Snacks - take with us or buy in park

Started by jenny, April 20, 2017, 05:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenny

We have gone for full board plus meal plan but my 2 girls do not eat big meals and like to snack, think this will happen even more so with long days in the parks. Think it would be an idea to take snacks over from UK with us in our suitcase, looks like airline will let us do this. Apparently there is a shop at the train station in the parks - has anyone used it at all and what kind of things can you get and for how much?

tubbsy

Never used the train station shop. We always take snacks across with us. The space that had the snacks can then be filled with souvenirs ;)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

jenny

Thanks for your response and great idea.  :)

grovesie

We take snacks and cans of soft drinks with us, makes a huge saving over a week's stay

ChipandDale99

We take drinks and snacks too. Especially in the hotel for evenings.
We have been to train station shop a few times. I can't exactly remember what they have but it's the usual range of crisps, biscuits and other normal snacks. It's not that it's particularly cheap, it's just normal price for the normal world. But a lot cheaper than Disney snacks.
We do love having the occasional Disney snack but we worked out last time that for 5 people (all adults) to have a snack and drink (like a muffin and coke) it was about €30.  :o
So I'd recommend tubbsys idea because even if you don't eat them all and have to bin some at the end it will still save more money.

noodle

thanks to all of you for the replies - we were wondering too, having heard about the shop at the train station.

our travel agent recommended taking water bottles into the park, along with a couple of those small robinsons concentrate squirties. then there is the possiblility to fill up with water at the many water fountations around the park and then add flavour or not as required.

hope this helps others too.... ;)

Zee79

We took the Robinson squirty bottles in the summer, saved us a fortune. They even cheaper if you go to home bargains or b&m. For the kids I often take the pack lunch snack biscuits, 6 packets for a £1 or less can't go wrong.

grovesie

On our last trip we took the 3 in 1 coffee sachets, in the park we ask for cups of hot water( which are free). The pound shop has a packet of 7-10 sachets for a pound.

tubbsy

Like that idea of the coffee sachets :) Never even thought if that.
Don't forget to pop the Robinsons squirties in a sandwich bag. I do know someone who didn't and if leaked.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

jessief

Is it still ok to take bottled water and flasks through park security ?

Zee79

We've never been stopped taking water or soft drinks in. I don't know about flasks sorry.

jessief

jenny

Thanks to everyone for responding and the ideas with the coffee and juice.  :)

grovesie

I have had a look for a money saving tips subject but I could not find one. Could someone have a look to and if there isn't one it maybe a good idea for a topic.......