long drive can be really hard from time to time, but it is the easiest and cheapest way to stay in the park for as long as possible.
Pics are on right now, just check the link after the report. 8)
dec. 23rd-jan 2nd WDW

Dlrpfan

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy":hello:

Thats me getting up in the morning :P
Great report Hommi16
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

The Butlin Boy

Great photos Hommi16, thanks for sharing them :)

Parkfisch

Quote from: "Hommi16"that long drive can be really hard from time to time, but it is the easiest and cheapest way.

I tried plane, car, bus and train and I prefer the train.
Vienna to Strasbourg: € 29,--
Strasbourg direct to Marne-La-Vallée: € 10,--
Arriving time at 10 a.m.
Duration from Strasbourg to Disneyland: 2 hours ( 400 km distance ).

If you really go in June: Maybe it's the last chance:
viewtopic.php?t=3741
(highly recomended)

ightenhill

In the UK with our fuel price, that drive would cost more in fuel than flying  :!: 1st class  :D

great report look forward to the pics.
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Epcot_Boy

:hello:

Enjoyed the pix H, especially Main Street.

Thanx for sharing :)

David