Planning a December visit

Started by MinniesTeaParty, October 10, 2017, 10:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinniesTeaParty

I'm planning a second visit to DLP this December. I'm getting ready to make dining reservations for the first time. Our first trip in May we didn't make reservations because it seemed ridiculous to have to call at our expense from the US. We did book Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show which you can book online and loved it. But otherwise we ate snacks we packed with Starbucks for breakfast and thought we would do walk up at restaurants in the park only to find that everything had weird hours or was closed entirely. We subsisted on popcorn and a hotdog for the rest of our three days.

I want this trip to be very different. How long should it take to call and book restaurants so I know how much it will likely cost? Are there hours for restaurants anywhere? Our 4 year old daughter is used to going to pretty fancy restaurants and eats a variety of foods, but is there anywhere she couldn't go? I notice Walt's doesn't seem to have a children's menu. Any favorite restaurants? Any advice on when to plan meals around Christmas parades and entertainment schedules on December weekdays? Thoughts on doing a character meal? Thanks for any dining advice.

polar vixen

we really enjoy the buffets - plaza gardens and billy bobs. if money is no option definitely auberge de cendrillon. and bistrot chez remy has a fantastic setting. as far as booking...from the us I couldn't say. I believe booking line is open 24 hours..... we found if we phoned during the day we could be on hold for over 40 minutes....I phoned at 10:30 at night and got through in 5, so try calling outside of daytime times.

bad-pink-tink

You dont need to worry about international phone charges to ring the Disneyland Paris Ding Reservations. All you have to do is ring the number for Walt Disney World in Florida and ask to be transferred to Disneyland Paris Dining Reservations. I am on another Disney forum and many USA people have done this. If they say its not possible just hang up and try again. It is possible, the person who answered the phone is just not aware or does not want to do an international transfer!

It is best to ring during French business hours. For example 10am Paris time is 1am LA time, 4am New York time.

Disneyland Paris ADR open 60 days from arrival.

This is the best place to check restaurant opening hours https://disneykindofday.blogspot.ie/2015/04/restaurant-opening-hours-disneyland.html

You can check the restaurant menus here http://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/dining each restaurant should have the menus listed

When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

MinniesTeaParty

Thank you for the help with how to call for reservations. I need to do it tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts on how best to time reservations for December around parades and early closing times?

DisneyGeorgie

Hello ,
I'd recommended rainforest cafe although it's not a fancy restaurant the setting is brilliant it even includes a 'thunderstorm' and animals that move . It used to be my favourite restaurant when I was younger and Im pretty gutted I didn't do it two weekends ago instead I went to Annette's diner and although the burgers and chips are good and you see waiters on roller blades I didn't find the service that good as there was a massive que yet plenty of seats. Auberge de Cendrillon Is a restaurant I only went to once around 2007 I think I was 6  at the time and I remember not eating any of the food because it only had vegetable options and very small amounts of food. However , I did love meeting the princesses and I remember dressing up too. It is a fancy restaurant and I would recommend it however I'd check the menu on the dlp website before you book as it is a lot of money. The steak house is also a nice restaurant and although it is what I would say a more adult restaurant the food there is amazing. I also went to the lucky nugget which is in Frontierland and it was a buffet with meet n greet. Although I think they  refurbished it  so I'm not sure if it still is buffet service. As for when to go I would say if you are booking it before you arrive then book it before or after the parade ( most restaurants in the park close when the park does) as that's when the rides are less busy and the ques  can be a nightmare. I hope that makes sense.  i know you can't make reservations on the day as we tried that at rainforest cafe and they said they don't take reservation but their least busiest time is 7. The only thing I remember making a reservation for  was Auberge de Cendrillon as it's a popular restaurant.

I hope you and your family have a lovely time at Disney
December 2004 - Newport Bay Club
December 2005 - Newport Bay Club
December 2006 - Newport Bay Club
December 2007 - Newport Bay Club
December 2008 - Newport Bay Club
November 2009 - Newport Bay Club
December 2010 - Newport Bay Club
November 2011 - Newport Bay Club
December 2012 - Newport Bay Club
January     2014 - Newport Bay Club
February   2017 - Vienna Dream Castle