Supermarket?

Started by gb1983, September 01, 2017, 03:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb1983

is there a supermarket where I can pick up supplies.

Breakfast is not included  on our stay and we do not have a fridge in our room apparently so there goes the idea of buying milk and cereal so my daughter can have breakfast before we hit the mark and save a bit of money

Zee79

We usually take uht milk and leave it by the window or somewhere it's cool and it lasts us, or porridge pots that you add water to. Val d'europe is probably close for supplies it will depend where you are staying. Otherwise the petrol station at the santa Fe could be an option.

gb1983

We are staying at the Newport Bay hotel in October

We will do the character breakfast one morning.

AJDisney

Auchen in Val D'Europe was 8 Euro each way with an Uber when I went back in June.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Mushu_Stitch

We are taking UHT milk as well. We are getting one 500ml carton per day which will cover 3 of us for breakfast and a few cups of tea in the morning and then whatever is left (if any) will be chucked. Means we open a fresh one each day, not have to worry about a lack of fridge and there's minimal waste. If you buy them before you leave you can pick those up for less than £1 per carton so really cheap. Just need a solid container so they don't get crushed and explode in the suitcase while travelling  ;D

whatsupanders

Quote from: AJDisney on September 01, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
Auchen in Val D'Europe was 8 Euro each way with an Uber when I went back in June.
¨

The bus is free

AJDisney

There is a bus?! Where do you get it from?

Staying in Cheyenne in just over a week, and out plan was to dump luggage in the hotel (as we arrive before check in!), then got o Auchen to get it all out of the way before we go to the parks!
December 2018 - Santa Fe
April 2019 - Off-site

gb1983

I was told there was a supermarket at the train station is this not the case?

AJDisney

Quote from: gb1983 on September 02, 2017, 10:47:31 PM
I was told there was a supermarket at the train station is this not the case?

There is a small store, but it's extremely overpriced and has a lack of options.
December 2018 - Santa Fe
April 2019 - Off-site

Pete's Dragon

if memory serves, the yellow #55 bus will take you to val d'europe. now I only took it as far as the Adagio Aparthotel (where we stayed) which is the opposite side of the mall from Auchan and a 10-15min walk away; not a fun return trip with groceries. I think the bus goes on to the Hotel Elysse but where that is in relation to the main entrance I'm not sure.

If you're buying a lot €8 for a taxi is reasonable, and your arms will thank you