DLP on the cheap!

Started by Crush, February 26, 2017, 01:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crush

I have a lot of air miles that I can use on BA flights and Marriott hotels, so I'm thinking of trying to do a cheap as possible DLP trip, hopefully only needing to pay for park tickets for my sister & I.

Having had a quick look, there seems to be a Mariott near(ish) the parks - does anyone know if there is any shuttle service/easy way of getting from there to the parks?

Also, best place to get park tickets? I've only ever stayed on site before so have no idea of the kind of prices I should expect to pay for tickets to the park & the studios?

Any advice gratefully received.

Other option may be to use the air miles just for the flights and then stay onsite in either the Santa Fe or the Cheyenne, if getting to/from the Mariott proves tricky - as then tickets would be included too, and I might be able to get a meal plan in a deal.

I'd like to go before the summer, maybe term time in April or May? I've only ever been in November & January before so used to the parks quiet, so wouldn't want to go when too busy!
January 2004 - Hotel Santa Fe
January 2011 - Hotel Santa Fe
November 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2018 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2019 - Newport Bay Club
January 2020 - Davy Crockett Ranch
October 2021 - Walt Disney World Florida

claire2281

The current deal gets you 30% off some hotels and a free half board meal plan. You might find that staying in Sequoia is cheaper than the Cheyenne during this offer.

If you look on the website it tells you what price the park tickets are to buy online e.g. a 3 day, 2 park ticket will cost you about £130 per adult.

I believe people have said there is a shuttle bus from the Marriott but I couldn't tell you anything about it I'm afraid.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

dencarter

How long is your trip? If four days or more an annual pass is your best bet, especially if you get a sponsor (happy to help with that if you need to). With thenoass you also get great food and merchandise discounts as well as Extra Magic Hours.

Accommodation-wise, I almost always find the best value is at an Airbnb in Serris (there are loads!) which is 15-20 min walk or a free shuttle ride away.

April and May are both good times, especially if you avoid Easter. If you like thrill rides, bear in mind Space Mountain will be closed until 5 May, though. Mid week is much quieter than weekends.

Hope that helps!

Askew80

Due to a recent mix up Expedia didn't book Davy cricket ranch for the first night of our trip so ended sending us to marriott hotel village.  This is a 4* resort and was great. Rooms or houses as they actually turned out to be were gorgeous.

They do a shuttle service from the hotel and think was 4 European each way per person.  Would advise taking food as hotel shop was expensive (8.90 Euros for a frozen pizza that costs 1.50 from tesco!)

Think the accommodation is normally in the region of 200 a night

Crush

I'm sorry to have started this thread and then abandoned it - thanks for your replies, I appreciate it!

The DLP trip had been put on the back burner a bit but my boss text earlier to remind me the air miles were expiring and essentially use them or loose them (I get them through work rather than flying anywhere myself!), so I've been having another look into the DLP trip again today.

Looking at prices - I've worked out a very tentative plan of 18th/19th/20th September in the parks, staying two nights on-site and then in the Marriott for a night either side, so we get three full days in the parks rather than loosing part days traveling.

At the moment, with the 25% off & free half board, the Sequoia Lodge is working out only a few pounds more than the Santa Fe, and the free half board would be a great bonus. On the website earlier, I think it was telling me I had to book before the 23rd April - does anyone know if this is when the offer ends? And if so, what the next one might be?

Things I've been wondering about are:

- What are the new breakfasts like? On past trips we've filled up on a big breakfast and then only eaten once again in the late afternoon, and with the free half board, this would be perfect and pretty much wipe out food costs. However, I'm thinking the new breakfasts aren't going to be too substantial?!

- I know it gets asked a thousand times, but any idea on how busy it is likely to be during these dates? Thinking (hoping) it wouldn't be too bad given the summer hols are over? I've only ever done DLP in Nov & Jan x 2, when it's been very quiet, crowds would drive me insane!

- Any advice on reliable/cheap transport from Charles de Gaulle? I know there is the Magic Shuttle to DLP but we would be traveling to/from a currently undecided Marriott hotel so this wouldn't be possible. I do need to look at which Marriott is closest to the parks yet!

Trying not to get too ahead of myself, but always exciting planning a DLP trip! :D
January 2004 - Hotel Santa Fe
January 2011 - Hotel Santa Fe
November 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2018 - Hotel Cheyenne
November 2019 - Newport Bay Club
January 2020 - Davy Crockett Ranch
October 2021 - Walt Disney World Florida

polar vixen

The next offer is USUALLY 10 to 15 percent off and free half board so definitely less than you'll get now. I'd Definitely go for sequoia over santa fe as you'd also be getting a plus level free meal plan rather than the standard so you could eat places like bistrot chez Remy at no extra cost. As far as breakfast you now get a voucher to use in the parks there's a thread about it on here. Voucher is worth 9 euros and gets you a hot drink and orange juice with a choice of omelette in a bun and croissant or petition pain and pain author chocolate....I think. Xx

sunshineinadress

Those dates in September are great - I went over pretty much those exact dates last year and the parks were pretty quiet - I think the longest wait we had was 45 minutes for Crush's Coaster! Obviously if these dates fall over the weekend it will be slightly busier.
:)