Restaurant questions

Started by missgoddess, April 20, 2017, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missgoddess

Hi all! First time poster  :)

I'm a planning a trip for Feb 18 and already started an inventory! I am going to book a premium hb meal plan but only need four restaurant selections. I have a short list but have some questions and want feedback so I can select the best ones. I have already read some trip advisor reviews but would like some feedback from you guys! We are two adults travelling with no kids. We want good food with Disney magic!

1. Cendrillion (how often do they change the menu?)

2. Remys (can we order from the plus menu if we have the premium plan?)

3. Blue lagoon (can we order a la carte with premium meal plan?)

4. Walts (can we order a la carte with premium meal plan?)

5. Inventions (what sorts of things are on the buffet and is it worth giving up a night in a "proper" restaurant for this?)

6. Buffalo bills (pretty certain we will go here but wanted to check, are the bangs from the gun show loud and are there any other explosions?)

So can you answer my questions or give me your views on the best ones to visit? Thanks!!!

bluelady

Can't help as I am only booking my first trip, but following as we will also be a no kids couple looking for good dining experiences.

seraphelle

1. Cendrillion (how often do they change the menu?)

Not sure sorry, I've eaten there twice I think and I'm sure the menu was the same both times.

2. Remys (can we order from the plus menu if we have the premium plan?)

No idea, sorry. I think perhaps if you have a voucher that covers more than the cost, yes, if you have a voucher that covers less than the cost, you can use it and maybe pay the difference in cash? Someone will hopefully be able to answer that for you with more confidence.

3. Blue lagoon (can we order a la carte with premium meal plan?)

No idea. Never got to eat there because I have an awkward family LOL

4. Walts (can we order a la carte with premium meal plan?)

I believe so.

5. Inventions (what sorts of things are on the buffet and is it worth giving up a night in a "proper" restaurant for this?)

In my opinion, yes. The food is gorgeous and there is plenty of it. Ranges from cold meats / cheese / shellfish / salad / nachos starter type things, lots of hot dishes (seabass risotto, lots of meat, lots of veg cooked different ways) and quite a bit for kids too, and a lush desserts section with lots of cakes / fruits / yogurts / jellies, etc.

6. Buffalo bills (pretty certain we will go here but wanted to check, are the bangs from the gun show loud and are there any other explosions?)

The gun sounds aren't that loud, and I don't remember any explosions, but people are encouraged to stamp and bang the tables with their dishes and cutlery which can get loud. It's a great night though.

Hope I've helped a bit x
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019