Single Parent Photo Help

Started by kathleengaza, August 27, 2017, 09:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathleengaza

My son and I are having out first visit to Paris and Disney in October, all the way from Australia. It will be just the two of us, and I want to get a couple of pictures where we are actually together, so I wondered if there are usually people around who are happy to take a photo if asked? In Australia it is common practice to offer to take a photo so someone in the group doesn't have to miss out, but I wondered if other guests at Disney are as willing? I especially want one of us in front of our hotel, in front of the park etc.

Also, does the same apply in Paris? As we are also doing an Eiffel Tower tour and river cruise and it would be great to get a photo of the two of us in front of the Eiffel Tower especially.

Thanks.

claire2281

The language barrier might be an issue but if you can hear an English speaker around you I'm sure they'd be willing to do it. It's hardly unheard of over here.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

pinkprincesspins

I do this all the time. If someone doesn't speak English a gesture with the camera and a smile generally does the trick too. And ask cast members you see. Also selfies - don't be afraid to just sit on the floor next to him (depending on age and size I suppose, my little boy was 4 when we went so if i sat and he stood we were about the same height).
There are definite difficulties that I experienced being a single mum at DLP but overall it was magical and I've already booked to go again! If you need any help or tips planning etc just message me :)
ppp xx

kathleengaza

Thanks for the answers guys, I appreciate it.

Amiletta

This forum is sooo helpful.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

polar vixen

Photopass if bought in advance esp. Is a really good deal as youd get all yohr ride photos of you together and also and character meet and greets with a photopass photographer